Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:51 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I thought that this sentence near the end of the woman's letter was interesting:

It would be sad to see an exodus of educated, childrearing age adults from Wyoming as a result of poor lawmaking.

Wyoming isn't clamoring to greatly increase its population. Anybody else find the childbearing-age comment strange?
It would be a GOOD thing to see an exodus of clearly UNEDUCATED adults, of whatever age, from Wyoming as a result of the GOOD lawmaking Wyoming has been doing. Starting with this woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 10:53 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I thought that this sentence near the end of the woman's letter was interesting:

It would be sad to see an exodus of educated, childrearing age adults from Wyoming as a result of poor lawmaking.

Wyoming isn't clamoring to greatly increase its population. Anybody else find the childbearing-age comment strange?
She means young liberals. She can't imagine why the state wouldn't want them to enlighten the people and progress the state forward to being Wyo-fornia.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eofelis View Post
I moved from MA to WY years ago. Yeah , WY is slightly overrun with Republicans, rednecks, cowboy wanna-bes, etc. When I lived there I was a vegetarian (not any more) and more of a tree-hugger type than I am now (I don't care as much anymore). But I met a lot of super nice people and got along well with every one (even the aforementioned types). I enjoyed living there and still have many friends there.

I now live in western CO, which is more like WY than like the Denver area. I still meet like minded people here and live and let live with the folks who have different opinions.
are there as many red haired people in western CO as compared to say somewhere else, like, oh, I dunno.............Wyoming!

Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 AM

57 posts, read 72,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Have you ever been to Wyoming?

This is what 90% of day-to-day life in Wyoming consists of:

Crazy cowboy fight - YouTube
I think those are tourist dudes...from California? We encourage them to 'let it all hang out'!

Old 02-15-2013, 10:57 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
are there as many red haired people in western CO as compared to say somewhere else, like, oh, I dunno.............Wyoming!
Massachusetts - lots of red haired Irishmen/women. Love them, not the state.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:58 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,045,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Exactly.

We're currently exploring our options for where we want to move when we leave Las Vegas. For a while, Sheridan, WY was at the top of the list. For a number of reasons, other places have moved ahead of it. I think it's time to give Sheridan some more thought.
I lived in Sheridan for several years back in the 1990s. This was before the coalbed methane boom and the cost of living there skyrocketed. I'm not sure what it is like now. There were a lot of nice people there, probably still are LOL. I considered Sheridan to be the banana belt of WY. Generally mild weather and not much wind due to the mtns just to the west.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:00 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If you continue to expose your prejudice to someone whose genes came together in such a way as to give him/her red hair, I will continue to comment on the hypocrisy of it.
I'm glad you told me. I'll simply block you and that will avoid my having to spend time reading the comments you've warned me about. See what a good solution that was?

Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Have you ever been to Wyoming?

This is what 90% of day-to-day life in Wyoming consists of:
I figure you're making a joke here, since that is far to silly and trite to be a serious statement from any actual Wyoming resident.

Quote:
When I used to go Fort Collins, Colorado to visit friends there, you'd go to bars on the weekends and they'd just be full of cowboys from Wyoming kicking the s**t out of each other.
I lived in Ft. Collins for many years, it's my favorite non-coastal town.

The reason those FEW Wyoming idiots came to Ft. Collins to pull that stuff, is because most of Wyoming was NOT like that, and wouldn't put up with their stupidity. So they left the state to try to find someplace that would. Most places in Ft. Collins didn't tolerate it either, but a few decided to take their money and let them pay for the damages.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:07 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Really? Does "the mob" in Wyoming disagree with her, or is it that ne red-haired nutjob that spewed his right wing bs, and therefore you believe, that nutjob represents "everyone" in Wyoming? Oh for Pete's sake. This must be some kind of formula! One nutjob spewing = millions of nutjobs spewing.
I just love it when you demonstrate how little you know, while pretending to be morally superior and better educated than the person you're responding to. That happens a lot, and I get a kick out of it every time.

There are well under one million people in Wyoming, so it's impossible that anyone could assume that "one nutjob spewing = millions of nutjobs spewing."

Perhaps if you had been homeschooled, you'd know more about the things you discuss.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:11 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I just love it when you demonstrate how little you know, while pretending to be morally superior and better educated than the person you're responding to. That happens a lot, and I get a kick out of it every time.

There are well under one million people in Wyoming, so it's impossible that anyone could assume that "one nutjob spewing = millions of nutjobs spewing."

Perhaps if you had been homeschooled, you'd know more about the things you discuss.
Back at you! It's simply because I was NOT homeschooled that I catch on to the bs being typed in these threads by right wingers. If I'd been homeschooled, I'd never catch on and would simply do a bobble-head nod.

It never ceases to baffle me. I read a post for the absence of logic and analyze it, look at the links, research the links, find they're bunk, post back. I notice everything. You don't seem to like that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies