Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
He'll be labeled a house ****** by the left. A good ol'uncle Tom dat dint wanna leave da masta.

Even though the collective brain power of the Democrat Senators would be half of his on a good day.

Zippitty doo da.......
He is a house negro I don't say the other n word.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think conservatives liked his message at the National Prayer Breakfast, and perhaps the fact that he said it with the President sitting two seats down from him. But as far as I can tell, he's just a man who talks about what's wrong with the country and how we could get it back on track. His story about his family is really inspiring. I don't know if he ever had plans to run for office, but I think likes the spotlight to be on his ideas and his foundation. I bet the money is pouring into his charity right now because of all the attention.
Black conservatives don't speak on real life racism they face they act like it doesn't exist his whole speech was basically giving whites a pass raxism but fighting through it and not letting it hold him back. White people love guys like him it gives them a pass and he's the type to not say nothing about it.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:13 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Excuse me blue eyes, but if you think a five star general has no experience in politics, I believe you would be mistaken about that. How do you think a person achieves the rank of a five star, besides being battle field savvy and book smart? It's politics my dear, pure unadulterated politics. How much tail do you believe Eisenhower kissed to get where he did?
My dearjiveman, even at work threre are politics, it's just called learning how to play the game to get to the top. Eisenhower was never a politican in the true sense of the word, but he sure was a leader, something a President needs to be. I don't think Ike needed to do much azz kissing to climb the military ranks. Colin Powell was a military man and the public favorably wanted him to run for President, which he considered (he would have had my vote!!). He was appointed Secretary of State with a unanimous vote and retired from the military. How much tail do you think Powell kissed to reach the rank of Colonel or do you think he earned it because was he battle field savvy, book smart and a good leader?

Quite the opposite of our current president who has no battle field savvy and no proven record as a leader. Book smart?? Read enough books about anything and it can make one "book smart".

Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Black conservatives don't speak on real life racism they face they act like it doesn't exist his whole speech was basically giving whites a pass raxism but fighting through it and not letting it hold him back. White people love guys like him it gives them a pass and he's the type to not say nothing about it.

You are not racist, are you?
Who gave you a pass?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Maybe that's the problem why racism is such a constant - it's constantly being spoken about. Does every black person who has the opportunity to speak publicly or to a group of people obligated to mention racism to remind white people that it exists? Maybe more white people in a position to speak should bring up that racism is a two way street?

I guess you really didn't listen to the MAN because you were too busy dissecting what he said looking for a purpose or fault. I'm sure he experienced his fair share of racism. It didn't stop him from succeeding or becoming the man that he is.

Dr Carson didn't give anyone a "pass" because I don't think he is consumed with the issue of racism, like so may people are and who need to keep throwing wood on the fire to keep the flames burning. Dr Carson certainly didn't give Obama a pass.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
That talk at the prayer breakfast table showed poor taste and bad judgement...Theres a time and place for broadcasting your political ideas and the combo God theme with that idea about pain and the tax's was an underhanded smear....because it was in your face, no chance for explanation by Obama, in the supposed Co of a friendly gathering and boisterous by adding a sermon style texture suggesting God is on your side...

He later agreed when asked about the talk and said I prayed on it and God gives me whatever to say these things including its a free Country the Pres "works for us the people.....This is crazy...man cannot say God told me what to say on things like this... people;e gotta do their best, make mistakes and not suggest they have God in their back pocket as a tool or something...how can a world leader follow a hunch cause he thinks he heard a voice..? when things go wrong these style of interior ideas turn around and blame their idea of God for stuff so

poor judgement and even if the pres is an employee...people today need to start treating the employee far better...its one of the economy's problems and this assumption suggests employers can treat employees without the dignity of a human being and wind up embracing them....which is not Charitable, helpful or anything that would be expected to be heard from a pulpit... imaginary or not...too anxious....too eager and too tied up with a personal translation of an idea. A little quietly pushy if U ask me and not a good pick for this sort of thing at all...add somewhat arrogant and conceited....theres no room for a socially adapted foundation of conceit in leadership.
Good points. It is one thing to have a personal relationship with God, and that may well inform one's professional decisions, but expressing it in such a manner is not going to play well with a large number of Americans and surely not on the international stage.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Maybe that's the problem why racism is such a constant - it's constantly being spoken about. Does every black person who has the opportunity to speak publicly or to a group of people obligated to mention racism to remind white people that it exists? Maybe more white people in a position to speak should bring up that racism is a two way street?

I guess you really didn't listen to the MAN because you were too busy dissecting what he said looking for a purpose or fault. I'm sure he experienced his fair share of racism. It didn't stop him from succeeding or becoming the man that he is.

Dr Carson didn't give anyone a "pass" because I don't think he is consumed with the issue of racism, like so may people are and who need to keep throwing wood on the fire to keep the flames burning. Dr Carson certainly didn't give Obama a pass.
He's the typical hard work Ouse negro white people love no offense but people like him share views with the majority of whites who want blacks to overcome and stop complaining racism exist everyday but he's the type to not say something about it. Hard work is why ingot here without looking st the full picture, I'd rather support a hustler like al sharp ton personally.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Dr. Ben Carson surprised a lot of people when he gave a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast a week or two ago, pointing out how silly and destructive liberalism and Obamacare were... to the President's face. It's taking a while for the liberals to recover. But the response will be inevitable: Dr. Carson is a rube, a stupid idiot, a dolt, a heartless supporter of the Top 2% or whatever the proportion is now, etc. These are the things they call EVERY conservatives when rthey can't refute most of what he says. The question is not IF they will begin these attacks on Dr. Carson, but WHEN.

Why is it taking them so long? It's been more than a week.

Anyone want to guess when they will have reduced him, in their own minds at least, to "Goofy" or "McCarthy" status?
And had the good doctor simply talked about his work and the role God plays in his life, no one on the right would have given him the time of day. It's only because he chose to abuse the platform he was given that he is now a hero to those who hate the president.
He could have to given that speech anywhere. That he chose to give it then and there shows him to be rather shallow and extremely prideful.
Just another person who believes that bad behavior should be rewarded.
A rather sad exclamation point to a distinguished career.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So a guy gives a good speech and all of a sudden, the right thinks he is qualified to be President?
Sort of like Dear Leader Barry, eh.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
He's the typical hard work Ouse negro white people love no offense but people like him share views with the majority of whites who want blacks to overcome and stop complaining racism exist everyday but he's the type to not say something about it. Hard work is why ingot here without looking st the full picture, I'd rather support a hustler like al sharp ton personally.
Stop acting as if you know what white people think or want.

I can understand you supporting the likes of Al Sharpton. He's corrupt in more ways than one and he most certainly doesn't help blacks where racism is concerned. If he didn't have racism to rant about he would be cleaning toilets, which is all he is fit to do. He's an embarrassment. White and black people keep racism alive - and that does not apply to ALL white and black people.

Keep up the good work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies