Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
No Brass. Breath, relax, aim, stop, squeezeeeeee.

I think you may thinking of Vietnam Marines. I was not one of those.
You are REALLY dating yourself now, since I was in basic from 1988....you were never taught to "stop breathing" and then shoot....you now use the "natural pause" at the end of you breath out....

But hey....what was correct 50 years ago, is correct now...right....

Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You are REALLY dating yourself now, since I was in basic from 1988....you were never taught to "stop breathing" and then shoot....you now use the "natural pause" at the end of you breath out....

But hey....what was correct 50 years ago, is correct now...right....
Hey Chuck! Wanna go drag race our tanks Saturday night?

Old 02-22-2013, 06:22 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Liberals want to ban everything that MIGHT be bad for you.

They even banned super size sodas in New York City. In other places.....liberals have banned fireworks, swimming in a pool without a lifeguard present, cooking with trans fats, and giving out Happpy Meals.

You think they wouldn't ban all guns if they could?

Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
No Brass. Breath, relax, aim, stop, squeezeeeeee.

I think you may thinking of Vietnam Marines. I was not one of those.
So did you or did you not see the pictures? Do you want older guns by 100 years that are repeaters?

Did you take a hit right between the eyes?

It was a long long long time ago.... Do you recall the OATH?

And yeah for all this time i took you as a black female.. You write like one.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:25 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Did I ever say anything about weapons other than fire arms?

Of course anyone can own a machine gun a tank and even a battle ship if they can afford it... and also pay the taxes and get the permits related. None of these items come under the 2nd or are a Right...

However fire arms are.... Yup there are LAWs concerning firearms and it is possible to loose your Rights..

I am not concerned if fire arms should be restricted to the 18th because they are not... i already own modern fire arms and there is nothing you and Hotair can do about it period.

Neither of you know anyone who owns rocket launchers, grenades or what have you either and neither do I. So why do you both bring it up so often?
The argument was that you should have firepower equal to the military otherwise you can't protect yourselves from the government, where do you draw the line.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:33 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Funny how the gun nuts keep the dodging the OP, namely what should be the civilian limits, if any, on the ownership of weaponry?

Well, all I know is they can have my five kiloton tactical nukes when they pry 'em from my cold dead hands!!

Old 02-22-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The argument was that you should have firepower equal to the military otherwise you can't protect yourselves from the government, where do you draw the line.
That is right where i draw the line..... I want the same fire arms the govt has.... My Rights have already been infringed since i can't have full auto or 3 rnd burst weapons the govt body guards have.

The govt isn't going to be taking semi auto actions away like they think and you want. That just isn't going to happen.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Funny how the gun nuts keep the dodging the OP, namely what should be the civilian limits, if any, on the ownership of weaponry?

Well, they can have my tactical nukes when they pry 'em from my cold dead hands!!
It's good you have the excuse of location.... otherwise we would have to say you were insane, and you wouldn't like that much huh?

No one is dodging anything....

Unless you know someone with a bazooka, tank, grenades... etc etc, and the OP is wrong about grenade launchers as i own one of those myself. It is std as a part of the YUGO AK-47 rifle. The only problem is I can't buy any grenades......

The Marine OP hasn't got any clue what the difference between a grenade launcher and gas weapons are.
However I'l bet there is plenty of gas with in hot air.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:43 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
We should always be able to own the same guns law enforcement owns.They are also civilians not some special class of better than you are protected class.They are not military with special privliges.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:51 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
We should always be able to own the same guns law enforcement owns.They are also civilians not some special class of better than you are protected class.They are not military with special privliges.
That would make life very interesting, I am sure you can think of a few people where that would be a very, very bad idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies