Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 12:52 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
As I have explained, that marriage can only exist between a man and a woman is a self evident and absolute truth. You deal in man made definitions and relativism.
No, it's just your opinion.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:55 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I hate no one.
Quote:
But I remember that you are a liberal, and vicious, dishonest, and baseless attacks are simply how liberals roll.

Liberals are the authors and masters of the politics of personal destruction.
Sooo.... I guess it is fair to say that you hate liberals? (and maybe cops, too)

Also...there is only one reason to oppose basic relationship rights for gays, and it's the same reason why people treated blacks as sub-human no less than a few decades ago: hatred.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
First of all, all people can marry. None are excluded. The only restrictions, which are few and normative, apply equally to all, and serve to the betterment of society (for whom the institution exists for the benefit of, in the firt place).

Arfew you advocating the removal of all of these normative chalifications, such as restricitons against parent-child, sibling or cousins-marriages, Or two-person marriages, as well?

Marriage exists to give legal structure to the familiy, the foundational building block of society. Weakening that building block in any way, isn't in society's best interest.
Your argument doesn't make sense.

There are many married heterosexual couples who have no children, can't have children or do not intend to have children or have children from previous relationships etc.

There are many gay couples and lesbian couples who are raising children.

2010 Census Data - 2010 Census

Old 03-10-2013, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Well, we view it differently, friend, and that's just an irreconcilable difference between someone who sees truth as absolute and someone who sees it as relative, so there's really not much for you and I to discuss. I'm not sure why you introduced religion into this though. I haven't.
"Your truth" is not absolute. Only sociopaths or very young children think like that.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Why are people who choose to be gay so intent on redefining marriage in order to legitamize their immoral lifestyle?
Your question makes no sense.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I have to agree with you. There are many different perspectives on this subject, and i respect how people feel. Is there a right or wrong way.

People seem to be making this call.

Because someone does not agee with the santcuary of gay marriage, does not mean they are a homobphobe, they just differ in opinion of those who agree with gays being able to marry.

I believe people ought to still have their own ideals, and own opinions, outside of what hollyweird celebrities and talk show hosts, and pop-musicians, and the bias slanted media feel.

Because some people do not go along with the status quo, inspite of what the subject is, does not make them what other people just assume.

Sad really, but it appears in this day and age, if you do not go along with the status quo, there is someone putting a label on you.
If someone didn't agree with interracial marriage would you think they were racist?

If someone didn't agree that women should have the right to vote, would you think they were sexist?

Old 03-10-2013, 01:28 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Sure, the characteristics are of different types. You want me mistreated based on an inherent characteristic, whereas my hypothetical mistreatment of you is based on a chosen characteristic.
The two are entirely analogous. I chose to be a Christian(and anyone who is a Christian must choose such) and you chose to be a homosexual.

I realize that you don't like that fact, but I am stating the truth.

My prayer is that you acknowledge your sin, and accept the grace made possible by the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

This is what all people must do to be reconciled to the Lord.

God is not willing that anyone perish, but that all inherit eternal life.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Your question makes no sense.
Explain, please.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Sooo.... I guess it is fair to say that you hate liberals? (and maybe cops, too)
I hate no one.

I have reasons to hate certain individuals(and to understand this - you would have to know more about me and my childhood - but this is not neccesary). I have forgiven in my heart those who have harmed me in the past - I have not done so to their face, and that is a step that I am still struggling with. But I can honestly say that I do not hate those individuals, and I do not hate anyone.

I have accomplished what my faith insists upon, forgiveness of my enemies, and believe me, it has not been easy.

The word "hate" is a convenient tool used by liberals such as yourself to shut down honest debate with those with whom you disagree.

Grow up.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
I am not gay and I support full rights for the LBGT community. I am sure of what I am. Are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
but you did by in to their propaganda so I guess that makes you an dishonorary homosexual.

todays supporters of gay rights will be seen by future generations like we see supporters of the NAZI's in 1933 and the Bolsheviks in 1917.
Wow.

You have the right to express really offensive ignorant views like that, but you don't have the right to expect that people respect your views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies