Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:20 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Why should they cover preexisting conditions? For one reason, everyone either is sick now, was sick in the past, or will be sick in the future. This idea that most people don't get sick, so why cover those who are, or were, is a dishonest.
Most people will pay far more into their insurance than the insurance will pay out. It's an odds game. Certain conditions increase the liklihood of having to pay out and pay out big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
sure... a public option

so the taxpayer gets screwed again
You should be used to it by now....Now be a good tax payer and bend over....

The other option is charities to take care of such cases. Either way, someone else is paying the bill or they're not being treated.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:22 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I hope you never have a condition that requires you to get blood tests every few months, take medication on a regular basis to control it, lose your job or simply change your job, etc. Would suck for you mighty hard.
its your body...your health...your bill....

dont expect me to pay for you...I dont expect anything from anybody

Old 02-18-2013, 03:23 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
So you have no explanation for why insurance companies, in particular, should pay for these pre-existing conditions?
Uh no, I don't. However, it would seem to me that the majority of people have been sick or will be sick. That's just common sense right there.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:

I suppose you've never had a condition, right? Yes, all you conservatives are the picture of miraculous health.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:

This is why you buy insurance when you are healthy enough to pay lower rates. So you have it if you lose the odds game and need it. I don't get why people whine when they didn't take care of themselves. Insurance is cheaper when you're young. That's when you need to buy into it.

I remember my dad working two jobs to make sure we were insured. You do what you have to.

I do think there should be a catastrophic safety net though.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Uh no, I don't. However, it would seem to me that the majority of people have been sick or will be sick. That's just common sense right there.
doesnt matter

insurance is RISK MANAGEMENT

auto insurance....you get too many tickets...or too many accidents...you WONT BE COVERED...or you will pay through the nose on the COVERAGE YOU CAN FIND

homeowners insurance....you WONT GET COVERAGE..in a flood plain ...if you have too many claims...if you commit fraud

insurance has NEVER BEEN ABOUT CARE...but some people just dont understand

Old 02-18-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I don't get why people whine when they didn't take care of themselves.
You do realize there are conditions that happen that you have absolutely no control over, right? Surely someone couldn't be that thick, could they?

Quote:
I suppose you've never had a condition, right? Yes, all you conservatives are the picture of miraculous health.
yes I have had....and I either PAID IT ...or made a deal with the DOCTOR.....or was a FULL benefit of employment NEGOTIATED between me and the job

Quote:
What does that have to what insurance companies should be required to do? Why is you or I having a condition the insurance company's problem if we weren't insured by that company when we developed said problem? Why do they get the bill? Are they somehow responsible for the condition?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies