Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 09:25 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,942,534 times

Advertisements

Florida Governor reversed course and went back on his promise to the tea party not to expand medicare in Florida. Rick Scott promised never to expand Medicare under ObamaCare. Ricky has seen his approval rating in Florida fall like a Rock. Florida is tired of the Tea Party movement and Scott knows he had better change course or get the boot.

We are starting to see a wave of change as people see the effects of the Tea Party movement. Maybe congress will begin to wake up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,903,542 times
Just about all of the Republican governors who grandstanded claiming health care reform was bad have now flipped a 180 after the election. Which should tell everyone all they need to know about what BS the Republicans have been spewing all along.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:03 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Florida Governor reversed course and went back on his promise to the tea party not to expand medicare in Florida. Rick Scott promised never to expand Medicare under ObamaCare. Ricky has seen his approval rating in Florida fall like a Rock. Florida is tired of the Tea Party movement and Scott knows he had better change course or get the boot.

We are starting to see a wave of change as people see the effects of the Tea Party movement. Maybe congress will begin to wake up.
The Tea Party movement is a libertarian wing of the Republican party. I HIGHLY doubt they would have approved of his decision.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
How wouold a govenor expnd medicare. Perhapsyou mean medicaid.The Tea party is about stoppig the growth of governamnt and taxes associated with it.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,903,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
The Tea Party movement is a libertarian wing of the Republican party. I HIGHLY doubt they would have approved of his decision.
They're not libertarian at all which is why tea baggers have almost exclusively pushed social issues or at least they've spent the vast, vast, vast majority of their time coming up with new legislation on abortion, forced vaginal probes, attempting to make birth control illegal, demanding women who get raped not get an abortion because (they claim) it destroys "evidence", and attacking gays.

In short, they're just the same old evangelical nutjobs who run the GOP and they push the exact same load of bull.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,130 times
Skeletor is just etch-a-sketching to a more moderate stance before his re-election campaign.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,942,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Nothing gets past you.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
They're not libertarian at all which is why tea baggers have almost exclusively pushed social issues or at least they've spent the vast, vast, vast majority of their time coming up with new legislation on abortion, forced vaginal probes, attempting to make birth control illegal, demanding women who get raped not get an abortion because (they claim) it destroys "evidence", and attacking gays.

In short, they're just the same old evangelical nutjobs who run the GOP and they push the exact same load of bull.
Besides abortion, their views align most with Libertarian views.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post

The law is the law. Whether states implement their own exchanges or the people participate in a national exchange, they will still participate in the system one way or another.

It's like someone says you must buy a candy bar. You say but I don't want a candy bar. Then the person says you have to buy it whether you want it or not. I'll give you a dollar to buy it or you can spend your own dollar on it. So you go okay if I have to buy it then go ahead and give me the dollar so at least I'm not spending my own money on your foolish idea.

Now you're taking that situation and saying it's proof that people have decided they do want a candy bar.

It's an absurd misrepresentation of the situation in order to demonize the Tea Party. That being the case, I'm guessing you're liberal. This strawman garbage is typical of liberals.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:49 PM

688 posts, read 652,022 times
Rick Scott has said recently that he has reevaluated himself after the passing of his mother. Perhaps this is a case of business met real life emotion, but I'm glad to see him take a position this isn't entirely money-driven. As a Florida resident, it gives me hope that the guy isn't going to spend more of his years chasing/defending money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies