Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 04:49 PM

51 posts, read 32,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It was these same people that forced the government to abandon and vote against the first bail out program under Bush.
I dont think that is correct. I bet most never protested one day before Obama took office if you ask them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 04:55 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Liberals have been claiming that the Tea Party is or was dead every day since the day they heard the name Tea Party. Don't play dumb, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Even here on CD there are quite a few people who openly claim that the Tea Party is dead... do you agree with that or do you feel that the Tea Party does indeed hold some significant power?
You're using substance on someone whose post lack substance. Is it any wonder for the OPs confusion?

Old 02-21-2013, 04:58 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollandUSA View Post
I dont think that is correct. I bet most never protested one day before Obama took office if you ask them.
December 2007 is before Obama took office

Old 02-21-2013, 05:05 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Your thoughts are pretty worthless. What you said does absolutely nothing to address what I said. The Tea Party campaigned and helped end the careers of more than one (R) also.

'Tea party' group behind defeat of GOP Senate incumbent in Alaska

'Tea party' group behind defeat of GOP Senate incumbent in Alaska - Los Angeles Times

Tea party wins victory in Utah as incumbent GOP senator loses bid for nomination

Tea party wins victory in Utah as incumbent GOP senator loses bid for nomination

Bennett was the big one. He was defeated because he sat on the banking commission that turned a blind eye to all the corruption.

Tea party upstart Mourdock defeats longtime Indiana Sen. Lugar

Tea party upstart Richard Mourdock defeats longtime Indiana Sen. Lugar - Los Angeles Times

As far as before Obama took office.

USA Today asks if the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP), which helped give rise to the Tea Party, .....

The American Spectator : The Spectacle Blog : TARP Has Lost Its Sting?

Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Now, defend this... I mean really. Tea Party = American Talibans???
Here you go :

The Newsroom - American Taliban Speech - YouTube

Old 02-21-2013, 10:29 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,825 times
Quote:
I still do not know what purpose the tea party serves now that Obama is reelected?
Why not?

The Tea Party is just a libertarian wing of the Republican party.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:39 AM

51 posts, read 32,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Your thoughts are pretty worthless. What you said does absolutely nothing to address what I said. The Tea Party campaigned and helped end the careers of more than one (R) also.

'Tea party' group behind defeat of GOP Senate incumbent in Alaska

'Tea party' group behind defeat of GOP Senate incumbent in Alaska - Los Angeles Times

Bennett was the big one. He was defeated because he sat on the banking commission that turned a blind eye to all the corruption.

Tea party upstart Mourdock defeats longtime Indiana Sen. Lugar

Tea party upstart Richard Mourdock defeats longtime Indiana Sen. Lugar - Los Angeles Times

As far as before Obama took office.

USA Today asks if the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP), which helped give rise to the Tea Party, .....

The American Spectator : The Spectacle Blog : TARP Has Lost Its Sting?
Well I guess time will tell. I doubt the tea party will get that involved after Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies