Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 08:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What do they become then?

I do have to wonder whether people who say that companies that provide health care coverage shouldn't cover pre-existing conditions know that people with pre-existing conditions do get coverage with some regularity. If one has continuous coverage and goes to a new job with a new carrier, you will be covered. There may be a waiting period, but, eventually that pre-existing condition most likely will be covered. It has really only been on the "open" market that this is a particular issue.

So. I'll ask again: what are these companies now? Are they brain-dead?
Well, according to one poster - it is no longer an insurance company if they pay for pre-existing conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Lowered their rates? Seriously? Everyone I know is paying outrageous increases in their insurance over the past couple of years, ALL BECAUSE OF THIS!

DID YOUR insurance costs go down? Mine went up almost 28% AND my benefits decreased.
The rates have been going up for the last 20 years. You never noticed? Benefits have also been decreasing for years, many years.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:33 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
A great question. Certainly a fine reason to remove insurance companies from our health care system.

As has been asked by many: Please give an example of a private health insurance company that runs with overhead as low as Medicare. Just one. Contrary to tea bagger rhetoric, government programs can be quite efficient while the single most inefficient bureaucracies on the planet are probably private health insurance companies.

Notice how right-wingers aren't anti-wasteful bureaucracies, they're just anti-public bureaucracies they have been told are wasteful.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:40 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
A great question. Certainly a fine reason to remove insurance companies from our health care system.

As has been asked by many: Please give an example of a private health insurance company that runs with overhead as low as Medicare. Just one. Contrary to tea bagger rhetoric, government programs can be quite efficient while the single most inefficient bureaucracies on the planet are probably private health insurance companies.

Notice how right-wingers aren't anti-wasteful bureaucracies, they're just anti-public bureaucracies they have been told are wasteful.
oh please

medicare/medicaid is nearly 850 billion dollars just to cover less than 60 million people

overhead...nope not much...but costs..out the wazzu

Old 02-19-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I find the above insulting and rude. Period. No further response, bub.
what do you find insulting and rude....that some one would want you to pay your own way

sorry but communism is doesnt work......

liberals push darwinism and evolution (survival of the fittest) right up till it comes to government spending other peoples money

I find all you fascist liberals to be insulting and rude

Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
what do you find insulting and rude....that some one would want you to pay your own way

sorry but communism is doesnt work......

liberals push darwinism and evolution (survival of the fittest) right up till it comes to government spending other peoples money

I find all you fascist liberals to be insulting and rude
This makes no sense.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:50 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
How old are they now? How have their health care costs been paid until now?
I will ask this again; why should an insurance company be forced to accept a client with a preexisting condition, when the existence of that condition is guaranteed to make the company lose money above & beyond what it will collect in premiums from that client?
Because it still makes a profit on many others that don't use their insurance or use a lot less that then spent on insurance.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
oh please

medicare/medicaid is nearly 850 billion dollars just to cover less than 60 million people
Can you put this second "sentence" in English?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Can you put this second "sentence" in English?
OMG do I have to spell it out for you

FEDERAL BUDGET annual cost which goes up everyyear...medicare/med1caid...over 800 billion

medicare over 530 billion....to cover 35 million seniors
medicaid over 320 billion....to cover 25 million poor

total FEDERAL spending over 850 billion...to PARTIALLY cover 60 million people.....and thats not counting what the states kick in

Old 02-19-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
OMG do I have to spell it out for you

FEDERAL BUDGET annual cost which goes up everyyear...medicare/med1caid...over 800 billion

medicare over 530 billion....to cover 35 million seniors
medicaid over 320 billion....to cover 25 million poor

total FEDERAL spending over 850 billion...to PARTIALLY cover 60 million people.....and thats not counting what the states kick in
Since we know it is not due to bureaucratic waste/overhead, why would you say it is so costly to cover people under Medicare/Medicaid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies