Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 04:15 PM

651 posts, read 703,412 times

Advertisements

I was horrified at the down right stupid advice that Biden threw out as if he had a clue.
That said one would think that Biden was a shotgun salesman.
So shotguns good ARs bad. OK, Well let me remind you of the Cobray Street Sweeper.

The Cobray Street Sweeper was nothing more than a shot gun that had a drum like a revolver. It was deemed as a Any other weapon and now is a class three item. So they only want our ARs and AKs? BS total BS. This gun is no more dangerous than a Saga 12ga. But because it was something Clinton got put under NFA rules it takes a 200 dollar stamp and the gun goes for about 1600 now. Let me tell you people who who a shot gun and think its not your fight, its your fight. And remember if your not with us when we fight for our guns. We will not be there for your LC Smith or Ruger Red label.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,629,328 times
If you were talking about a double barrel shotgun ,as Biden recommended, you'd have a point.

However, you're off in la la land with a souped up military shotgun so you're comparing apples to rutabagas!

Old 02-20-2013, 04:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,381,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
I was horrified at the down right stupid advice that Biden threw out as if he had a clue.
That said one would think that Biden was a shotgun salesman.
So shotguns good ARs bad. OK, Well let me remind you of the Cobray Street Sweeper.

The Cobray Street Sweeper was nothing more than a shot gun that had a drum like a revolver. It was deemed as a Any other weapon and now is a class three item. So they only want our ARs and AKs? BS total BS. This gun is no more dangerous than a Saga 12ga. But because it was something Clinton got put under NFA rules it takes a 200 dollar stamp and the gun goes for about 1600 now. Let me tell you people who who a shot gun and think its not your fight, its your fight. And remember if your not with us when we fight for our guns. We will not be there for your LC Smith or Ruger Red label.
What about ARs that are shotguns? Like the Adkal MKA1919 AR-style 12-gauge shotgun.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM

18,138 posts, read 15,553,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
If you were talking about a double barrel shotgun ,as Biden recommended, you'd have a point.

However, you're off in la la land with a souped up military shotgun so you're comparing apples to rutabagas!
The Steet Sweeper is hardly a "suped up" anything. It has a large capacity, for a shotgun, but no more really than a Saiga. It is beastly slow to reload, whereas a Saiga loads very quickly. Very much like an AK. The classification of the Steet Sweeper, was based on its name. Very evil sounding. But, classification under title 3 is plain silly. Souped up military shotgun. (Sigh) semi automatic revolvers and "assault" pistols part of your course of study too?

Old 02-20-2013, 06:18 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,514,121 times
Does anyone see the humor in Biden promoting shotguns on Kurt Cobain's birthday?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,807,579 times
Biden is the clown car of politics. Anyway a shotgun is a pretty lethal home defense weapon.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The Steet Sweeper is hardly a "suped up" anything. It has a large capacity, for a shotgun, but no more really than a Saiga. It is beastly slow to reload, whereas a Saiga loads very quickly. Very much like an AK. The classification of the Steet Sweeper, was based on its name. Very evil sounding. But, classification under title 3 is plain silly. Souped up military shotgun. (Sigh) semi automatic revolvers and "assault" pistols part of your course of study too?
Until very recently, all the shotguns the military uses originated with the civilian sector first. When I served during Vietnam the Mossberg Model 500 and Remington Model 870 were two of the most popular shotguns used by the military. It has only been since the development of the AA-12 that a shotgun was designed and manufactured specifically for the military, which did not enter service until the late-1990s.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 PM

18,138 posts, read 15,553,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Until very recently, all the shotguns the military uses originated with the civilian sector first. When I served during Vietnam the Mossberg Model 500 and Remington Model 870 were two of the most popular shotguns used by the military. It has only been since the development of the AA-12 that a shotgun was designed and manufactured specifically for the military, which did not enter service until the late-1990s.
The 870 is still in wide use. Military and LE still issue it. Tbe Mossberg to, to a lesser degree, but its a good piece. I found the AA 12 rather cumbersome. The good old pumps are hard to beat. I have a Mossberg 930. I rank it right up there witb the 870, though its a auto anx not a pump.

The Street Sweeper is and odd duck. Oh, she would be a dandy for home defense. Very slow to reload, but 12 rounds of 12 ga makes having to reload in a home defense situation unlikely. I agree that a shotgun makes perfect sense cor home defense. Close and out to bout 40-50 yards its hard to beat. And it doesn't require pinpoint aim, so when you have been woke up and maybe still a bit fog nosed, close is good enough.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
The 870 is still in wide use. Military and LE still issue it. Tbe Mossberg to, to a lesser degree, but its a good piece. I found the AA 12 rather cumbersome. The good old pumps are hard to beat. I have a Mossberg 930. I rank it right up there witb the 870, though its a auto anx not a pump.

The Street Sweeper is and odd duck. Oh, she would be a dandy for home defense. Very slow to reload, but 12 rounds of 12 ga makes having to reload in a home defense situation unlikely. I agree that a shotgun makes perfect sense cor home defense. Close and out to bout 40-50 yards its hard to beat. And it doesn't require pinpoint aim, so when you have been woke up and maybe still a bit fog nosed, close is good enough.
I am not concerned about protecting myself from other humans, that is easy. I am concerned about being able to stop something MUCH larger. Which is why I am seriously considering an Akdal MKA1919 AR-style 12-gauge shotgun. It comes with a 10-round magazine, and it is quite easy to reload. Not to mention that it is a third the weight of my Mossberg, which is what I currently use for a camp gun. That is my primary reason. Hiking in the bush carrying an 18 pound firearm around all day can get tiresome.

With a rifled barrel and loaded with 10 sabot slugs, it should prove adequate to stop a charging brown bear. I hope.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:12 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,629,328 times
Quote:
I speak ordinary citizen whereas you speak gun owner. Never the twain shall meet......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies