Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Too bad the AR 15 didn't assault these two thugs!

Video Landing Page - Fox 2 News Headlines
I wonder if the police are looking for a couple of people who may have soiled their jeans when that vicious looking weapon showed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 02:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No one has brainwashed me. I do think for myself. I am neither anti gun or pro gun, I am simply in favor of common sense being used to dictate who, and how, guns are sold to the general public.

Gun laws, be they background checks, a Federal database, or required proficiency training should be part and parcel of the privilege of owning a firearm.

Those are my thoughts and beliefs, not someone elses. And they are based on common sense, the number of gun fatalities in this country, and the easy access to firearms in America. I am not in favor of banning AR-15's or other semi automatic rifles, however, they should only be sold to people who have proven they are responsible and qualified enough to own them.

Again, simply common sense.
I think that the bolded words are about giving the Obama people an easy street to who has what and how many. What do you actually think about it?

Old 02-17-2013, 03:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
"Common sense" is so often used by anti-gunners, IMO translates to something like--I don't have a cogent and reasoned argument to support my position, so instead I'll just slap a handy-dandy label of 'common sense' on it, and call it good.

I've posted this many times before, but why not one more...real "common sense" would look for some regs that might have conceivably prevented Sandy Hook, the incident that provoked all the debate. How would universal background checks or training requirements have prevented Sandy Hook? They wouldn't have. In fact the Sandy Hook shooter reportedly tried to buy a gun and couldn't. Presumably his mother went thru a NICS check when she bought her guns. So we already had background checks in place, and they did nothing. Plus, the shooter was reportedly well-enough trained, so it is tough to see how that would have mattered.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:25 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
These are some reasons, I suppose
odanny responses are in red...my are in black:

Quote:
Then what does attempting to ban a thumb hole stock do?
beats me

My point, why agree with something you have no clue about? Sheeple ring a bell?

Quote:
What does banning all magazines that hold more than 7 rounds (in NY) and 10 in other states do?
decreases capacity to kill large numbers of people in crowded places by making shooter reload

Nope, any averge person who knows their gun can drop and load a magazine in less than 2-3 seconds..

Quote:
What does banning a gun that has a "lug" to put a knife on the end of your rifle do?
nothing

Then why attempt to ban that particular rifle? My point, why agree with something you have no clue about? Sheeple ring a bell?

Quote:
What does a pistol grip have to do with the lethality of a gun?
increases portability is my guess, as well as greater firing control

Increase portability? How long was the longest gun fight? you're guessing again...I'm staring to feel bad for you....

Quote:
What does the folding of a stock have to do with the lethality of a gun?
increases ability to conceal

That has nothing to do with the lethality of the gun.

Quote:
What does a telescoping stock have to do with the lethality of a gun?
see above

Quote:
What does a threaded barrel have to do with the lethality of a gun?
attaching a flash suppressor?

Quote:
What does a detachable stock have to do with the lethality of a gun?

Quote:
You say you are common sense and not pro/anti gun, this only leads me to believe that you know nothing about guns and have no desire to.
I know a little, but less than your average gun hugger.

When you have a conversation, you should attempt to understand what your are having a conversation about.

Quote:
And why did you use the word "DICTATE" in your response?
Would you rather I said "DETERMINE"?

No, I would rather you have a little bit of understanding of what you are attempting to talk about.

The questions above are all from the feinstien bill that was proposed.....and your answers prove you know very little about guns, or the bill.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:25 PM

472 posts, read 740,579 times
If the robbers had the AR the story would be wall-to-wall on the msm networks.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:50 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
I'm waiting for some lefty moron to yelp that the story isn't true because it was on "FAUX" news.

Jeez..........that was embarrassing to type, and to think some fools actually believe it.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:10 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
odanny responses are in red...my are in black:

beats me

My point, why agree with something you have no clue about? Sheeple ring a bell?

decreases capacity to kill large numbers of people in crowded places by making shooter reload

Nope, any averge person who knows their gun can drop and load a magazine in less than 2-3 seconds..

nothing

Then why attempt to ban that particular rifle? My point, why agree with something you have no clue about? Sheeple ring a bell?

increases portability is my guess, as well as greater firing control

Increase portability? How long was the longest gun fight? you're guessing again...I'm staring to feel bad for you....

see above

I know a little, but less than your average gun hugger.

When you have a conversation, you should attempt to understand what your are having a conversation about.

Would you rather I said "DETERMINE"?

No, I would rather you have a little bit of understanding of what you are attempting to talk about.

The questions above are all from the feinstien bill that was proposed.....and your answers prove you know very little about guns, or the bill.
Why did I try and engage in a rational dialogue with you? I knew better going in, and did it anyway.

My bad.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Why did I try and engage in a rational dialogue with you? I knew better going in, and did it anyway.

My bad.
So, none of your answer were rational?

I guess you telling everyone that you are a sheeple, and going with the flow is just fine.....

Lets recap, shall we:

Quote:
beats me
Quote:
is my guess,

Quote:
Quote:
I know a little,
So, basically what you have said is.......

wait for it............................

I'm a sheepple.................................

Old 02-17-2013, 07:57 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That's not what you said....you said local.....
I said local story.

Quote:
Who said that? Not me....you said local.....
Local story...

Quote:
I see a prime example of something going directly against the lefts agenda, so you won't see it on any news....that is called fake outrage....
Get your eyes checked.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I said local story.
Yes...yes you did....

Quote:
Local story...
for the 2nd time....yes, yes you did...

Quote:
Get your eyes checked.
for the 3rd time...yes you said it was local....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies