Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Just another then juvenile ignorant insult.

It has been proven that conservative give FAR MORE to charities then liberals.

You don't know what you are talking about.

If YOU are so compassionate, how much do YOU send to charities?

Our gov't is broke and spends billions on welfare. Do YOU send the IRS and extra check every year to help out?

Or do you just like to whine about others?

I always say, HowTF much do people expect someone earning minimum wage to give to charity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 04:48 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Ask a black woman and see what she tells you.
Well i'd say the same about white women. So makes no difference. Like I said, same result.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:50 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Well i'd say the same about white women. So makes no difference. Like I said, same result.
Then you clearly need to analyze what you say before it pops out of your mouth. Don't go around embarrassing yourself that way.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Then you clearly need to analyze what you say before it pops out of your mouth. Don't go around embarrassing yourself that way.
Im not embarrassed at all and stand by what I said.
After some of the things you've said, you should practice what you preach.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:33 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,156,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Just another then juvenile ignorant insult.

It has been proven that conservative give FAR MORE to charities then liberals.

You don't know what you are talking about.

If YOU are so compassionate, how much do YOU send to charities?

Our gov't is broke and spends billions on welfare. Do YOU send the IRS and extra check every year to help out?

Or do you just like to whine about others?

What good does private charity do? Let's say a church of 100 has 10% of its members disabled, mostly from cancer. Do you think the other 90% are going to cover their expenses? How about those who don't attend, is that same church going to reach out and support them also, treatment and living expenses? Is pastor going to give up his yearly new SUV?

All the private charities in this entire country couldn't pay the medical bills and housing for the cancer patients alone, not to speak of the countless other disabling conditions.

It's a lot more beneficial for society to have liberals working to establish assured govt care for the disabled and jobless, than for conservatives to stuff the envelope at church.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:28 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
What good does private charity do? Let's say a church of 100 has 10% of its members disabled, mostly from cancer. Do you think the other 90% are going to cover their expenses? How about those who don't attend, is that same church going to reach out and support them also, treatment and living expenses? Is pastor going to give up his yearly new SUV?

All the private charities in this entire country couldn't pay the medical bills and housing for the cancer patients alone, not to speak of the countless other disabling conditions.

It's a lot more beneficial for society to have liberals working to establish assured govt care for the disabled and jobless, than for conservatives to stuff the envelope at church.
Good post.

Charity is useless, and right wingnuts know this perfectly well. I call them on it all the time. They twist themselves into a pretzel when I do. The religious should be embarrassed to be suggesting that charity (which basically means whatever the f any religious person feels like giving, even if it's only 5 cents), will help the needs out there. Zero consistent help, zero sufficient help, zero, zero, zero.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Good post.

Charity is useless, and right wingnuts know this perfectly well. I call them on it all the time. They twist themselves into a pretzel when I do. The religious should be embarrassed to be suggesting that charity (which basically means whatever the f any religious person feels like giving, even if it's only 5 cents), will help the needs out there. Zero consistent help, zero sufficient help, zero, zero, zero.
Alright i'll bite.

Charity does work. It works very well.

What happens when you raise taxes? You have less to give.
You also want to give less because you know your taxes are already going to 'charity'(welfare).

The rich and corporations donate A LOT.
Why? Because its a "tax loophole". The more they donate, the less taxes they pay.

Funny how all these celebrities ask you to donate $10 though when they can easily afford to pay what it would take 20,000 people to donate though.

But heres a example for you guys.

You have a candy jar. Every week a friend comes over that helps themselves. Starts out little. Fine. Over time, they end up filling their pockets and emptying the jar every time.
Do you keep filling it at your expense or start thinking screw it and buy candy when you want it?

Most would pick the latter.

Same like a coworker wanting to bum s cigarette or borrow money. At first it's like, cool. But when it becomes a common occurrence it becomes annoying. You know the person earns a paycheck....

It really is the same thing with charity/welfare.

I would love to not be able to pay Social Security but instead pay that into my own retirement(401k or IRA).

Not pay into Medicare/Obamacare and get my own health insurance.

Pay $100 dollars a month less Federal taxes and donate it to a charity/food bank/drug and alcohol rehabilitation center etc..

Old 03-02-2013, 12:11 AM

225 posts, read 344,434 times
I put $$$ into the Federal Government for 40+ years, and now I'm disabled and live on less than $1,150 / MONTH. $600 of that is rent. (I used to earn $30k /year, which was STILL lower income).

According to my state demographics, a single person here must earn $15+ /hr to live at the poverty level. I make $33 PER DAY.

I get $100 in food stamps.

I have Medicare for health insurance. Medicare pays 80%. Medicare does not cover Any Dental or Eyeglasses. Personal hygiene and medical products are not paid for; there is still a deductible. I pay for electric heat. I had to give up my car because I couldn't afford it. Handicapped transportation costs $$. An average taxi ride anywhere w/in 3 miles costs $20 rt.

Where, exactly, would you like me to go or do <B>to make you happy?</B>

Old 03-02-2013, 12:35 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,256,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp-D-Derp View Post
I put $$$ into the Federal Government for 40+ years, and now I'm disabled and live on less than $1,150 / MONTH. $600 of that is rent. (I used to earn $30k /year, which was STILL lower income).

According to my state demographics, a single person here must earn $15+ /hr to live at the poverty level. I make $33 PER DAY.

I get $100 in food stamps.

I have Medicare for health insurance. Medicare pays 80%. Medicare does not cover Any Dental or Eyeglasses. Personal hygiene and medical products are not paid for; there is still a deductible. I pay for electric heat. I had to give up my car because I couldn't afford it. Handicapped transportation costs $$. An average taxi ride anywhere w/in 3 miles costs $20 rt.

Where, exactly, would you like me to go or do <B>to make you happy?</B>
It's my understanding from the argument that:

It's your fault you're poor.
You should have planned ahead.
You can still work you are just lazy.
It's your fault you are poor.
Your family can take care of you.
Local charities can provide for you.
It's your fault you are disabled.

.................................................. .......
Did I get that right? Is that how you are supposed to hate poor people?

.................................................. .......
Sorry about your situation. That sucks.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:34 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,745,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I'm curious ...... do you think people can just sign up for some sort of welfare, without any requirements, just because they don't feel like working? Do you think you could get food stamps or whatever just by asking for it and filling out an application?
You just pop out babies and head to the Welfare Office...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies