Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 12:02 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Ok ok, someone has pointed out that Cali has just gone nuts... and New York too has passed some stupid laws.... Conn too...

So at the state level Im happy with TEXAS. maybe Montana/Wyoming etc..

I dont agree with those who think we all need a bazooka.... although they sure would be fun! Nor do I think anyone needs Abrams tanks or an A1 Warthog

I would like to have a black helicopter to fly over my parinoid friends houses!

So Im good with the federal laws on the books and i am good with where things stand in Texas.

There doesnt need to be a single law passed at the federal level related to restriction of types of firearms. There are a number of states that need some laws rolled back.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:03 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
shall not be infringed means just that.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:04 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Next, Aaron Alexis, a Rem 870 "mechanically operated shotgun", a 5 round capacity, 13 dead, and 14 injured ring any bells, or are you going to ignore facts and endorse feel good worthless laws that do nothing other than to punish the law abiding?
An afternoon of practice can get you close to combat reload speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBEwKR9Tb-Y

Old 06-12-2014, 12:05 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
With a shotgun, rifle and a four wheel drive, a country boy can survive. Don't really need the Glock. The first two rounds are snake shot, but I've never had to shoot one.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:06 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Thats a stupid generalization that has no base, that would be like me saying all conservatives are redneck idiots. Very few liberals want to ban all guns. Most just want common sense, something most conservatives lack, in the gun debate.
Indeed. The claim the gun nuts make that any sort of reform automatically means a complete ban of all firearms is just a lie and a nonsensical lie at that. They're making such ludicrous all or nothing claims because their is no logical basis for their position so they have to resort to dishonesty.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Autos are legal, but you have to buy the tax stamp and submit to a background investigation.

Must be hell having to beg to get your rights back.
Who would have to do that?
I never will. The 2nd amendment keeps me from ever having to beg my government fir anything.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:57 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Indeed. The claim the gun nuts make that any sort of reform automatically means a complete ban of all firearms is just a lie and a nonsensical lie at that. They're making such ludicrous all or nothing claims because their is no logical basis for their position so they have to resort to dishonesty.
It is just is gun owners in oppressed states are on step 8 out of 10 towards gun confiscation. The federal gun laws are at step 4 out of 10 and are trying to move to step 5 then 6 but the people who have already gone through this know what the gun grabbers are trying to do.

It is like a football coach watching film on the opponent. The gun grabbers have a play book, we have seen it in liberal states, now they are trying to use it federally so we know what they are trying to do and are fighting to stop it.

Plus all these laws they want federally are I acted in various states and they don't do anything to reduce crime, so why should they be passed federally if they don't even work? Especially when the government doesn't even enforce the guns on the books.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:34 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
It is just is gun owners in oppressed states are on step 8 out of 10 towards gun confiscation. The federal gun laws are at step 4 out of 10 and are trying to move to step 5 then 6 but the people who have already gone through this know what the gun grabbers are trying to do.

It is like a football coach watching film on the opponent. The gun grabbers have a play book, we have seen it in liberal states, now they are trying to use it federally so we know what they are trying to do and are fighting to stop it.

Plus all these laws they want federally are I acted in various states and they don't do anything to reduce crime, so why should they be passed federally if they don't even work? Especially when the government doesn't even enforce the guns on the books.

move to Wyoming, where there are more laws concerning your drivers license than there are about firearms.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:55 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Ok ok, someone has pointed out that Cali has just gone nuts... and New York too has passed some stupid laws.... Conn too...

So at the state level Im happy with TEXAS. maybe Montana/Wyoming etc..

I dont agree with those who think we all need a bazooka.... although they sure would be fun! Nor do I think anyone needs Abrams tanks or an A1 Warthog

I would like to have a black helicopter to fly over my parinoid friends houses!

So Im good with the federal laws on the books and i am good with where things stand in Texas.

There doesnt need to be a single law passed at the federal level related to restriction of types of firearms. There are a number of states that need some laws rolled back.
Yeah just because you are does not me the rest of are, or should have a rights limited by laws that are 80 plus years old...

Old 06-12-2014, 06:04 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The intent of the 2A is a citizen force having capable arms to field in defense of community, self, and, if needs be, country. Heavy fire power, artillery, and such, is not practical for militia. Nuclear weapons and such...please. Lets be real. Militia, by definition, are not even capable of maintaining and operating modern air power and missile weapons, let alone fielding them. Militia are a small to medium weapons group. Therefore, I draw the line at readily available weaponry there.

The average citizen is constrained by budget. Rifles, handguns, shotguns are the bulk of private weapons. Some folks can afford heavy stuff like a 50,and there are a few who can afford title 3 stuff. The lines are drawn pretty well where they need to be.

I actually don't know anyone, personally, who advocates that weapons, such as you describe, be available at Big 5. The notion is silly. However, service style small arms, ala AR 15, are perfectly reasonable firearms for civilian use.
If it's truly for a militia, then why would someone need to conceal-carry? I'm not advocating for abolishing CC, but I don't see how that is really important to the ability to form a militia. By your own words, it only needs to be "readily available".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies