Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:41 PM

510 posts, read 430,705 times

Advertisements

Oops! AP got caught lying about what Rand Paul said on Fox, yet despite their retracting the story I count about a dozen online stories still using the false quote to smear Paul.

Quote:
AP Withdraws Bogus Article Claiming Rand Paul Said Voters Want To Round Up Immigrants

Read more: AP Withdraws Bogus Article Claiming Rand Paul Said Voters Want To Round Up Immigrants | NewsBusters
One of the articles that's still up:
Quote:

Sen. Paul: Voters want to round up immigrants

Sen. Paul: Voters want to round up immigrants - US News and World Report
I assume there's already been a forum thread about this, but that it's been "cleansed" to prevent to poor widdle lefty feewings from being hurt. Wouldn't want to upset the 'only Conservative news sources lie' narrative...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
Oops! AP got caught lying about what Rand Paul said on Fox, yet despite their retracting the story I count about a dozen online stories still using the false quote to smear Paul.

One of the articles that's still up:
I assume there's already been a forum thread about this, but that it's been "cleansed" to prevent to poor widdle lefty feewings from being hurt. Wouldn't want to upset the 'only Conservative news sources lie' narrative...
Wow. That doesn't surprise me at all though. Most of the media sources here is a joke.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:33 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
I think you're wrong about Rand Paul. You're right about the GOP being dead and Rubio though. At least IMO.

The GOP NEEDS a candidate like Rand if they want a chance in the future. The only thing that can keep the GOP going now is to take a Libertarian approach.
Rand isn't a libertarian, he's a hard right teabagger.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:37 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The real lesson is they are DOA and the further to the right they go the DOAer they will be. If the last two elections have not taught them that they are not paying attention. Rand Paul, Marco Rubio and any and all tea party types won't get half the votes Romney did.

They remind me of a bad sports team. They monkey around trying this and that and as long as they don't undergo a fundamental transformation they always remain losers. AS long as, at the core they retain those things that cause them to fail they will always fail. Now the GOP, instead of understanding that, doubles down on those things that make them losers.

Our conservatives here in Canada were in the same boat. They lost and lost and lost some more. They finally had enough of losing and changed big time. Out the window with social conservatism, they won't even let their own members bring social issues up in parliament. Well, they aren't losers any longer but are the government of Canada. The GOP worries too much about their base and caters to these people in such a way that causes them to lose. If they were to tell that base to shut up, that base would vote for them anyway. So you suppose they would vote democrat? Not a chance of that at all. That's how the conservatives did it here. The old base still votes for them though not happy about it, the new voters they are able to attract put them over the top.
The left is much better at hypocrisy ten the right. You attack Romney for having Caymen accounts then nominate for treasury a man with caymen accounts . You attack the right as racist but attack Rubio because he is Hispanic . The left loons are much better at hypocrisy then the right

Old 02-18-2013, 05:40 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Another good interview by him I thought.

Rand Paul: Country Is Ready For A "Libertarian Republican Narrative" | RealClearPolitics

Hope he runs in 2016.
Problem with Rand Paul is that he is now an outsider in Washington, no one likes him. Texas and Kentucky are very different states, I don't know if he'll be able to stay in as long as his father did in Texas.

I agree with a lot of what they have to say, I'm a small government guy at heart. However, they are just 100% the polar opposite of what most Americans are on social security and medicare, and being that way, they'll never win a national election, and they won't do that without the support of the party either.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What happens if the GOP gains seats in either or both houses in 2014? Would that help Obam through his last two years? I don't think so but maybe you know something I don't.
You mean if the GOP gerrymanders districts even more to maintain a majority in the House? Do remember that more people voted for Democrats for House seats than Republicans. Let's also remember that 3/4 of the Senate seats were Democratic defended seats and the Dems still managed to GAIN Senate seats.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:

Rand Paul: Country Is Ready For A "Libertarian Republican Narrative" | RealClearPolitics

Hope he runs in 2016.
He won't win anything. He won't even make it to debate. Too radical. GOP won't endorse. Americans as a whole won't vote 3rd. party, especially tea consumers.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Rand isn't a libertarian, he's a hard right teabagger.
He's a libertarian leaning Republican.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Not to mention a first class racist. These people still won`t acknowledge the fact that non whites are allowed to vote these days.
He's not racist.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:26 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:

Hope he runs in 2016.
He is an objectivist and that makes him and his admirers un-American. Since he has publicly backed off from this, a recent speech by him means nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies