Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The whole "Jews Control the Government" thing is bogus because American politicians routinely criticize Israel in public with zero consequences.

As far as our politicians are concerned Israel is no more or less important an ally than Chile or Ghana.
LMAO....you'd make a GREAT comedian.

BTW...are there SUPPOSED to be consequences for criticizing Israel? And since your answer is surely "yes," what consequences should there be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Rebel, you are spouting a propaganda put forth by the Egyptians. Israel mistook the US ship for an Egyptian ship. It sucks, many, many lives were lost. US and Israel enemy countries doubled-down on the lie. Come on now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Of course they apologized,they are liars why would they collude with the US president to try and sink the ship? They didn't do so because more US ships got there first.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:01 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,162 times
EconomicPolicyJournal.com: The USS Liberty, Israel & President Johnson’s Order to Destroy the USS Liberty

Say again?

Old 02-16-2013, 05:03 PM

Sinking Liberty | The American Conservative

Old 02-16-2013, 05:04 PM

The Liberty crew was sworn to secrecy over the incident and a hastily-convened court of inquiry headed by Admiral John McCain acted under orders from Washington to declare the attack a case of mistaken identity. The inquiry’s senior legal counsel Captain Ward Boston, who subsequently declared the attack to be a “deliberate effort to sink an American ship and murder its entire crew,†also described how “President Lyndon Johnson and Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara ordered him to conclude that the attack was a case of ‘mistaken identity’ despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.†The court’s findings were rewritten and sections relating to possible war crimes, such as the machine-gunning of life rafts, were excised. Following in his father’s footsteps, Senator John McCain of Arizona has used his position on the Senate Armed Services Committee to effectively block any reconvening of a board of inquiry to reexamine the evidence. Most of the documents relating to the Liberty incident have never been released to the public.

WHY? If it was just an "accident" why secrecy? Why being ordered to change the report?

Old 02-16-2013, 05:48 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Well, I read your articles. I know there were a lot of theories about this occurrence. I read one of the books published about it some time ago. I have never read that people were sworn to secrecy. I have never seen that, never seen papers on it. There was a theory that the rulers of Egypt and Syria concocted this plan and it is, or was, in Egyptian students' history books up to the 2000's.

The American ship fired on the Israel boats after the air strike because they were approaching in fighter formation. I remember a US commander--can't recall his name-- coming forth not to many years ago setting forth that Israel's attack was deliberate, only to see that he previously admitted to lying under oath. I also remember that tapes were released where two Israeli pilots (can't recall if they were in helicopters or fighter jets) discussed that an Egyptian ship was present.

I can only say that if you want to believe it, you can. I do not believe it. It was war time. The Liberty was on an intelligence collecting mission. The attack was deliberate, but mistaken.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:01 PM

361 posts, read 272,851 times
Israel does not deny what happend. They even told us about it when I was in the army. Yitzhak Rabin talks about it in his book. My point is this is no secret. People bring it up like its some kind of hidden Israeli secret. It was an unfortunate accident that Israel has apologized for over and over and even the Americans know it was an honest mistake. It's a tragedy yes. The reason most have never heard of it is because it was a non issue that has been resolved and put to rest already. Stop bringing it up like its some hidden secret israel doesnt want the world to know

Old 02-16-2013, 06:08 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Israel does not control the government but rich zionist Jews have a strong influence on the US government due to their wealth. That translates into favoring Israel even when it isn't in US interest.

The Democrats and Republicans generally only agree on one thing: Israel is our most important ally and needs to be supported. That's no accident especially in light they disagree on just about everything else.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A Jew hating Catholic who's been fined and placed on probation for domestic violence.

I guess that makes him an easy one for the regressives to hate, eh?
So tell me burdell whats the difference in Maher hating on Israel and Mel Gibson saying something about Jews while drunk. Maher can hate on Israel while sober and no one cares, most on the left agree with him. Is this because Maher is an American Jew.......who has a hate for Israel, but not the Jews.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So tell me burdell whats the difference in Maher hating on Israel and Mel Gibson saying something about Jews while drunk. Maher can hate on Israel while sober and no one cares, most on the left agree with him. Is this because Maher is an American Jew.......who has a hate for Israel, but not the Jews.
Is loving Israel mandatory for Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies