Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 06:17 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times

Advertisements

Just saw a clip of Biden giving advice on self protection. He said to get a 12 gauge doubler barrel shotgun and when an intruder is discoverd lurking go to the 'balcony' and fire two warning shots to ensure the intruder will never return.

Well JB just gave advice contrary to law enforcement's perspective .

If you fire a gun to scare or warn an intruder or robber you will be arrested for some degree of assault.

In NJ if you have an assault on your record you cannot buy a firearm and would have the guns you already own, confiscated by the cops.

Point is the guy in charge of finding a 'solution' to reduce firearm deaths has no clue as to the laws on the books that govern firearm usage.

A trend here that does not engender confidence as a tax cheat gets to be the head of the IRS and a fumbling out of touch lawyer is picked to guide new firearm legislation.

It is difficult to differentiate if our national problems are the result of incompetence or intent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 06:22 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
What Biden said is that you don't need an AR15 for home defense, and that a shotgun is a much better option (which he is correct)

He stated he hold his wife that if anything suspicious was going on around their home, to fire warning shots off the balcony to scare the intruder away.

Biden's home is in the sticks which is legal to fire on your own property. Biden was not telling everyone to do this.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 AM

651 posts, read 705,008 times
Biden shoots off his mouth then thinks, or does not think. A shot gun unless using a slug will not go more than 50 yds and do any damage. But to just dump off a few rounds does two things, One is now as a bad buy I know your stupid double barrel is empty and it will take you several seconds if you know what your doing to reload it, giving me the perfect opportunity to take it bash you over the head with it. Or just take my gun and put one in your head. The other thing it does is tell me as a bad guy just where you are. Biden is dumber then dirt on this issue.

The NRA teaches people who own guns first off if you think someone is outside, you get your gun make sure all your doors are locked if you can, if you think they may be in the home or starting to come it, then retreat to a safe place. I.E. Upstairs bedroom, bathroom somewhere you can defend, next get behind something, cover is different than concealment. Take cover make yourself as small a target as you can and still be able to shoot back. Lock the door and let them know your armed and will shoot. Call the police and then wait. If anyone comes through that door be ready to dump them and don't quit shooting till they are not moving . And tell the police your armed and locked in what ever room. That way if the perp has gone the cops don't come up to your door with you pointing a gun at them. Don't come out just because someone says they are the police, call the police station and ask them to tell the police on the scene what their name is and ask before coming out. Unless you can see the pull up ect.

Now contrast this NRA advice with Bidens shoot up in the air like some third world Arab who is celebrating the towers coming down. What a rube he is.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
What Biden said is that you don't need an AR15 for home defense, and that a shotgun is a much better option (which he is correct)

He stated he hold his wife that if anything suspicious was going on around their home, to fire warning shots off the balcony to scare the intruder away.

Biden's home is in the sticks which is legal to fire on your own property. Biden was not telling everyone to do this.
Not the brightest bulb are we. See my above post. If I were you I would not get a gun because you don't understand the first thing about them or their use. You may as well get a Jet liner for all you seem to comprehend.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Not the brightest bulb are we. See my above post. If I were you I would not get a gun because you don't understand the first thing about them or their use. You may as well get a Jet liner for all you seem to comprehend.
You have 50+ yard long hallways? Must be quite a mansion!

Now back into reality, it's well known that shotguns are the most effective home defense weapons. Most people in a home defense situation will be at a maximum length of 20-30 feet, though in most cases much closer, where a shotgun is devastating.

Every major shotgun manufacture has their own line of specialty "home defense" shotguns. Mossberg even teamed up with thunder ranch, one of the top defense training centers in the nation to craft their own specialty home defense shotgun.

There is a flickering bulb around here, and it sure isn't me,...

Last edited by TempesT68; 02-20-2013 at 06:43 AM..

Old 02-20-2013, 06:42 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Quote:

Biden advocated firing indiscriminately into the air as a warning, which is very illegal and could hit an innocent bystander.

Either hold him to his words and stand by your beliefs or be a hypocrite....
[/b]

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-20-2013 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 02-20-2013, 06:46 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Just saw a clip of Biden giving advice on self protection. He said to get a 12 gauge doubler barrel shotgun and when an intruder is discoverd lurking go to the 'balcony' and fire two warning shots to ensure the intruder will never return.

Well JB just gave advice contrary to law enforcement's perspective .

If you fire a gun to scare or warn an intruder or robber you will be arrested for some degree of assault.

In NJ if you have an assault on your record you cannot buy a firearm and would have the guns you already own, confiscated by the cops.

Point is the guy in charge of finding a 'solution' to reduce firearm deaths has no clue as to the laws on the books that govern firearm usage.

A trend here that does not engender confidence as a tax cheat gets to be the head of the IRS and a fumbling out of touch lawyer is picked to guide new firearm legislation.

It is difficult to differentiate if our national problems are the result of incompetence or intent.
Biden, conveniently ignoring the fact that our 2nd amendment was not meant to protect us from intruders. I hardly think our government would back off if a shotgun was fired off over their heads.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
You have 50+ yard long hallways? Must be quite a mansion!

Now back into reality, it's well known that shotguns are the most effective home defense weapons. Most people in a home defense situation will be at a maximum length of 20-30 feet, though in most cases much closer, where a shotgun is devastating.

Every major shotgun manufacture has their own line of specialty "home defense" shotguns. Mossberg even teamed up with thunder ranch, one of the top defense training centers in the nation to craft their own specialty home defense shotgun.

There is a flickering bulb around here, and it sure isn't me,...
No I am sure its you. You just cant seem to get the point. When Biden the idiot said to shoot off your deck, a shot gun has a range of about 50 yards. Never said in the house super genius. Is a shot gun a good gun for defense, sure, but so is my Glock and it does not have an 18 or longer bbl to swing around. But Glocks are on your next go round to ban.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:50 AM

Not to mention that the next time someone used a pump shot gun in a school yard Teapot would be calling for banning shot guns because it made her leg tingle. If its a tingle your after tempstteapot then I am sure the adult store down the road has some nice things for you.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:51 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Many would agree with Biden that a shotgun is best for home defence, and of course some prefer a handgun or something else. The warning shot advice would have to be in line with the State laws. In Florida, you cannot shoot warning shots, because it is not considered self defence. Firing a warning shot here can land you in prison for 15 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies