Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,818,916 times

Advertisements

I love it! In this era it's the criminals that have all the rights. Even murderers are free to kill knowing they won't get the death penalty. We just can't count on the government eliminating criminals anymore. They give criminals a slap on the wrist and release them on parole ASAP. So it brings my heart joy whenever I read of a homeowner protecting themselves and their property by shooting and killing a home invader. YES!

The shooters of home invaders should be treated as great heroes. They not only protected themselves...they protected EVERYONE by eliminating
a piece of human trash who would have kept invading one house after another.

There should be a celebration for home invader shooters. I can't think of a better place than the funeral of the home invader. There should be great cheers for both the shooter and the fact that the home invader is dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 11:32 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
Did it ever occur to anyone on here that what happened could have been far different than what you think. According to the neighbor, it was a bad deal gone wrong which would make the the homeowner a killer. he claimed the guy was beating him yet he only had minor scruff marks on him. Hopefully the police will get to the truth.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:41 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,709 times
I find it sad that people celebrate when someone is killed. Criminal or not, I cannot get excited over one person taking the life of another. Guess the axiom that every life is special doesn't hold true in the U.S. right now.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:43 AM

858 posts, read 707,336 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79
I'm assuming this is posted because of the ongoing gun debates but I'm curious what this actually has to do with the debate. Did he shoot him 52 times with an AR-15? If the guy mentally handicapped and wouldn't have had a gun otherwise? Was it purchased at a gun show because he couldn't get it normally due to failing a background check?

The debate is that guns do have a "good quality." Not the evil that continues to be preached by the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79
If none of those apply then i'm pretty sure...no...completely, absolutely 100% sure the homeowner would still have been able to protect themselves.

Really, how are you 100% sure? That is a bold statement.

I didn't know it was even a debate that guns had a 'good' quality. We all know what they can do. We know that they are used for hunting. We know they are used for protection.

Yes, I am 100% sure as long as the homeowner doesn't fit one of the categories I mentioned. If the homeowner used a handgun that was legally purchased after a background check was performed and the homeowner does not have a history of mental disease, then yes, I am 100% sure that nothing would have changed. Why? because no one is calling any change which would have allowed this homeowner to own a gun and defent his property.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:45 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times
Unfortunately all the good shootings will be lumped into "homicides" in the anti-gun fanatics' statistics and used as evident to support more gun control.

:-(

Old 02-24-2013, 12:31 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And once again, when YOU (or any leftist) cannot win a discussion, you go for grammar.....
i'm a idiot. I dont even have passable grammer or spelling, but I know the difference in ferring to "one" and referring to "you"...to make my point.

I will use any trick in the book to confuse [you] to win.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:48 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I find it sad that people celebrate when someone is killed. Criminal or not, I cannot get excited over one person taking the life of another. Guess the axiom that every life is special doesn't hold true in the U.S. right now.
Who is celebrating?

Old 02-24-2013, 12:52 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
i'm a idiot. I dont even have passable grammer or spelling, but I know the difference in ferring to "one" and referring to "you"...to make my point.

I will use any trick in the book to confuse [you] to win.
Because you are unable to have a "common sense" conversation, is not my problem and the "ONLY" way you can win is to trick people....

That is obvious...

Old 02-24-2013, 12:56 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,533 times
I see a lot of stories like this coming from the south.

Keep it up guys! Your right to bear arms was issued in 1776.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:39 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,460,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Did it ever occur to anyone on here that what happened could have been far different than what you think. According to the neighbor, it was a bad deal gone wrong which would make the the homeowner a killer. he claimed the guy was beating him yet he only had minor scruff marks on him. Hopefully the police will get to the truth.
Then it could be a bad shoot and the shooter needs to be held accountable/prosecuted as appropriate.

No coddling of law breakers is acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies