Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 11:56 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I say no. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have dating racial preferences. It doesn't mean you're a racist. What do you think?
Generally speaking, I would say no it's not racist. But, when you feel the need to have others confirm your bias, I suspect you might have a few issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 AM

210 posts, read 394,582 times
Yeah but singling out a woman for his race because the OP thinks his race is superior than others and so chooses to date his race only is still RACIST

Noun 1. racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others

A person of a different color can have different color hair, eyes, height. That is all shallow but relevant to some. I understand attraction but he can be attracted to different things. Guys of different color who like tall women still hit on me even though i'm pretty short and a different color and totally opposite so it's stupid and shallow to say you only want one race just because of a color. This is the exact reason why white guys in particular date girls of different ethnicities sleep with them etc then will only marry a white girl. Same with guys of other ethnicities who date white then marry a girl of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
So what? Some women single out height as being the most attractive in a man they'd date. Some men single out being thin as being the most attractive in a woman they'd date. Some single out hair color, someone's income or success level as being most important in a person they'd date.

Same thing! There are plenty of attractive short people, fat people, poor people, not so successful people or whatever hair color! For every attractive woman of whatever ethnicity you cite, I can name a short actor with a classically attractive face, a plump singer who is attractive, etc!

I mean just because a man is 5'5 instead of 5'11 with the same face and features you mean you wouldn't date him?

I mean just because a woman is 230 lbs instead of 115 lbs with the same face and features, you wouldn't date her?

You mean just because he is a redhead and not a dark haired guy with the same face and features you wouldn't date him?

It's all the same thing! You can pick and choose what you like because you like it!

Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Oh for gods sake there is that "r" word again. Will people ever get over the fixation with their skin color. Well maybe when it does not work for them anymore.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:20 AM

499 posts, read 756,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_kiss1 View Post
Yeah but singling out a woman for his race because the OP thinks his race is superior than others and so chooses to date his race only is still RACIST

Noun 1. racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others
Dictionary definition is laughable in this context! People are allowed to like who they like. That's it! Call them whatever you want. It won't change what they like!

Based on your reasoning.............

Singling out a man for his height makes you a height bigot
Singling out a woman for her weight makes you a weight bigot
Singing out a man for his hair color makes you a hair color bigot
Singling out a woman for her complexion makes you a colorist

Singling out a man for his height makes you think his height is superior to others
Singling out a woman for her weight makes you think her weight is superior to others

LOL

Spin it however you want to spin it but if you are calling these people prejudice and racist, it makes you no less prejudice for singling out someone else for a trait you like.

In dating all traits are the same because you pick what you like and reject the others who don't meet your criteria, whatever that criteria is. You don't have to "make" yourself attracted to what you don't find attractive.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 AM

Everyone is racist just at different levels. I'm not fixated on color but other people are! My family has people of all different backgrounds which we welcomed with open arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh for gods sake there is that "r" word again. Will people ever get over the fixation with their skin color. Well maybe when it does not work for them anymore.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 AM

They can like who they like but everyone is a racist, everyone discriminates at some time or another based on a persons skin color. NOthing bad! it's perfectly normal. Only bad when it is extreme. Everyone has preferences true but OP's preference is still racist wether you like it or not or wether it is a preference or not. So LOL @ you! Even you are racist! I know I'm right Ok bye now

Quote:
Dictionary definition is laughable in this context! People are allowed to like who they like. That's it! Call them whatever you want. It won't change what they like!

Based on your reasoning.............

Singling out a man for his height makes you a height bigot
Singling out a woman for her weight makes you a weight bigot
Singing out a man for his hair color makes you a hair color bigot
Singling out a woman for her complexion makes you a colorist

Singling out a man for his height makes you think his height is superior to others
Singling out a woman for her weight makes you think her weight is superior to others

LOL

Spin it however you want to spin it but if you are calling these people prejudice and racist, it makes you no less prejudice for singling out someone else for a trait you like.

In dating all traits are the same because you pick what you like and reject the others who don't meet your criteria, whatever that criteria is. You don't have to "make" yourself attracted to what you don't find attractive.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:31 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:

A person of a different color can have different color hair, eyes, height. That is all shallow but relevant to some. I understand attraction but he can be attracted to different things. Guys of different color who like tall women still hit on me even though i'm pretty short and a different color and totally opposite so it's stupid and shallow to say you only want one race just because of a color. This is the exact reason why white guys in particular date girls of different ethnicities sleep with them etc then will only marry a white girl. Same with guys of other ethnicities who date white then marry a girl of their own.
Now there's an interesting point. I fall into that category. I have been with women of a different race and same race but different nationality/culture and also with women much older than myself (but never younger for some reason). But both times I married it was to women of my own race, the same religion and culture, and similar in age (well, relatively similar - my wife is 7 years older than I am). I never really considered it before but I suppose while I was open to dating someone different than myself, the only two I actually formed a permanent bond with were right in line with myself. However, this wasn't a conscious decision to seek out a mate similar to myself. It just happened. When I was with a black woman, I never thought to myself "well I'll have fun with this girl but I won't marry her because she's black"

Then on the other hand there's my brother in law. My wife's brother is a white guy, Southern born and bred. But the only peole he will get involved with are Vietnamese. While he has friends of all different sorts, he actively seeks out Vietnamese women and only Vietnamese women for romantic relationships. I've seen him go through 3 relationships during the time I've known him and all were Vietnamese partners. He's married to a Vietnamese woman now and they have an interracial child together.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:32 AM

499 posts, read 756,711 times
Quote:
They can like who they like but everyone is a racist, everyone discriminates at some time or another based on a persons skin color. NOthing bad! it's perfectly normal. Only bad when it is extreme. Everyone has preferences true but OP's preference is still racist wether you like it or not or wether it is a preference or not. So LOL @ you! Even you are racist! I know I'm right Ok bye now
"Discriminating" against skin color is the same a discriminating against any other trait in dating. Skin color doesn't get any more or less "points" in this context. If I reject you because you are yellow, or reject you because you are overweight, you still aren't getting any play either way! You stll find "something" better and more appealing than something else!

A person who discriminates against dark skinned (only lighter than a certain color) or who discriminates against the fat (only under a certain weight) is the same or discriminates against a certain height (only over a certain height) is the exactly the same!

"Racist" = Weightist = Hieghtist = Incomeist = Classist when it comes to dating. Someone is still being rejected in favor of someone else.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:46 AM

Nope you are wrong. The OP's preference is racist. Again, nothing bad. You're comparing apples to oranges. A guy wouldn't reject a hot girl just because she is tall or short. Hot is hot. Hair color, weight, those can be helped. Race can't change however neither can height.

Thank you but I am dating a guy of a different skin color, from britain, who accepts me for me I'm the first girl of my race he dated. Before me, he was racist too. He had a bunch of ridiculous stereotypes for my race. I can't get him off me now.
Quote:
"Discriminating" against skin color is the same a discriminating against any other trait in dating. Skin color doesn't get any more or less "points" in this context. If I reject you because you are yellow, or reject you because you are overweight, you still aren't getting any play either way! You stll find "something" better and more appealing than something else!

A person who discriminates against dark skinned (only lighter than a certain color) or who discriminates against the fat (only under a certain weight) is the same or discriminates against a certain height (only over a certain height) is the exactly the same!

"Racist" = Weightist = Hieghtist = Incomeist = Classist when it comes to dating. Someone is still being rejected in favor of someone else.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:03 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Oh is it?????

I don't date outside my race because one particular race has endlessly treated me as an OBJECT to be used as they please, and as a trophy white b*tich to brag about to their buddies while abusing us in front of them. I don't date outside my race because I've seen so many women of my own race treated like trash by men of other races, as though we were a trophy to be shown off to men of their race and viciously abused for the sake of a masculine EGO TRIP!

Once again, I have more self-respect than that.
One can only be treated an as OBJECT and viciously abused by another person if they allow themselves to. At some level it must have appealed to you since it went on endlessly. Apparently you have made some bad choices in the men you dated, black and probably white as well, which would reflect on your own self-esteem. White men who endlessly abuse white women don't do it for an ego trip, they do it because they don't have much respect for the woman or they don't know better. I think the second highlighted text in your post bears truth.

How about Muslims? You say they treat their women like chattel. Have you dated Muslim men who treated you like chattel?

I have dated across the board - black, hispanic, Indian, white (Italian, Irish), tall and short. My huband is an Arab - nice cafe latte skin and a Muslim, who treats me in a way that you would give your left *** to be treated the same way.

As for your media sources telling you that you should be sleeping with black men, exactly what do you read/watch/listen to that tells you to do so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies