Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 06:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I already explained this earlier in the thread. It's the difference between expected and unexpected standards. If a customer wants to eat a hot dog touched with feces, I support both his right and the hot dog vender to sell him that hot dog. However, if a customer expects some standards to the preparation then the vender should comply with some minimum, publicly acknowledged standards or state that he isn't for whatever reason. As it stands, if a customer wants to buy a 24oz soda, it should not only be his right but the private retailer.

I literally feel like tearing out my hair talking to you people. I hate this nanny America bull****. What's up with you people and control? Control of other's business and eating habits? There is something neurotic that we're even having this discussion and I honestly think every single person who supports this legislation should be committed to the loony bin.

I don't give a **** about someone elses diet. WHY THE **** SHOULD YOU?
To tell you the truth, anyone stupid enough to fill themseves up with empty calories and have conniptions over soda can consume it by the vat as far as I am concerned, but I guess a public official's job is to pass legislation for the good of the consumer. If the idiots want to indulge, no one is stopping them, but kids are being served mass quanitities of crap and they most likely will not order the second cup to make up for the difference. Haven't you absent mindedly finished food or a bevegage when it was in front of you just because it was there when you actually would have been satisfied with much less?

This is not about limiting what is consumed by the customer so much as it is limiting the corporations from tricking the consumer into believing that drinking a half gallon of soda is norrmal.

To use your words..."What's up with you" not understanding this very simple facet of the issue?

Again...no one is limitied in how much sugary crap they want to consume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 06:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
To tell you the truth anyone stupid enough to fill themseves up with empty calories and have conniptions over soda can consume it by the vat as far as I am concerned, but I guess a public official's job is to pass legislation for the good of the consumer. If the idiots want to indulge, no one is stopping them, but kids are being served mass quanitities of crap and they most likely will not order the second cup to make up for the difference. Haven't you absent mindedly finished food or a bevegage when it was in front of you just because it was there when you actually would have been satisfied with much less?

This is not about limiting what is consumed by the customer so much as it is limiting the corporations from tricking the consumer into believing that drinking a half gallon of soda is norrmal.

To use your words..."What's up with you" not understanding this very simple facet of the issue?

Again...no one is limitied in how much sugary crap they want to consume.
Well that would be because their parents are buying it for them.
Why not arrest the parents for child abuse ?

Why punish skinny adults that want a 20oz coke once in a while ?

Old 02-25-2013, 06:34 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The brochures are going out to retailers about the ban.

No more 2 litre bottles of soda with your pizza delivery.
No more pitchers of soda at your table at Chuck-E-Cheese.
No more carafes of mixers at bottle service bars.

Nothing larger than 16 oz is allowed in NYC..NOTHING.

Retailers are surprised to say the least. They thought it was just soda sold by the cup.

[URL="http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/soda_ban_to_sap_your_4t5pEK0hvo3PoNZEBOdZ2L"]Bloomberg’s large-soda ban also prohibits 2-liter bottles with pizza orders and some bottle-service mixers at nightclubs - NYPOST.com[/URL]
Nanny Bloomberg unleashes his ban on large sodas on March 12 — and there are some nasty surprises lurking for hardworking families.
Say goodbye to that 2-liter bottle of Coke with your pizza delivery, pitchers of soft drinks at your kid’s birthday party and some bottle-service mixers at your favorite nightclub.
If NYers aren't engaging in civil disobedianece, then they deserver, to a measure, the usurpation of that part of their lives. Now where did I leave that split rail.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:

IF NYers will sit still for this, Americans will tolerate any usurpation without so much as a whimper. Stand up Nyers. Are you men, or European pissants?

Old 02-25-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
IF NYers will sit still for this, Americans will tolerate any usurpation without so much as a whimper. Stand up Nyers. Are you men, or European pissants?
They got slapped with a hefty cigarette tax and took it; they'll take this as well.
Bloomberg is going to get them healthy and skinny one bill at a time

Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:

Kids/teens don't go about with friends in your neck of the woods?

Punish???Punish??? How is anyone being puinished? THERE IS NIO LIMIT ON HOW MANY SODAS YOU CAN ORDER!!!!!

Old 02-25-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Kids/teens don't go about with friends in your neck of the woods?

Punish???Punish??? How is anyone being puinished? THERE IS NIO LIMIT ON HOW MANY SODAS YOU CAN ORDER!!!!!
So what was the point of the ban ? You really think everyone will settle for a single 12 oz soda when they've been gulping 32oz for years ?

Plus..7-11 is exempt..you can get the super big gulp (64oz) with no problem.

So really all Bloomberg accomplished is his ability to weld control over people and business.

I shouldn't have said punished. Inconvenienced is more like it because now you'll have to carry 2 cups of soda.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:41 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,719 times
Quote:
To tell you the truth, anyone stupid enough to fill themseves up with empty calories and have conniptions over soda can consume it by the vat as far as I am concerned, but I guess a public official's job is to pass legislation for the good of the consumer..
It's not the purpose of legislators to baby proof this country. If some kids or adults want to get fat drinking soda, really who cares?

Old 02-25-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
They got slapped with a hefty cigarette tax and took it; they'll take this as well.
Bloomberg is going to get them healthy and skinny one bill at a time
It is not the role of government to do so - period. Anyone who thinks it is, is on the wrong continent.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
So what was the point of the ban ? You really think everyone will settle for a single 12 oz soda when they've been gulping 32oz for years ?

Plus..7-11 is exempt..you can get the super big gulp (64oz) with no problem.

So really all Bloomberg accomplished is his ability to weld control over people and business.
Read my previous posts, I already explained this very simple logic. Haven't you ever heard the concept of losing weight by using smaller dishes so that the plate appears to have more food? It's a psychological thing. No one in NY is committing suicide over this, but I see that other parts of the country are on the verge of it...so ****ing stupid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies