Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am good with that. We should just start having "poor farms" again. If folks can't support themselves, they can check into a poor house, get a roof over their head, food to eat. No more rent and section 8. no more food stamps. Just institutionalize everything. No more sending jobs over to India, to manage EBT cards...as if that is not a complete irony in and of itself...
I think it is so wrong when they send those jobs over to India because if we had those jobs here many of those who truly need assistance would be happy to take those jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 03:50 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Ask Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan what they want. They are the deciders now, they own D.C. politicians.

Its less profitable to manage a mental asylum rather than EBT cards.

Theres no profit in giving the poor a place to live, or create Dickensian workhouses. (This would mean bringing back manufacturing and jobs to the US)

The banks and corporations that run the US now would never want this. Healthcare and prevention is a loss leader for the 1%.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
As a person raised under a single mother, for the first eight years of my life, in backwoods Russia no less, I don't think single women are support, and they should indeed have support.

I am all for supporting children.
The welfare system here is messed up because these single moms often keep having babies out of wedlock and the sperm donors refuse to take responsibility. This means as a society we have to and it's not fair.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:54 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not about hate. Take your ideological blinders off and OPEN YOUR EYES!!!

It's about the absolute truth of mathematical unsustainability. Financially supporting an exponentially growing welfare-dependent class is mathematically unsustainable. They WILL eventually eclipse our country's ability to pay to support them.

What's your plan for that? You still haven't answered that question.
Lol, so you don't think it is financially sustainable to offer corporate loopholes, subsidizing employer provided health insurance, subsidizing homeownership, subsidizing state sales and payroll taxes, etc and so on.

No those things are great. It's subsidizing the healthcare for the poor elderly disabled, and children that is the problem for conservatives.

Again for conservatives poor people ARE the problem. It is who they hate. It is who they want the government to punish.

Thank you for proving my point.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:54 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The welfare system here is messed up because these single moms often keep having babies out of wedlock and the sperm donors refuse to take responsibility. This means as a society we have to and it's not fair.
Well, I don't know much about the reproductive culture of Americans, but I was an only child for 12 years, despite having a mere 16 years between my birth and my mother's.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Lol, so you don't think it is financially sustainable to offer corporate loopholes, subsidizing employer provided health insurance, subsidizing homeownership, subsidizing state sales and payroll taxes, etc and so on.

No those things are great. It's subsidizing the healthcare for the poor elderly disabled, and children that is the problem for conservatives.

Again for conservatives poor people ARE the problem. It is who they hate. It is who they want the government to punish.

Thank you for proving my point.
As a disabled person who volunteers for the disabled, I think people in general neglect us disabled people...

Old 02-23-2013, 03:57 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
If we stop all welfare programs, where is the lady, who has the BMW in the parking lot and a wad full of cash, going to do for food, without food stamps?

Old 02-23-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
If we stop all welfare programs, where is the lady, who has the BMW in the parking lot and a wad full of cash, going to do for food, without food stamps?
Hmm...

...What year is the BMW?

As for food...

...Remember the time when we had community gardens and such to help with the war effort?

Old 02-23-2013, 04:11 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Hmm...

...What year is the BMW?

As for food...

...Remember the time when we had community gardens and such to help with the war effort?
2008 BMW 760Li.... MSRP Range:$124,100|

Fuel Economy:13 MPG city / 20 MPG highway

Transmissions:6 Speed Semi-Automatic

Drivetrains:Rear Wheel Drive

Old 02-23-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
2008 BMW 760Li.... MSRP Range:$124,100|

Fuel Economy:13 MPG city / 20 MPG highway

Transmissions:6 Speed Semi-Automatic

Drivetrains:Rear Wheel Drive
Guess the economy is hitting us all, including the wealthy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies