Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
Who is there aside from Dennis Miller, who doesn't count because he's a political pundit now, not a comedian.

Really, I can't think of ANY conservative comedians, unless you're talking about the ones who pretend to be rednecks, and they don't talk about politics.

Right-wing lunatics lend themselves so well to comedy, sarcasm, and parody.
Although political satire has been around for ages, the stand up comedian is a 20th century re invention. With popular comedians reaching the mases through TV, Radio, Album, and concerts.

The first part of the century, populist comedians were on radio and then televison. Younger comedians, male and female, made it in the mid-century with political humor started to really take hold at this time.
Counter culture comedians made fun of the "man" or the "Goverment" in a generic sense.

Young, Hip, Urban...were requsits for the political comedians that followed.

Kinda hard to be funny when you're an "Angry ol man"..."Get off my lawn you damn kids..." just aint so funny after the first few times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
So liberals have been having a field dy critisizing Marco Rubio over his sip of water during his speech last week.

It just makes you wonder about liberals though when they would idolize a man like Ted Kennedy who in 1969 was driving drunk with a woman in his car when his car went into the water on cape cod. After swimming to shore to save his own sorry ass Kennedy went home to sleep it off while the woman drowned. Only 10 hours later, the next day after consulting with his political handlers did Kennedy report the incident. The woman was long dead by then. This is the character of the man that liberals idiolized for years yet Marco Rubio is a nut for taking a sip of water during a televised speech?

CHAPPAQUIDDICK!

Oh yeah! I went there libs!
Pssst OP, what internet message boards were you hanging out at in 1969?

Old 02-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Pardon my bluntness but you don't speak for the left, you can barely speak for yourself.
So i dont speak for the left, but you and the cons this site do?

Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So i dont speak for the left, but you and the cons this site do?
I certainly don't speak for anyone on the left, why would I want to speak for a group of mentally deficient morons who have trouble functioning in daily life without the help of big daddy gubmint?

Old 02-17-2013, 09:59 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
This man has passed away. You old republicans need to let it go.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
This is exhibit "A" regarding how a member can write over 1,100 postings yet have a reputation score of only 269.
Don't get your panties in a bunch, this is just an internet discussion forum.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
I certainly don't speak for anyone on the left, why would I want to speak for a group of mentally deficient morons who have trouble functioning in daily life without the help of big daddy gubmint?

Why is it that the cities with college educated and successful professionals vote democratic while the rural areas vote republican. You seem to think that all democrats want hand outs when most are quite successful. You can see the intelligence here when some resort to name calling and others are above that.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why is it that the cities with college educated and successful professionals vote democratic while the rural areas vote republican. You seem to think that all democrats want hand outs when most are quite successful. You can see the intelligence here when some resort to name calling and others are above that.
Well, I'm not sure how to answer your fact-less statements since I'm a college educated, successful professional that lives in a pretty rural area who doesn't vote for either major party blindly. I don't "think" that all Democrats want handouts, I know that a large number of them do.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:14 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
Would you even have the decency to admit that what Kennedy did was far worse than what Rubio did?
Why are we talking about Ted Kennedy at all? Kennedy was responsible for the death of a young woman 44 years ago; Rubio got thirsty while making a speech. How are the two in any way related??

Old 02-17-2013, 10:22 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Well, I'm not sure how to answer your fact-less statements since I'm a college educated, successful professional that lives in a pretty rural area who doesn't vote for either major party blindly. I don't "think" that all Democrats want handouts, I know that a large number of them do.

You may be college educated and successful but I have never heard anyone like you address others as mentally deficient morons. It's a superior attitude when you try and put others down. You vote how you vote...let others do the same without the name calling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies