Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 02:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I was just considering starting a thread on this very phenomenon.

Lately there has been several threads created by liberals about President Bush and President Clinton.

Apparently they think that one, or both of those individuals are still the president.

The only logical reason to do that is to keep attention off of President Obama and his FAILED policies and DISASTROUS administration.
I believe you have taken them down with this one but they won't realize it.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Once again, they died of smoke inhalation trying to find their way out of a burning building. Others successfully got out. Four didn't make it.

And the last I checked, the Obama administration isn't in charge in Libya. Our intelligence community is still working on identifying the bad guys, and our diplomatic corps will try to get the Libyan government to punish the bad guys. Diplomacy isn't a microwave dinner. It takes time. Senator McCain knows that, which is why he is using Benghazi as a political tool to advance a partisan agenda. The people who are manipulating the situation aren't really showing that they care about the four dead. I'm sure Senator McCain does care, but I think he's also willing to make political hay out of it. He can rationalize that he's not hurting the four, they are past being hurt, and he can rationalize that his agenda is important to the future of the country. But those are just rationalizations that excuse using the deaths of four Americans to advance a political agenda.
Can you tell me the names of any of those who survived that thing? Maybe you can show me some of the replies by them to the FBI when they questioned them? Of course, you can't do that but the administration refuses to tell the Senate committee any of that also. Somebody needs to know that information outside the Obama government since they aren't trying to do anything about it.

It is time to forget the partisan part of this thing and start looking out for the rest of us and allowing all that stonewalling isn't getting us anywhere.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:49 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many of your attacks are being covered up by the Obama administration? Did he promise to find the bad guys for any of them? If you can't answer those questions I would say you have wasted enough band width with your deflection attempts.
Not sure what cover up attempt you're talking about... an embassy attack unfortunately happened, as it has since the 1950s. Hope it doesn't happen again, but it surely will. It's a risky business we're in.

Yes, Obama promised to find the bad guys, but guess what - they don't go around with "HELLO, MY NAME IS TERRORIST <NAME HERE>" stickers. It may take a while to trace the path and track down those involved with it. Bush never found Osama despite four years...why do you expect this to be resolved in four months?

I don't see people "not caring about four Americans who died." What I do see, though, are conservatives who are desperately trying to make this into some cudgel for political gain.

**** happens.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:51 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
How many of your attacks are being covered up by the Obama administration? Did he promise to find the bad guys for any of them? If you can't answer those questions I would say you have wasted enough band width with your deflection attempts.
Do you give law enforcement time to find the bad guys in the United States? Do you think it might take American intelligence longer in a foreign country where the government was recently overthrown and the society itself is in upheaval? Do you think the American government should just send US soldiers in and take over the investigation? What do you think the Libyan response to such an action would be? What do you think the Egyptian response would be? The Iranian response? Do you think any of the anti-Israeli governments in the area might lash out at the Iranians? Do you think Ambassador Stevens would want World War III started over him, because Republicans decided to use his death to advance their own agenda?

Old 02-18-2013, 03:16 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times
Quote:
Sorry for misleading you on the Glorious Leader part. He does seem to be that to you of the left lean but sure not to me.
No actually, you'd be incorrect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies