Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 03:05 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,108,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Really? Phonetically they're the same, but mistakenly placing an "s" where a "c" should have been confused you. Ha.

Explain what you mean by "slippery slope" faux logic? I'm simply asking a question. If you support redefining marriage, do you support consensual incest? Why are you afraid to answer?
Ok. Here in Connecticut we spell things properly, not phonetically.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,108,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Noope! That's just small.
Not as small as starting a poll to bash gay people.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,084,911 times
Soooo..... OP: How often do you find yourself thinking about incest?

Go to store. Pick up bread. Take car in for tire rotation. Think about incest.....

Old 02-24-2013, 03:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:
Nonsense. It's time to cut the strings and move outta moms basement.
And you're attempting to be taken seriously.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:21 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,146 times
Quote:
Thread title says it all. If you support redefining marriage, do you support a mother marrying her daughter, if they both are consenting adults? Or a father and son? Why or why not? Thanks
I don't give a flying fig about what two consenting adults do behind closed doors. I don't support it and I don't not support it - it's just plain none of my business, or yours.

PS: Misspelling the sin for which you are seeking condemnation is not a good way to start your thread... The thread title does, indeed, say it all.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:22 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,075,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

If a parent and child are having a sexual relationship, don't you think there's a bit more to it than the failure of the child to leave home?

Do you really think that there's nothing deeper going on there?

You're talking about a parent and child getting MARRIED, and you say the parent doesn't have some kind of perverse power over the child? Are you freakin serious?

Didn't think this one through, did you.
No, I am talking about two grown ADULTS who are consenting. Who are you to force your views on two people who want to marry one another?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This is a lie.

History of Marriage in Western Civilization
BBC News - Ten key moments in the history of marriage
http://www.psychologytoday.com/artic...rriage-history
How marriage has changed over centuries - The Week
Same-sex unions aren't a recent invention. Until the 13th century, male-bonding ceremonies were common in churches across the Mediterranean. Apart from the couples' gender, these events were almost indistinguishable from other marriages of the era. Twelfth-century liturgies for same-sex unions — also known as "spiritual brotherhoods" — included the recital of marriage prayers, the joining of hands at the altar, and a ceremonial kiss.

Ummm, no.
It's better to research a topic before you present it so poorly and present yourself as so very wrong and dishonest.
Odanny was six pages late you were only two. How lazy do you have to be to not read a short thread before posting in it? Anyway, remove all of that and just answer this: if you support same sex marriage, do you support consensual incest? It's a very simple, black or white question and answer.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:25 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,466,787 times
Quote:
Thread title says it all. If you support redefining marriage, do you support a mother marrying her daughter, if they both are consenting adults? Or a father and son? Why or why not? Thanks
Well, there's no genetic reason but I find it creepy. I suppose first cousins, siblings and step siblings could be added to that list. The only reason we don't allow incest is genetics. There is no genetic issue with same sex couples. I'll vote NOMB. What consenting adults do, that harms no one else, is what consenting adults do.

I need to vote "I don't care as long as it's a same sex couple". There couldn't be opposite sex couples because of the risk of genetic mutations....but I suppose if they were steralized that would change everything wouldn't it? Definite food for thought here.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Ok. Here in Connecticut we spell things properly, not phonetically.
And yet, despite the ability to spell correctly you were so easily confused by a misplaced "s". Odd.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:28 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,261,537 times
Quote:
Odanny was six pages late you were only two. How lazy do you have to be to not read a short thread before posting in it? Anyway, remove all of that and just answer this: if you support same sex marriage, do you support consensual incest? It's a very simple, black or white question and answer.
You haven't answered your own question.

If you support to redefinition of marriage, to 1 man and 1 woman, do you also support consensual incest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.