Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 08:26 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The Walton family members all just each got a bonus around a quarter billion dollars each. Cry me a river.
Perhaps these "job creators" can use their bonuses to shop at Walmart and keep it afloat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 08:26 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But the poster seemed to think part of the problem was "Wages are not keeping pace with the minimal inflation we have"

WalMart being the huge employer that it is, I wonder if they're not more a creator than victim of the problem? I don't believe they exactly take the Henry Ford attitude towards wages.
Yes, sorry, but I couldn't stop from noting what I did.

I see it as a bit of a chicken and egg argument. Is the problem wages or inflation? If Store A is paying $1 for something and sells it for $1.25 and sells 100,000 of them are they really doing better when they show an increase in revenue by selling the same 100,000 of those items at $1.35 but is paying $1.10 for them?

Yes, that is a very simplistic argument but it is what is happening in many cases. A business is taking in more but they are also paying more.

The problem is programs like QE, not with Wal-Mart not paying a little more.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm in the top 5% and shop at Walmart.

Why spend more than you have to?
To support American jobs instead of jobs in China.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Any place you shop is supporting American jobs since the cashiers and stock people are living here.
Is Walmart more American than your regional supermarket ?

In my area the regional supermarket pays better than Wallymart with better benefits and less crap from China.
They get my business.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
I'm just your average teabagging, 2A loving looney conservatard (according to you and yours).

Do you consider those that call us those names to be adults? How about the person who's response is above
yours. Do you think it was an adult that did that?
You are ruining your own thread! Other posters are attempting to discuss the issue - despite your ridiculous thread title and you keep bursting in with this crap.

Stopping right here.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:34 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Any place you shop is supporting American jobs since the cashiers and stock people are living here.

In my area the regional supermarket pays better than Wallymart with better benefits and less crap from China.
They get my business.
Around here Walmarts don't even cell groceries. It makes it real simple to shop at Whole Foods.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:35 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You are ruining your own thread! Other posters are attempting to discuss the issue - despite your ridiculous thread title and you keep bursting in with this crap.

Stopping right here.
He tends do that from the first post. Check out his other threads.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:36 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I wish it was this simple. We sold our product around the world as the innovator of that product for years. China can now make it cheaper and the rest of the world isn't interested in our best interests.

It's too expensive to sell only in the U.S. with the number employed in the past.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:37 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Stopping right here.
I am just responding to your ******* friends. Tell them to stop and so will I.

Make it so.

BTW, most of you have missed the point which is that raising taxes doesn't stimulate
the economy.

Great reading comprehension skills lefties!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

They get my business.
Walmart pays Chinese wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies