U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:46 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,304,604 times

Advertisements

Robert Gibbs: I was told ‘not even to acknowledge the drone program’

This sounds too much like the Bush administration. Yes there is a need for some security and secracy when discussing homeland security but the drone program has gone too far. We need to expose the entire program from its inception to its desired results.

“And thus I clothe my naked villany
With odd old ends stolen out of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.”

William Shakespeare, Richard III
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 AM

3,039 posts, read 2,167,436 times
Actually it sounds like the Obama Administration. Since that is where Gibbs worked and he is speaking of.

When are people gonna stop talking about George Bush?

For 8 years all I heard was how dumb and ineffective he was.

He must be extremely intelligent and powerful to still have control over the economy and foreign policy 5 years after he retired.

Plus, when liberals talk about Bush they sound like crybabies.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:56 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,304,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Actually it sounds like the Obama Administration. Since that is where Gibbs worked and he is speaking of.

When are people gonna stop talking about George Bush?

For 8 years all I heard was how dumb and ineffective he was.

He must be extremely intelligent and powerful to still have control over the economy and foreign policy 5 years after he retired.

Plus, when liberals talk about Bush they sound like crybabies.
Are you that dense? I just posted a thread critisizing the Obama administration.

And if you cannot see the similarities between both administrations you need not vote.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:16 AM

63,036 posts, read 34,328,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post

This sounds too much like the Bush administration. Yes there is a need for some security and secracy when discussing homeland security but the drone program has gone too far. We need to expose the entire program from its inception to its desired results.

You mean that 'secret' drone program we've been seeing in the news for about 10 years now?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,498,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean that 'secret' drone program we've been seeing in the news for about 10 years now?
It's not the fact that there are drones but what they were used for under Obama.
That's where the denial comes in.

Drones are now used for invasions and assassinations.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's not the fact that there are drones but what they were used for under Obama. That's where the denial comes in.

Drones are now used for invasions and assassinations.
The media has shown us how they have been used to hit people in Pakistan and other places since the begining, so what is so new and secret about it?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
The media has shown us how they have been used to hit people in Pakistan and other places since the begining, so what is so new and secret about it?
Obama is a peaceful man, not a war monger like Bush..remember ?
He's got a Nobel prize to show for it.

Can't have a man, all about peace "sending in the drones" now can you ?
It's all about perception.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama is a peaceful man, not a war monger like Bush..remember ?
He's got a Nobel prize to show for it.

Can't have a man, all about peace "sending in the drones" now can you ?
It's all about perception.
Says who? Says you. To me words like that are nonsense, and based on nothing but desire so make meaningless comments.

The drone attacks have been on news since 2002, and are still in the news regularly in 2013. I don't see anything having changed.

Quote:
The U.S. first said it used targeted killing in November 2002, with the cooperation and approval of the government of Yemen. A CIA-controlled Predator drone fired a Hellfire missile at an SUV in the Yemeni desert containing Qaed Salim Sinan al-Harethi, a Yemeni suspected senior al-Qaeda lieutenant believed to have been the mastermind behind the October 2000 USS Cole bombing that killed 17 Americans. He was on a list of targets whose capture or death had been called for by US President George W. Bush.In addition to al-Harethi, five other occupants of the SUV were killed, all of whom were suspected al-Qaeda terrorists, and one of whom (Kamal Derwish) was an American

Old 02-26-2013, 06:39 AM

5,098 posts, read 4,312,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post

The Bush Administration NEVER lied to the American people or hid information.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Says who? Says you. To me words like that are nonsense, and based on nothing but desire so make meaningless comments.

The drone attacks have been on news since 2002, and are still in the news regularly in 2013. I don't see anything having changed.
It's ok to have the opinion that Gibbs is lying.
I happen to think it falls in line with the perception the WH is trying to get across to Americans.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or