U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,498,448 times

Advertisements

The WH released a statement that Michelle Obama's program has stopped the rate of child obesity and some cities now have a decline.

White House Credits
Mrs. Obama launched Letís Move! on February 9, 2010 to unite the country around our kidsí health and create real support for families to live healthier lives.
And the national childhood obesity rate has leveled off, and even declined in some cities and states.
The press release does not include any data to bolster the claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 09:34 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,914,863 times
I'll never understand the repubs demonization of the first lady for simply encouraging kids/parents to eat healthier and get more exercise.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:37 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,498,448 times
I'd be more inclined to believe it if some data was provided by HHS or CDC.
Anyone can say their program worked but shouldn't they have to prove it ?

Old 02-20-2013, 09:38 PM

17,825 posts, read 20,224,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The WH released a statement that Michelle Obama's program has stopped the rate of child obesity and some cities now have a decline.

White House Credits
Mrs. Obama launched Let’s Move! on February 9, 2010 to unite the country around our kids’ health and create real support for families to live healthier lives.
And the national childhood obesity rate has leveled off, and even declined in some cities and states.
The press release does not include any data to bolster the claim.
All this is a scam of course. It began in 1998 when they lowered the Body Mass Index from 28 to 25. Suddenly, 32 million Americans who were not obese the day before, suddenly became obese. WHO is now contemplating lowering the BMI from 25 to 23 in order to account for Asians, which will automatically add another 18 million Americans to the obesity rolls.

Americans are not getting fatter, the level of what constituents actual obesity is being lowered. Pretty soon anorexia and bulimia will come back into fashion.

I am 6'-7" tall and weigh 250 pounds, my current BMI is 28.2. In order to have a BMI of 24.9 (maximum for "Normal" weight) I would have to weigh no more than 221 pounds. I am not overweight. I have the same size waist at age 58 that I did when I was age 28. The last time I weighed 221 pounds I was 19 years old, and gaunt in appearance with sunken cheeks. It looked like someone was intentionally starving me, even though I was putting away 4,000 calories per day. By the time I turned 27 or 28, my metabolism finally slowed down enough where I could fill out. I eat a lot less today, but have not gained more than a pound in the last 30 years.

Last edited by Glitch; 02-20-2013 at 09:50 PM..

Old 02-20-2013, 09:46 PM

621 posts, read 566,891 times
Quote:
Propaganda never sounded so sweet.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:52 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,608,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
I'll never understand the repubs demonization of the first lady for simply encouraging kids/parents to eat healthier and get more exercise.
That's a cover for the real reason behind the demonization.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:04 PM

17,825 posts, read 20,224,266 times
Quote:
Because that is not all that she is doing. Schools are required to follow a new school lunch meal pattern, thanks to Michelle Obama and her meddling with The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. The last time I checked Michelle Obama was not elected to any public position by anyone. She needs to keep out of policy decisions, that is why we elect Congress.

We Are Hungry - YouTube

Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,186,203 times
Quote:
Republican don't criticize her for that. It's because its another tax payer funded program and whats mentioned above my post.

I'd like to see some facts on this though.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:14 PM

3,742 posts, read 2,592,973 times
Quote:
Because she is a fraud and a sham.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:20 PM

15,087 posts, read 17,563,220 times
Quote:
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies