Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Especially had the perpetrator been Black.................
If the shooter had been black people on this board would have called him thug, dissected every aspect of what they call "black culture". If most of the victims were black, you would have a few people here call them "hoodrats", even if it was a middle class black school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 PM

910 posts, read 1,318,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There would be a conversation, but I don't know that it would be about guns.
The multiple threads here touting RAHOWA and tut-tutting the dusky hordes would be interesting to say the least. And by interesting I mean the same endless septic flow of claptrap from the usual retirees, flatus-sniffers, and cranks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
If the shooter had been black people on this board would have called him thug, dissected every aspect of what they call "black culture". If most of the victims were black, you would have a few people here call them "hoodrats", even if it was a middle class black school.
Don't forget the 20 threads asking why blacks have such a horrible school shooting problem.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:28 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
If it has been a white shooter in a black school this country would fall into pieces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
I'm spotting alot of big "Ifs" in this thread.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:29 PM

361 posts, read 272,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I'm spotting alot of big "Ifs" in this thread.
The whole thread is based on an if

Old 02-21-2013, 01:44 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There would be a conversation, but I don't know that it would be about guns.
I agree. I also do not think the conversation would be as widespread as it is and there wouldn't be near the outrage. I would even question if it made headline news.

Chicago had 400+ killed in one year. Most were black persons killed. Not headline news. Oakland had 130 killed last year. Most were black. Not headline news. I could go on.

Ever notice when missing persons come up, white women are always on the news? Black women very rarely make the cut. There is even a "Missing White Woman Syndrome" about it.

Missing white woman syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The news media IS racist, however so is the general public. Be it through covert or overt ways. People, in general, are racist.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:45 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
100% right too

Old 02-21-2013, 01:49 PM

361 posts, read 272,727 times
If it was black kids white shooter, the racial implications would be to much for this country to handle

Old 02-21-2013, 03:33 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
I really hate to agree with that birdbrained Touré but I think he's right this one time. All the shootings going on in Chicago for the past several years have been virtually ignored by the media. Why? Probably because all of the shooters and victims have been black. When was the last time a black kid walked into his school and shot dozens of fellow black students dead? If Lanza had killed more black students than white what kind of national conversation would we have instead?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:36 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I happen to agree with MSNBC on this one. 26 dead white people = national conversation on gun control.

Thousands of dead hood rats since the expiration of the assualt weapons ban? Not a peep.

Hell, this President was forced by the hypocrisy of it all to finally go to Chicago last week and address the fact that dead black men, women, and children just don't seem to matter to Democrats. His speech was a complete and total flop to those who understand that Barack Obama's modus operandi is fueled by nothing more than pandering and political theater.
The situations aren't comparable. There have been thousands of dead white people also without a national conversation on gun control. One person getting shot per week for a year does not have the same impact as 52 people being shot in one week.

The motivating factor was that this was multiple dead children all happening at once. It had zero to do with race.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:24 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
I question the validity of the sandy hook story, we didn't see the kids, the ambulance blocked the intersection, we didnt see the staff and adults outside of the building just a manufactured chaotic scene, and of course had this been a black school the media would've covered it for at the most a week and a half, Obama wouldn't have shed an actors tear for black students. To many people by into the media's soap opera without discerning truth from reality.
Really?

Are you talking about this ambulance?

28 dead in mass shooting in Newtown - NewsTimes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies