Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 02:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times

Advertisements

**crickets**

Exactly what I expected from the hypocritcal liberal left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
What do you call this thread by one of the most liberal members on this forum? Corporate welfare is not a liberal ideology. The harshest criticism of Obama's corporate bailouts comes from the left, not the right.

Obama's Shameful Protection of Wall St Criminals
Based on my experience on this forum, it appears that there are 4 maybe 5 liberals on that thread crying foul. The question then becomes, where the hell is everyone else? They sure do come out of the woodwork when foodstamps or abortion or social security cuts are discusssed......but cronyism from the guy they elected? Hardly a peep!

Ask me if i'm surprised.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 PM

See above.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:06 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Based on my experience on this forum, it appears that there are 4 maybe 5 liberals on that thread crying foul. The question then becomes, where the hell is everyone else? They sure do come out of the woodwork when foodstamps or abortion or social security cuts are discusssed......but cronyism from the guy they elected? Hardly a peep!

Ask me if i'm surprised.
The link I gave you has at least 5 liberals who voiced criticism of Obama, thats just one thread.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
In what capacity, and under what premise do you make this claim? Proof please.
The complaints weren't over off shore accounts and getting big bonuses at bailed out banks?

*edit* I think you misunderstood. The left railed against off shore investments and big bonuses to guys who ran the banks into the ground. That guy is Jack Lew.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The complaints weren't over off shore accounts and getting big bonuses at bailed out banks?

*edit* I think you misunderstood. The left railed against off shore investments and big bonuses to guys who ran the banks into the ground. That guy is Jack Lew.
That's my point. The left railed against the bonuses and the guys who ran banks into the ground.....and yes Jack Lew is one of those guys......but i've yet to find a liberal who targets Barack Obama for 1) hiring Lew as the Director of the White House Office of Management and Budget and 2) Nominating him as Treasury Secretary.

Why all of a sudden is this guy palatable? I'll tell you why. It's because of hypocrisy and blind loyalty to the guy they elected.

So, again. Where is the outrage now? Just becase they cried and ranted a few years ago does not absolve them of the ultimate hypocrisy of their guy doing exactly what they hate with a passion.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
That's my point. The left railed against the bonuses and the guys who ran banks into the ground.....and yes Jack Lew is one of those guys......but i've yet to find a liberal who targets Barack Obama for 1) hiring Lew as the Director of the White House Office of Management and Budget and 2) Nominating him as Treasury Secretary.

Why all of a sudden is this guy palatable? I'll tell you why. It's because of hypocrisy and blind loyalty to the guy they elected.

So, again. Where is the outrage now? Just becase they cried and ranted a few years ago does not absolve them of the ultimate hypocrisy of their guy doing exactly what they hate with a passion.
It's been going on for the last 4 plus years, it's not likely going to change now. Nearly every single thing that the Fed and Treasury has done the last 5 years has benefited Wall Street over main street and not a peep.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Wonder why {D} super woman Warren is not screeching bloody murder about Lew? It seems if she is going after the banksters as {D}s claim she would be pointing out the revolving door. Why is she not asking Obama on why he is letting this bankster from a failed bank become treasury secretary?
Because it's all a huge dog and pony show.

Government is surreal. They say one thing and do another.
And few Americans seem to know or care either way.
The rest just go on living their lives in oblivion.

Apathy has settled in over America and this is bad, very bad.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because it's all a huge dog and pony show.

Government is surreal. They say one thing and do another.
And few Americans seem to know or care either way.
The rest just go on living their lives in oblivion.

Apathy has settled in over America and this is bad, very bad.
I agree its apathy....and willful ignorance. No doubt the silence is all about protecting Barack Obama. And they wonder why conservatives refer to them as sheep? Is there a more perfect example in existence?

Old 02-21-2013, 05:45 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times
Like you really care about jack lew ? Your just using this as another excuse to make another "Bash Obama" thread. What if Romney did win and decided to use jack lew as well, would you be putting on this farse ? No if anything you wouldn't care or give a damn, you are a hypocrite !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies