Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times

Advertisements

I mean, a man with a gun, with the justification of "protecting his family", I can understand. I think it's paranoid, but I understand.

Women with guns? Especially if they're carrying them around in public? That's a scary thought....

A man who is protecting his family doesn't really have the need for a gun outside of the home/car. Sure, he might carry it...but really, I can rest assured that no man, really, is going to lose his cool in public if he's carrying...especially if his motivation is to protect his family. He has it as a defensive measure...and the crazies around shouldn't really ruin that for them.

A woman...I don't know about that one. I mean, they ARE the crazy around. It seems to me that they'd panic and end up doing something stupid...like maybe she's walking home in the middle of the night, and she drops something, a guy who happens to be following her picks it up and starts to run after...the girl panics, and bang, someone is dead....

I'm just saying, women think differently...we know this. Perhaps putting a gun in their hands...is a bit, umm, foolhardy?

(As a side note...what the hell is everyone doing that they feel they need a gun to protect themselves? From what? Yeah I know robbery and rape happen...but I've been around for some time now, and I've never heard of anyone being robbed or raped...maybe I live in a good area, idk...or maybe everyone keeps quiet and I've just been lucky)

Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Would you have at your fingertips the statistics on the percentage of gun homicides committed by men and by women?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:23 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I mean, a man with a gun, with the justification of "protecting his family", I can understand. I think it's paranoid, but I understand.

Women with guns? Especially if they're carrying them around in public? That's a scary thought....

A man who is protecting his family doesn't really have the need for a gun outside of the home/car. Sure, he might carry it...but really, I can rest assured that no man, really, is going to lose his cool in public if he's carrying...especially if his motivation is to protect his family. He has it as a defensive measure...and the crazies around shouldn't really ruin that for them.

A woman...I don't know about that one. I mean, they ARE the crazy around. It seems to me that they'd panic and end up doing something stupid...like maybe she's walking home in the middle of the night, and she drops something, a guy who happens to be following her picks it up and starts to run after...the girl panics, and bang, someone is dead....

I'm just saying, women think differently...we know this. Perhaps putting a gun in their hands...is a bit, umm, foolhardy?

This is why I dont want anything to do with guns. The heat of the moment kind of thing.
But to make things fare, men, they are the once who has a history of going crazy with guns. How many female mass murderess do you hear about?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:23 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
True, women are a bit, umm, emotional, but they aren't inclined to commit violent crime.

As for your anecdote, my sister was mugged outside of a Starbucks in the downtown area, if only she had a gun... Turns out she didn't need one though, this old homeless guy stopped the mugging and got my sister's money back. She ended up giving the homeless guy $20.

Moral of the story, even safe areas are at risk, the homeless can help (and men), and not all black guys are out to get you.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
I don't know anyone personally whose house has burned down but I still have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, batteries in my smoke detectors, my insurance is up to date and my family has an escape plan. Just because something bad hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it won't or it won't happen to someone else.

I can't be around my wife 24x7 so she also has her concealed carry permit.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Yeah! Those stupid women should know their place. We give them safe zones and whistles, and this is how they repay us? It's a travesty I tell you.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post

(As a side note...what the hell is everyone doing that they feel they need a gun to protect themselves? From what? Yeah I know robbery and rape happen...but I've been around for some time now, and I've never heard of anyone being robbed or raped...maybe I live in a good area, idk...or maybe everyone keeps quiet and I've just been lucky)
Perhaps this post is a bit, ummm, foolhardy?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
I am glad that you are scared!

Just keep in mind that the next time you try to harm a woman, you may get shot!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Once I was "attacked" on a subway platform in Stockholm Sweden. Some crazy man, Im sure he suffered from Schizophrenia, decided that I was something he was going to attack for whatever reason. He ran up to me and grabbed my coat and started yelling crazy things. I could not get away, and was scared to death. Lucky for me, another 5-6 guys quickly came to my aid beating him off of me. I remember running in to the subway that just pulled in to the station. The guy who assaulted me came lose and ran after me into the subway car. Again, lucky for me, these guys ran after him and literately kicked him out of the train. The last thing I remember was this man flying head first out of the train.

Now, I still would not want a gun. I rather use pepper spray.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:45 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yeah! Those stupid women should know their place. We give them safe zones and whistles, and this is how they repay us? It's a travesty I tell you.
That's right. They can also vomit and urinate on their attackers. Of course, this is all if they aren't having a case of the vapors or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies