Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 08:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
So you believe all thieves should get the death penalty? Would that include all the Wall St thieves who nearly bankrupted this country?
Cept that Wall Street did not break the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 09:01 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,630,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Cept that Wall Street did not break the law.
But through their greedy and unethical actions they made billions while bringing the U.S. to the edge of economic ruin. What did this 15-year-old steal? The financial thieves in effect stole from millions of people, so who did more harm?

Old 02-16-2013, 09:11 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obama is doing absolutely nothing to help troubled American youth. NADA. He's promising wonderful futures to anyone who gets here illegally -- but is turning a deaf ear to the needs of at risk Americans. Kids like this can only be turned around if they are prepared for some kind of job. But Obama plans to give more jobs to those pouring over the borders illegally. There is not much future left for kids like this. Without jobs they face prison or death.
Presidents are never short on educational goals. All that is necessary is to fund them.

Education is primarily a state and municipality within the state, issue.

And somewhere in all of this, is an obligation on the family to take responsibility, too.

If the family does not value education, the kid is substantially less likely going to have a shot.

There is tremendeous emphasis on college prep and yet, many, many kids have no apptitude for higher education, no different than 50 years ago. A high school degree qualifies most nothing.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:32 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,159,269 times
Quote:
Using deadly force is justified if you think your life is in danger, not your property.

This homeowner had no reason to think that, given that he saw no evidence of the perpetrator being armed.
It happened at 01:30 in the morning, in the dark, What did you want, the home owner to say, "STOP, so i can shine a light on you to see if you are armed, before I shoot you"?

Old 02-16-2013, 09:52 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,007,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
15 year olds have been burgling into home since there have been homes to burgle.
And I've been armed as long as I've been of legal age to own a firearm. 15, 25 or 65, I don't really care... you make yourself a threat to my home or family and I will defend.

All 15 year old petty burglars are harmless... until they aren't.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,961,214 times
Quote:
So you believe all thieves should get the death penalty? Would that include all the Wall St thieves who nearly bankrupted this country?
I personally hope that they rot in Hell!

Old 02-16-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Wow, what a great way to teach a lesson. Every school teacher should be armed. BAM, headshot. Let that be a lesson to the rest of you, not to forget your homework.
Sarcasm aside, let's look at a reality..

Did you grow up in a home with your dad?

Did you backtalk him? Why not? The answer is normally because, if you back talked your dad, he would whack you so hard your head would spin off your shoulders.

It was a punishment you feared, so as a youngster, you learned not to do the action that would result in a punishment you feared.

I am NOT saying to "bust a cap" on a kid who doesn't turn in homework, but in MY day, you were punished, your mom would punish you, then state, "wait till your dad gets home", and then you would get it again. You learned to do your homework, because of fear of the consequences.

Later on in life, you don't backtalk your dad, because you realize it's disrespectful, you turned your homework in, because you were supposed to. You learned the habits initially out of fear of punishment.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
So all of you who think this was a great death, you think all burglars should receive the death penalty?
It would probably stop a lot of burglaries?

Seriously, if you break into someone's home/business/garage/back yard/whatever, haven't you already made your statement? You have already said, you don't care about the law, you don't care about what happens to you.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:35 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,007,732 times
Quote:
So all of you who think this was a great death, you think all burglars should receive the death penalty?
I don't think many if any people on here think this was a great death, no death is "great". I do believe that any time a person is able to defend themselves successfully by any means necessary it is great.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,816,975 times
Quote:
Yes, they should receive an instant death penalty. You break into someone's home, you should expect to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies