Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:57 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersied View Post
This assumes you are the type who reaches out to neighbors, rather than the "live and let live" types. Neighborhood watch, summer block parties, girl scout(etc) door to door, children playing together, etc.

and

If you had a choice (because of what the media is feeding us), which would you prefer and why?
I'm much more inclined to mingle with people who as a group are industrious, generous and share my values and traditions rather than ignorant savages intent on death and destruction.

Read that as you will . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 12:57 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm not stupid - you may not call yourself that, but I know your views by now (and they're pretty much right on target with neo-Nazi & separatist beliefs). Pulease.
I suspect he's KKK, like that KUchief dude. A little different in philosophy, but not much. www.kkk.com

Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's even in their "holy" book what they're supposed to do with Jews. Muslims allied with the Nazis in WWII and there were reasons they did that.

And yes it was inside the USA that these Muslims I knew and first thought were okay people said that about Hitler. I don't hang around with Nazis or their kin.
...and Christians committed the crimes of WW2. Moreover, the Nazi's had Christian allies as well. Italy for one, and several other puppet governments in occupied countries.

The war in Yugoslavia was a religious war featuring Catholics (Croatians) and Orthodox Christians (Serbs) trying to murder their Muslim neighbors out of existence.

So please...there is plenty of that stuff to go around. Muslims are the least.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
I like (and don't like) people of all religions and backgrounds.. So it just depends on the individual. I was born Jewish but have never practiced the religion. I suppose I would still feel I had something in common with the Jewish neighbor. As long as they didn't push their politics on me. I am politically conservative and most Jews are liberal. Then again I'm good friends with an Asian guy. A higher % of Asians voted for Obama than Jews. He was no exception. Yet he knows nothing about politics and never thinks or talks about it. That's probably why we get along. He voted for Obama because he's a celebrity. I suppose that's ignorant yet it's less offensive to me than someone who truly believes in liberal policies.

I could be friends with Muslims, especially those born into the religion who are critical of it. I'm friends with an Iranian (she considers herself Persian) who is very critical of the regime in Iran. My impression is most Iranian-Americans feel the same way and are thankful they live here. OTOH, if I had a Muslim neighbor who wanted to transform the USA into an Islamic state, force women to wear burqas and mutilate their genitals I could not be friends with them. in fact I would consider them my mortal enemy.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:01 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,977 times
Suspect all you want you can enjoy being wrong with the rest of the *******s.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
It also assumes that we make some effort to find out what religion or ethnicity the neighbors are... that we care whether they are Jewish, Islamic, Buddhist, or whatever.

I don't, so the question doesn't apply. My neighbors might be Jewish or Catholic or any of dozens of other religions. I've never cared one way or another, so I really haven't a clue which one they are, if any.

I think you'll find this true of most people.

You might have to redirect your question, toward liberals who always examine people for Jewishness, or for African ancestry, or for whatever groups they are looking to find victimization in.

Normal people generally don't do that, and don't care "what" their neighbors are.
What a load of crap.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Suspect all you want you can enjoy being wrong with the rest of the *******s.
For those of us who remember your posts when you used the name Mary Phagan there is no suspecting. We know exactly what you believe.

BTW: I doubt you would actually recognize Wagner's music if you sat through Das Liebesverbot at the Bayreuth Festival and Isabella came offstage to clue you in.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:35 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,977 times
I have never used another name but thanks for accusing me of something I didn't do.Oh and I actually have a 2 disc set of Wagners Music in my truck. Love that stuff. My kids like it to.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
This assumes you are the type who reaches out to neighbors, rather than the "live and let live" types. Neighborhood watch, summer block parties, girl scout(etc) door to door, children playing together, etc.

and

If you had a choice (because of what the media is feeding us), which would you prefer and why?
I don't typically inquire as to my neighbor's religious beliefs.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:43 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:

and

I have friends all over the religious spectrum. To me what matters about people is character, honesty, integrity, and respect. What name they use for their religion or church is neither here nor there for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I have never used another name but thanks for accusing me of something I didn't do.
Right, because that would be against TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies