Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:21 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
When a group of people realize they are losing a cause, they begin to come unhinged. Expect many more threads like this as the country moves forward and the screams of the bigots get drowned out in the process.
They really are in a frenzy.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:21 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
When a group of people realize they are losing a cause, they begin to come unhinged. Expect many more threads like this as the country moves forward and the screams of the bigots get drowned out in the process.
Very true. And I can understand that such a huge change is scary. Heck, I was in college before I even knew there was such thing as homosexuality. Gays were very much stuck "in the closet" just a couple of decades ago, and I certainly never thought I'd live to see the day that gays and lesbians could legally marry. Despite my open-mindedness, it's still a huge change....but imo a good one.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:22 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You don't believe in redefining marriage?

Just WHAT is your definition of marriage?
Dude, you better defend your position. Else someone on the internet will think you're a hypocrite!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:23 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Ummm, no, it's not been EXPLAINED at all. You keep stomping your little foot and saying the same thing, with no logic or explanation.

Using your apparent definition, then, NO I am not in favor of marriage equality. OK? Good enough?

ALL that I am in favor of is for any two unrelated consenting adults to marry each other. That's it. Not THREE, not a GROUP, not BLOOD-RELATED.....because I don't believe in your farcical "definition" of EQUALITY. I admit that I pick and choose which people should be allowed to get married, just like YOU do SOPHIASMOMMY. I just happen to include gays and lesbians on my list.
Yes. Than do not cite it as a reason for your support of the redefintion of marriage. Do not be a hypocrite.

Ok, so you concede that ONLY men and women AND homosexuals should be allowed to marry. Why are you being intolerant and bigoted towards other groups of people that wish to marry?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and if you correlate same sex marriage to incest...you must be a mindless nut. How many stupid threads with this insinuation do we have to see every week or so?!
Why? You have a long history of personally attacking and insulting anyone that has an opinion that differs from your own. Care you address the topic or just continue to name call?

Either you believe in marriage equality or you do not. I am simply holding you to your own standards. Defend your position.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:27 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Same sex marriage is illegal in 41 states. You haven't made your case. Polygamy, polyandry, also must be made equal if homosexual marriage is accepted.
I am perfectly fine with polygamy, polyandry, and homosexual marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Seriously? It's really simple and has been explained numerous times in this thread. If you support the redefining of marriage to include two dudes under the guise of "marriage equality" than you MUST support polygamist marriage and consensual incest marriage. Or you're a hypocrite. Either you support marriage equalitry, or you do not. I am holding you to your own standards. Defend you position.

Quote:
Where and how? Who are you to impose YOUR beliefs on two consenting adults?
Science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
What a hateful and biased position against those who practice incest, polygamy, and polyandry. Why should they be denied equality? Who made you the judge of who can marry and who can not?
Polygamy is ok and so is polyandry. Incest is not. The current law doesn't really support multiple marriages though. So maybe we should scrap the tax code altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
No less absurd than two men or two women. Lol at two husbands or two wives. Silly homos
Yeah, at one point in time people said the same thing about interracial marriage and dating. Somebody fought for my right to date and marry someone from another race and I feel obligated to continue that trend.

Quote:
What science? What science says that polygamists and consenting incestual adults should not be able to marry? Defend yourt position, or admit that you're a hypocrite.
Scientifically, polygamy is ok, but not incest. Are you not aware of genetic defects that inbreeding creates?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:28 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Seriously? It's really simple and has been explained numerous times in this thread. If you support the redefining of marriage to include two dudes under the guise of "marriage equality" than you MUST support polygamist marriage and consensual incest marriage. Or you're a hypocrite. Either you support marriage equalitry, or you do not. I am holding you to your own standards. Defend you position.
who is asking for related marriage? You're trying to say I must support a law no one...to my knowledge is asking for.

Have any polygamist groups written preliminary rules of mutiple marriage partners and addressed all the legal ramifications to having muliple partners. Seems to me, if a group wants rights and previledges, they must give notice and a workable plan.

Until they do, It hard to know what they seek.

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Man and woman. There has never been a time in history, until the past 20 years where it was widely and socially acceptable for members of the same sex to "marry". Those of you that support that redefintion often cite "marriage equality' as your reason for support. If that's the case than you MUST support polygamist marriage and consensual incest marriage. Or you're a hypocrite. I'm simply holding you to your own standard. Defend your position.
Read it and weep.

anthropologist: When Same-Sex Marriage Was a Christian Rite

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Man and woman. There has never been a time in history, until the past 20 years where it was widely and socially acceptable for members of the same sex to "marry". Those of you that support that redefintion often cite "marriage equality' as your reason for support. If that's the case than you MUST support polygamist marriage and consensual incest marriage. Or you're a hypocrite. I'm simply holding you to your own standard. Defend your position.
You would do yourself a great service if you did some simple gooogling before posting...

A Long Tradition Of Same Sex Marriage
Gay marriage is as old as history, rooted in the mists of antiquity.

As for polygamy, who cares? If the couples are digging it, it's their issue.

Your incest comparison is off the wall and I already voiced my opinion on that one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So by your own logic, you support a father marrying his daughter ?
My logic? WHATCHOOTALKINBOUTWILLIS?!?!?!

I DO NOT support the redefintion of marriage, not do I cite "marriage equality".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies