Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 09:53 AM

142 posts, read 205,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_fox13 View Post
Yes, I think most of them are just plain lazy. I am white and bust my ass. That is why I can put food on my table. Major work ethic issues with them. Do not get me wrong, I have a few black girlfriends that are hard working; they do not complain, they bust their butts too and give back.
I don't know if it's simply work ethics for those you mention or an almost non-existent conscience which is a deep personality issue.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Yes, I think most of them are just plain lazy.
Most of "them" don't care what you think. You spend too much time thinking about "them" there is no way you can be successful using the term making statements you make.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:06 AM

Looks like it's coming down to listing "what blacks do in a day" compared to "what whites do in a day." Betcha most of it is the same but one side gets paid far more for it.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erehs059 View Post
I don't know if it's simply work ethics for those you mention or an almost non-existent conscience which is a deep personality issue.
Haha...this is hilarious. Now black people don't have souls.
Tell me, are black people even people?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
Quote:
Yes, I think most of them are just plain lazy.
Ladies and gentleman this is a reason why discussing these issues on this site is a waste of time, especially with people who have a negative opinion of us as a whole. We will always be judged by the worst examples of blacks!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Ladies and gentleman this is a reason why discussing these issues on this site is a waste of time, especially with people who have a negative opinion of us as a whole. We will always be judged by the worst examples of blacks!
I know, I don't even know how to talk to these people anymore...

You know what's really messed up? Every time I talk to white people in real life I'm like "Is he secretly hating my guts right now?"....

This site will just screw with your head after a while....

Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
There is only community in the US where getting educated and keeping a job is denigrated as "acting too white". In turn, the community has fostered an "anti-intellectual culture" which keeps people from moving beyond their circumstance

One black author has this to say:

And what about the tragic fact of a 25% poverty rate among black Americans? That's more than twice the 12% national poverty rate and more than triple the poverty rate among whites.

My critics are busy blaming racism for all this poverty. But that tactic is losing its punch because so many people of color, including black people from Africa and the Caribbean, arrive in this country and outperform native-born black people in educational achievement and income. And it is hard to make the old "racism is the whole problem" argument when the other 75% of black America is taking advantage of 50 years of new opportunities — since Brown vs. Board of Education and the Civil Rights Act — to create the largest black middle class in history, with unprecedented wealth and political power.

Black Journalist Spells Out Problems in Black Community

Still, I felt as if the whole panel, myself included, had gone too far in dismissing the "black culture" argument. In trying to make a point too quickly in a time-constrained public forum, we all allowed the howl of "No!" to completely override any serious engagement with the very real issue of black group culture, a problem calling out for a real discussion.

Such a discussion is in order because of the many troubling patterns of behavior in black communities, especially poor black communities that warrant close attention. It's the relatively low priority placed on education and mastery of standard English, the apparent virtue too many of our youth attach to gangsterism, a widespread embrace of thuggishness, embodied in the so-called "cool pose" and a smug sense of entitlement to the "good life," in place of an appreciation for hard work, sacrifice and the postponement of gratification for success.
The War Within

Do you agree? Are blacks their biggest enemy using racism as an excuse for underachievement?
Hmmm... I don't think so. There's actual discrimination in this country which you might be having trouble detecting. Maybe you need to search for an optician to make you some glasses. I hear this is a good time to get 2-for-1 specials in eyeglasses.

However, on a related topic, I think you'll find this fascinating:

Not long ago I bumped into a thread started and frequented by white males, in which the white males were accusing white women of keeping them (white males) down, discriminating against them (white males), keeping them (white males) from good jobs, taking their (white males') money, denying them (white males) their own children, getting rich off them (white males), and just treating white males like 2nd class citizens.

In case you're wondering, I'm white and female.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Haha...this is hilarious. Now black people don't have souls.
Tell me, are black people even people?
I'm black. I have a soul. Speaking from some experience here.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:25 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
The devil is a master manipulator and a cunning liar.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies