Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Biden shoots off his mouth then thinks, or does not think. A shot gun unless using a slug will not go more than 50 yds and do any damage. But to just dump off a few rounds does two things, One is now as a bad buy I know your stupid double barrel is empty and it will take you several seconds if you know what your doing to reload it, giving me the perfect opportunity to take it bash you over the head with it. Or just take my gun and put one in your head. The other thing it does is tell me as a bad guy just where you are. Biden is dumber then dirt on this issue.

You act as if you are doing battle against rationale assassins or something, shot counting Bourne identity types. There is your falsehood. Your lying to yourself

1) Firing off any shot showing you are armed, and ready to fire, will deter most criminals.

2) If your going up against Jason Bourne shot counting assassin, your dead anyway.

We should also keep in mind the probability of using a gun to stop an intruder (or scare them) is far lower than the probability of that gun being used on a family member or self by accident or intent.

Biden is dumber than dirt on one thing, self defense with a gun makes 0 sense unless you live in the Ghetto of Baltimore (or Camden or DC).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
As much as I dislike agreeing with Biden, I do agree with the thought of a shotgun for home defense.
However, my choice would be a Mossberg Model 500 pump gun, with 18.5 inch barrel and without the sports plug in the magazine tube (this would be a real shock to the guy who is expecting the gun to be empty after 2 shots!). Oh, and the shot size would be anywhere from #4 buck to 00 buck.
BUT, I must strongly disagree with his idea of firing warning shots. I, too, live in the country. My neighbor shoots at the geese flying over, and my sons and I shoot in the backyard quit often. It is perfectly legal. However, if I find it necessary or desirable to defend myself and my home from an unwanted invader, said invader will be IN the house, there will be no warning, I will fire the first shot at the center of mass, and there will be an evidence trail (blood trail) from the interior of the house to the outside (if the perp moves at all).
Generally, if you have time to fire a warning shot, you must not truly be in fear for your life, and self defense is not a viable defense. As repeatedly stated, a warning shot outside the house could be considered simple assault, and could land Biden's wife in jail! (Of course, he is one of the "impo'tent" folks, so it is likely no charges would be filed, the incident would simply be hushed up!)
The bottom line is, IF you feel the need for home defense, get a weapon YOU are comfortable with, and be prepared to use it. You MUST be prepared to take a life, or you might as well not have the weapon! NEVER shoot to warn or wound, that could open up another can of worms you don't want to deal with!
Remember, "When seconds count, help is only minutes (sometimes hours) away!"
For me and my neighbors, "help" would likely be half an hour to an hour.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Don't admit you fired a warning shot. Say you aimed but missed.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Judging from your post (pun intended) you don't have a clue about firearms. It's better to keep quiet, than to make a fool out of yourself
Pot calling the kettle black.

I'll put MY knowledge against yours any day.

2 tours in Viet Nam, avid hunter for 40 years. what are your credentials?

You shouldn't say things about people you know nothing about. It makes you look like a fool.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:02 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Nice job twisting what Biden said to fit your radical right wing agenda.

Your partisanship is showing,....
You are the one twisting the words....He said to fire warning shots from the balcony....that is illegal where I live....You left wingnutcases have been brain washed for to many years.... You are all lost causes and the sooner you all die off the better!!!! You all need to go the way of the dinosaur..

Old 02-20-2013, 09:09 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
What Biden said is that you don't need an AR15 for home defense, and that a shotgun is a much better option (which he is correct)

He stated he hold his wife that if anything suspicious was going on around their home, to fire warning shots off the balcony to scare the intruder away.

Biden's home is in the sticks which is legal to fire on your own property. Biden was not telling everyone to do this.
It's typical of Biden to be a blow hard. First of all he has tax paid for body guards. He nor his wife will ever need to personally defend themselves ever.

Everything he does is always a pipe dream since as Obama says Someone else does everything for them.

Firing 2 warning shots from a gun that holds 2 shells is plain stupid, since that rendered the gun into a club.
But over the years since the 1994 Assault Weapons ban I have learned to accept Joe for the fool he is.

Joe is in no position to decide what anyone but Joe should do or have ever...

Al, we can hope for is that when Joe does come to his last day on Earth, that he can be interred in Delaware Military Fashion at the land fill.

But it's nice he thinks so kindly of the bad guys and only would scare them away, with the 2 shots since his tax paid for body guards would rip them top bits with FULL AUTO fire power.

IDIOTS like Joe are not born every day thankfully.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
You are the one twisting the words....He said to fire warning shots from the balcony....that is illegal where I live....You left wingnutcases have been brain washed for to many years.... You are all lost causes and the sooner you all die off the better!!!! You all need to go the way of the dinosaur..
Could you please provide a link that shows where Biden told everyone to fire warning shots off their balconies in the event of a home invasion?

With all your over the top hate and partisanship, I'd hate to think you are just making crap up,.....

Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
I am getting the point, you are making up a bunch of nonsense in a desperate attempt to trash biden.

A warning shot isn't trying to hit anyone, that has nothing to do with range.
LOL Oh well Biden doesn't need any help trashing himself. He is plenty good at that all by himself..
Like I said Idiots like him are not made every day.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:28 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
"Biden's home is in the sticks which is legal to fire on your own property. Biden was not telling everyone to do this."

The law is not as logical as you might think and if you rely on logic and not the law you will be in trouble.

I live in a rural area and can discharge a firearm. that has nothing to do with the firing a warning shot during a breakin or robbery.......Had a breakin and in the aftermath spoke to a NJ state trooper who investigated. I asked him about firing a shot to scare off intruders and he warmed me it would result in an assault charge.

I imagine with the trend in lawsuits by criminals against victims that mistake could be financially disasterous.
Looking at the layout of Biden's house, I don't think he is in as much "sticks" as he alludes.
Vice President Joe Biden's residence, Greenville, DE

There are some houses pretty close.

Let's also look at what he said in contrast to what many dem politicians and other anti gunners say.

Guns should be locked up in a safe place so children cannot have easy access.

Guns should never be loaded in a house.

ALL guns AND ammo should be kept separate and locked separately.

Keep in mind intruders usually come in daylight, so the chances are very slim she would see them coming and be able to "fire a warning shot over the balcony".

So let's say Biden's grand kids come over to visit his wife while he is in D.C.

It is 2 AM, she hears an intruder. How long is it going to take for here to find the keys, unlock where the gun is. unlock the ammo, take the ammo out of it's box, break open the double barreled shotgun (which is a very heavy and awkward weapon), load the gun and snap the gun shut, all in the dark and while worrying about the grand kids, making sure they are in a safe place?

It is easy for people to make statements without thinking things through.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:43 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
My wife can handle the lighter AR much better than any shotgun.

Until crazy Uncle Joe and the rest of the idiots in DC come and live with me and my family for a while, they can stop telling me what is best for me. That includes home defense, what car I should drive, what my health insurance policy should look like, etc. There are more than 300M people in this country. No single person or even a majority of 535 people who what is best for the INDIVIDUALS in this country.
Whatever works for you man. No need to get angry and insult people. If you prefer AR over a shotgun, then that's your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies