Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:14 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Actually, none of this is true.

"Old Army Soldier" / "Steve McGarret" / "Retired Intelligence Office" (on the Fogbow) / "Cold Case Posse Supporter" (on Free Republic) is actually 51 years old and has never served a day in his life. Born around 1962, he is too young to have served in Vietnam, and his resume is too filled with IT gigs to have served anywhere or at anytime else. By the time he graduated from high school the Vietnam war had been over for six years. He graduated from college in 1984 and went straight to work as an IT guy. Over his career has has worked for less than a handful of small firms, mostly in the deep south. He is currently the CTO for a small independent insurance coop.

He is also involved with a wacky fundamentalist/pentecostal Christian congregation with associated radio and television ministries.

Certainly, you tell how filled he is by the holy ghost.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Lol. You have truly lost it and are way-way-way off course HistorianDude.
Right.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:23 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Right.

Yes, I am right. You really are off course. You really have me mixed up with someone else. I can promise you that. You are making a fool out of yourself in a desperate attempt to out this person that is not me.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Yes, I am right. You really are off course. You really have me mixed up with someone else. I can promise you that. You are making a fool out of yourself in a desperate attempt to out this person that is not me.
Says "Obama" to "Old Army Soldier"

Old 02-19-2013, 06:36 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Says "Obama" to "Old Army Soldier"
Old Army Soldier's background is not germaine to the topic. The FACT is that Obama,...supposedly the military CIC,...is embarrassing himself with his lack of knowlege regarding the military. Obama is supposedly a great scholar and orator but stumbles over the simple concept of Purple Heart and the pronunciation of "schrapnel" and "corpsmen"?

The military men are laughing at him,...and his ignorance regarding the military doesn't build a lot of confidence in the ranks.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:39 AM

651 posts, read 705,136 times
It was bad stratigerie.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
What an Idiot, He doesn't even know it's a Bronze Heart...

Old 02-19-2013, 06:47 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
And the dems called Bush dumb... I guess Obama is a genius to them. Their perception of Obama is so far off.

Let's give Obama a gold "medal" on his forehead for trying...
Oh, how they railed against W. They honestly don't know how dumb they are to fall all over someone many, many times dumber than W ever could be.

I'm not sure how that medal on the forehead would work. Too many flies hanging out there. Lordy, he must stink to high heaven!

Old 02-19-2013, 06:55 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
That's right, focus on the gaffe instead of the substance, which is Chuck Hagel's military record.

Anyone who makes public speeches is going to eventually have a gaffe and the law of averages says that the more speeches one makes the more gaffes. Bush had loads of them -- so many, that the term "Bushism" was coined.

Examples:

* I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well.
* "They misunderestimated me."
* "Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again."
* "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."
* "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it."
* "I'm going to put people in my place, so when the history of this administration is written at least there's an authoritarian voice saying exactly what happened."
* "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

Isn't the point that the GOP Senators are holding up the appointment of a former GOP Senator as Sec'y of Defense? Isn't it much more important to have a Defense Secretary on the job than it is quibbling about whether the Prez said Purple Star instead of Purple Heart?

Old 02-19-2013, 07:25 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That's right, focus on the gaffe instead of the substance, which is Chuck Hagel's military record.

Anyone who makes public speeches is going to eventually have a gaffe and the law of averages says that the more speeches one makes the more gaffes. Bush had loads of them -- so many, that the term "Bushism" was coined.

Examples:

* I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well.
* "They misunderestimated me."
* "Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again."
* "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."
* "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it."
* "I'm going to put people in my place, so when the history of this administration is written at least there's an authoritarian voice saying exactly what happened."
* "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

Isn't the point that the GOP Senators are holding up the appointment of a former GOP Senator as Sec'y of Defense? Isn't it much more important to have a Defense Secretary on the job than it is quibbling about whether the Prez said Purple Star instead of Purple Heart?
Agreed. Focusing on a misspelled word or a stumble in a speech can be funny but it has nothing to do with the job at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies