Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 01:24 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,834,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
No it wasn't. Where are their deeds that established ownership of property at the time? Where was their established government located?

On the other hand, we can look at this from a liberal point of view. If anything the pilgrims were bringing multiculturalism and diversity to a sickeningly homogeneous society and the "native Americans" were a bunch of Nazis, racists and haters for opposing them. Didn't they know "diversity is strength"? Tell me how your perception of Pilgrims are now?
Do you realize that at times the Pilgrims did respect the Native American property rights and acquired the land by purchasing it from them? The point being that the Pilgrims understood who owned the land. Sometime they respected those property rights and other times they did not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 01:27 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,834,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
Hard to produce a passport when, at the time, such a thing did not exist. The only "papers" the Mayflower Pilgrims might have had would be a colonial charter from the British government.

I suppose some sort of sensitivity training may be appropriate for USDA employees, since many meat processing plants and other agricultural sites are manned largely by immigrants, both legal and illegal. However, the style and substance of this guy's video in just plain wacky. Can't blame Obama for this, though, as this kind of nonsense has been in gov't for quite some time.
Did you watch the full videos? The clipped versions and the writeup provided by Judicial Watch does not accurately reflect the seminar.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:33 PM

1,137 posts, read 970,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Clearly multiple people in the thread share the same view as me. So that would make you the sociopath.

Pretty much.
Clearly your ridiculous opinions are in the minority in this thread, as they would be compared to historical fact.

You fail badly.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:42 PM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Clearly your ridiculous opinions are in the minority in this thread, as they would be compared to historical fact.

You fail badly.
Statements such those above only indicate that you are just angry and cannot accept history. My "opinions" in this thread being the minority does not make them false. A large number of individuals in the nation are in denial about the history of this nation.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:43 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,100,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
More of Obama's government waste of taxpayer money. How does this help the American people?
That's so funny ha ha.

I've liked all the USDA people I've worked with. They've always helped the businesses they've worked with rather than hurt in my experience. It's all about the government and business community working together in a fair and honest manner. Equal.

Pilgrims were illegal aliens. But ended up being much worse. They didn't come here and work. They came here and took over the land from people who had been here for thousands of years.

I believe in nationalism but I don't believe in lying. I love my country and am very glad to be born here, but I understand things have not always been right in this "land." If people put as much energy into improving this "land" as they do tearing each other down we could have some of the greatest land on earth. All of us together. As long as your American. Native Americans are still American last time I checked.

I'd vote for taxes being diverted towards uplifting Native Americans. They lost everything including mothers, brothers, sisters, and fathers.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Do you realize that at times the Pilgrims did respect the Native American property rights and acquired the land by purchasing it from them? The point being that the Pilgrims understood who owned the land. Sometime they respected those property rights and other times they did not.
That simply cannot be! Native Americans were all nomadic people who own nothing, remember! *please note sarcasm*

Old 02-15-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That's so funny ha ha.

I've liked all the USDA people I've worked with. They've always helped the businesses they've worked with rather than hurt in my experience. It's all about the government and business community working together in a fair and honest manner. Equal.

Pilgrims were illegal aliens. But ended up being much worse. They didn't come here and work. They came here and took over the land from people who had been here for thousands of years.

I believe in nationalism but I don't believe in lying. I love my country and am very glad to be born here, but I understand things have not always been right in this "land." If people put as much energy into improving this "land" as they do tearing each other down we could have some of the greatest land on earth. All of us together. As long as your American. Native Americans are still American last time I checked.

I'd vote for taxes being diverted towards uplifting Native Americans. They lost everything including mothers, brothers, sisters, and fathers.
Thank you for the refreshing perspective. I completely agree and don't understand why people are so intent on denying this. I am very grateful to be American as well, but I do hold special sympathy for Native Americans. Taxes being diverted towards their uplifting would be fine with me as well.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:15 PM

52,547 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Whatever laws the Native Americans had were broken by the Europeans who invaded.
name them.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
name them.
Respect the land. Only kill what you eat. Spirituality.

Just a few.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 PM

Maybe we wouldn't be so stressed out all the time if we observed more of their customs and practices. We'd also have a much more beautiful country.

It's never to late to reverse course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies