Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 03:34 PM

990 posts, read 938,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
please explain why many atheists are against gay marriage?
They aren't. There's not even a shred of evidence that says that Atheists are anything but overwhelming in their support for Gay Marriage.

Have you ever actually posted a fact? Support your wild claims with SOME kind of evidence...anything really. If you search online, there are no studies or facts which show any real atheist support for the anti-gay bigotry you love to spew.

I bet you'd be hard-pressed to find even a dozen atheists in this country who are actually against Gay marriage (without being completely anti-marriage). There are no arguments against gay marriage that are not based in either bigotry or in primitive religious superstitions like yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 05:29 PM

811 posts, read 1,053,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
How can anyone be a social conservative?
It's very easy to be one. You see, you can't be brainwashed from reality.

Quote:
How can you believe that dinosaurs and humans existed at the same time?
Do you believe that they lived at another time? If so, why? Who told you so, and why do they believe so?

There are dragon legends that go back thousands of years. The word dinosaur was not coined until the 1800s. Cave drawings, legends, and stories talk of "dragons". Dinosaur bones have been found that have contained blood vessels (soft tissue). If something is billions of years old, there is no way that such material would be found.

The idea that the Earth is billions of years old is an evolutionary belief, often based on a reason of doing nothing more than trying to disprove God. You see, evolution only makes sense with a lot of people, despite a lack of evidence, if someone claims that it took place over millions and billions of years. Others ignorantly believe that the Earth is billions of years old because they in a flawed manner believe that layers of sediment are laid down uniformly (at a consistent, steady rate). They then count the layers and claim that whatever fossils are found in it must be of whatever age the layers were found in. However, true observational science shows that sedimentary layers can be deposited fairly quickly during power weather events.

The Genesis flood was powerful enough to account for all the sedimentary layers being laid down consisting of vast numbers of dinosaur fossils. It was also powerful enough to have resulted in an ice age that killed off the rest of the dinosaurs (after animals will have disembarked from the ark and repopulated).

Dinosaurs are the dragons of old. They lived during a time when people also lived.

Quote:
How can you be against a woman having the right to her own body?
It's an unborn child's life. What do you not get? Do you think that babies should be murdered?

Quote:
How can you be against a woman having the right to her own body in the case of rape or incest?
Having an abortion is much more traumatic than giving birth to a baby conceived during an act of rape or incest. By the way, the baby is still a baby. It still has a right to life, don't you think? Do you believe that it is okay to kill a human being only because of the events surrounding it coming into this world? I don't.

There's adoption. Many couples desire children. Nine months isn't a long time to wait to carry a child.

Quote:
How can you be against two people who love each other getting married like the rest of us?
I take it that you're referring to homosexuals? Homosexual marriage is an abomination, as are the acts themselves, as noted by God. Marriage is an ordained institution by God between a man and a woman. Hence, homosexuals can't get married.

Why do you really want homosexuals to have marriage status? Is not something that is supposed to be kept sacred worthy of being kept sacred?

Quote:
How can you say you want government out of our lives, but believe these things?
The first question about the dinosaurs has nothing to do with the government. The rest have to do commands by God. What's not to get?

By the way, never in the past have homosexuals been allowed to "marry". Abortion was illegal before 1973, and it should still be illegal. It's nothing more than sanctioned murder.

Quote:
If this country had any brains (which it doesn't) it would be libertarian.
Libertarianism wouldn't work at the national level. There has to be a set of moral values, otherwise the country ultimately suffers decay. Admittedly, not as fast as what occurs under so-called "progressive"/leftist policies, but it decays regardless.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:20 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,459,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
They aren't. There's not even a shred of evidence that says that Atheists are anything but overwhelming in their support for Gay Marriage.

Have you ever actually posted a fact? Support your wild claims with SOME kind of evidence...anything really. If you search online, there are no studies or facts which show any real atheist support for the anti-gay bigotry you love to spew.

I bet you'd be hard-pressed to find even a dozen atheists in this country who are actually against Gay marriage (without being completely anti-marriage). There are no arguments against gay marriage that are not based in either bigotry or in primitive religious superstitions like yours.
So you can say "there are no arguments against gay marriage that are not based in either bigotry or primitive religious superstitions"?

But to someone else you say "Support your wild claims with SOME kind of evidence...anything really."

Pot Kettle

Old 03-05-2013, 06:48 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,476,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
How can anyone be a social conservative?

How can you believe that dinosaurs and humans existed at the same time?

bit.ly/Vt6plT

How can you be against a woman having the right to her own body?

How can you be against a woman having the right to her own body in the case of rape or incest?

How can you be against two people who love each other getting married like the rest of us?

How can you say you want government out of our lives, but believe these things?

If this country had any brains (which it doesn't) it would be libertarian.
1. I believe the world is billions of years old
2. I don't think it's wrong for someone to have moral qualms about abortion. In fact, if a pro-choice person has no ethical qualms about the practice, that's alarming.
3. Tough issue, haven't sorted it out yet. Again, abortion is an ethically complicated question
4. Don't care about gay marriage. Doesn't affect my sexual orientation, so who cares?

Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,554,409 times
Quote:

please go to Brighton Beach.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:55 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,459,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I don't consider a fetus a person.
So you oppose the laws that make killing a pregnant woman into two crimes instead of one?

Quote:
But since you seem to, how do you ensure every pregnant woman gives birth? Do you charge a woman not eating properly, drinking, smoking, or doing drugs with child endangerment? Will all miscarriages be investigated to ensure no foul play was involved? If I slip and fall and miscarry, will I be charged with negligence, or homicide? How will you even know when a woman is pregnant? If you are found to have had an abortion do you go to prison? If I am raped can I have an
abortion? If I might die can I get an abortion?
First, I consider you a person, but I have no responsibility to ensure that you do anything in particular. So how I would ensure that you did something simply isn't an issue. The idea that we cannot consider the fetus a person if we cannot anticipate and control anything harmful which might happen to the fetus is not valid.

Second, we cannot be sure that people are not abusing drugs since drugs metabolize and disappear from any tests. So therefore we cannot make any drug illegal? That's valid?

Third, none of what you've said is a justification for stripping away someone's personhood.

Because that's what your argument boils down to at its core. It sure is complicated to consider a fetus a person, so let's just not do it. How about "it should be easier if we just stripped away the civil rights of people with problems walking since we can't ensure they have equal access to everywhere a walking person does" No, we pass the Americans with Disabilities Act and we do the best we can.

If you want to argue that the fetus isn't a person, then you need to argue that the fetus isn't a person. You have to produce a definition for what a person is, and then apply it consistently. It would be more convenient for it not to be a person is not a valid reason for it not to be a person. It either is or it isn't due to its nature not due to how inconvenient the ramifications are. We don't declare inconvenient people to not be people and kill them.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:20 PM

811 posts, read 1,053,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saritaschihuahua View Post
the cells they remove from the nose when they do a nose job are also alive. What's your point?
epic fail

Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,705,912 times
Quote:

This atheist says that there are no arguments FOR the stark-raving madness that is "gay" marriage that aren't founded in the brainwashing and strait-jacketing of an entire generation of youth.

Supporting the concept of the marriage relationship between a man and a woman, as it was intended and has always been....until the progressives stampeded the world's bleeding heart moms into an alternate reality....wherein they agreed to lobotomize the next generation in the social engineering plants formerly called schools....has nothing to do with religion in my book.

I have no more use for religion than you do. Doesn't mean my mind is your or anyone else's pallet. Ironically, being very easily led is what makes PC progressives and the devoutly religious folks the same.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:53 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,727,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
This atheist says that there are no arguments FOR the stark-raving madness that is "gay" marriage that aren't founded in the brainwashing and strait-jacketing of an entire generation of youth.

Supporting the concept of the marriage relationship between a man and a woman, as it was intended and has always been....until the progressives stampeded the world's bleeding heart moms into an alternate reality....wherein they agreed to lobotomize the next generation in the social engineering plants formerly called schools....has nothing to do with religion in my book.

I have no more use for religion than you do. Doesn't mean my mind is your or anyone else's pallet. Ironically, being very easily led is what makes PC progressives and the devoutly religious folks the same.
Doesn't matter what era it is, for you right wingers time standing still is the best of all possible outcomes. The advent of any inclusive change is terrifying to you people. Why is that? Are you people overly-anxious? Do you suffer from PTSD? I don't get it.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:02 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,373,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
What does an 8 month old sentient being get? It gets yanked out, has its skull crush and its brains vacuumed out....all because the mother won't be able to make Happy Hour if she has to find and pay for a baby-sitter.
How could an 8 month old be still in the womb? Or do you think a pregnancy can last 17 mths?

How many viable 8mth fetuses do you think get aborted?

Your statement is just inflammatory mysogynistic nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies