Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 07:42 PM

468 posts, read 553,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Not in my school. We had an unruly student get out of hand in our school and our shop teacher kicked the living crap out of the kid. The father showed up to the school, thanked the shop teacher and then took the kid home where he beat the living crap out of him. That kid, was quiet and respectful in school after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that's how it used to be.

today, the shop teacher would be fired and the school would be sued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Not sure when this happened but at most schools the teacher very well could be fired today. God forbid the teacher was White and student Black than racism charges would fly.

The dad could also be hauled off to jail if the kid reports him of someone witnessed the beating.
Are you people serious? Because of the problems today you should resort to violence? How in the hell does that solve anything? There ARE other methods of solving behavioural issues. It amazes me how some parents and teachers lament the days when they could ABUSE (yes, it IS abuse) students to fulfill their insecurities and power issues. So that's the solution to black violence in school: beat the s h ! t out of the kid and have the parents do the same. And even better if the teacher is white, and hopefully nosy neighbours don't interfere is they see a child being repeatedly abused.

I don't blame teachers for not wanting to work in inner cities & I'm aware of the disproportionate level of violence amongst black youth in America. And I'm not saying proper disciplinary measures shouldn't be taken, & I think teachers should be allowed to defend themselves. But blatant violence does not solve the problems of why these kids are like that in the first place. There has to be a major transition in culture and community; parental skills and environment. Very difficult but corporal punishment never solved anything, it jsut made things worse, as we are witnessing the effects today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Aaaaaaaahhhhh! Now we get to the meat of the matter. A certain 'racial subgroup' gets more suspensions and expulsions than the others. That's called 'disparate impact' and so can get 'educators' fined/sued, etc. So, in order to reduce the number of suspensions/expulsions of members of that 'subgroup', to bring that number within 'guidelines' (without actually changing the behavior of the subgroup), one MUST 'recalibrate' disciplinary measures.

Mirroring what is happening in the criminal justice system, the chronic behaviors of problematic subgroups are being decriminalized, in order to avoid claims of Disparate Impact.

It is important to note that in order to equalize rates of discipline/incarceration, it is also necessary that behaviors common among less problematic 'subgroups' be criminalized. So, while the problem groups are allowed to molest and assault with impunity, the less problematic groups are finding that simply uttering certain words can get them expelled/imprisoned/destroyed. This is why our 'leaders' are pushing for classes of Speech Crimes and Thought Crimes.

Certain 'subgroups' don't do enough bad things. So, it is necessary to punish them for saying, or perhaps even thinking incorrect things. (like the boy in California who was suspended for suggesting that a visitor to the school looked like President Obama)

I think the classic example is the boy who was enduring daily assaults from a group of (unpunished) members of certain 'subgroups'. In the midst of an assault, he said something like "I wish I had a gun, so I could blow you all away." Notice he only expressed a wish, not an intent. And again, these were words uttered, under duress, in the midst of a physical attack by others. Nonetheless, the school threw the book at the boy uttering the words. Meanwhile, his longtime tormentors, who had gone far beyond merely expressing intent - who had actually (and repeatedly) engaged in physical violence against their victim - went completely unpunished.

Actually, this sort of thing is rampant. That's only one example. Violence against teachers works in the same way. They are largely powerless to do anything of substance against the young predators in their classrooms. In fact, they find that simply saying the wrong thing one of the predatory students can result in criminal charges being brought against them.
In a condensed form, what exactly are you trying to say?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
I imagine they will just blame the teachers as usual.

bring back the cane!
I really don't know. I've met students from places where spanking in the classroom is prohibited, such as Germany and Switzerland. From what I'm told, there is more respect for the teacher and you don't have nearly as many disruptions. Back in 2003, my school had some students from France come over on an exchange program. In France there is no spanking in school. According to the students who came over, they were shocked at some of the things that went on. According to them, things like class disruption and playing around in class would not be tolerated.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:35 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I really don't know. I've met students from places where spanking in the classroom is prohibited, such as Germany and Switzerland. From what I'm told, there is more respect for the teacher and you don't have nearly as many disruptions. Back in 2003, my school had some students from France come over on an exchange program. In France there is no spanking in school. According to the students who came over, they were shocked at some of the things that went on. According to them, things like class disruption and playing around in class would not be tolerated.
In Italy (I went to Italy for elementary school) a second grade student was taken by the ear out of the classroom, beaten, then tossed into the first grade. He wasn't allowed to re join the second grade for months until he made certain amends. I remember, I was his friend.

Our gym teacher even made sure to call out the fat kid, and have him specifically jump over a beam. Something he couldn't do and he hurt himself. I don't remember anyone in Italy as fat as an American.

Justice was swift, we all sat at our desks and took notes while American students the same age sat in circles, sang songs, and cut and paste in their coloring books.

That's an education!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
Totally not surprised you're advocating violence as an acceptable way of dealing with people, you being a muslim/sympathetic to their barbaric ways and the same poster who questioned laws for violence against women and support/defend horrific muslim crimes in nonmuslim nations.

You need to look up his posting history to see WHY he advocates violence. He's from the school of "sharia solves everyone's problems and it is muslims' duty to spread it to save the world".
lol I'm not a Muslim. I just advocate common sense. Boys that age want to fight and assert their alpha boy so they need to be beaten into realizing they can't be more alpha than an adult. That's how a pack of dogs determine who to follow.

I don't trust boys who don't need to be beaten. Something is very wrong with them.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
In Italy (I went to Italy for elementary school) a second grade student was taken by the ear out of the classroom, beaten, then tossed into the first grade. He wasn't allowed to re join the second grade for months until he made certain amends. I remember, I was his friend.

Our gym teacher even made sure to call out the fat kid, and have him specifically jump over a beam. Something he couldn't do and he hurt himself. I don't remember anyone in Italy as fat as an American.

Justice was swift, we all sat at our desks and took notes while American students the same age sat in circles, sang songs, and cut and paste in their coloring books.

That's an education!

When did you go to school in Italy? Last time I checked, spanking in schools isn't legal in Italy anymore.

And did I once mention Italy?

I'm merely telling you what I've known from kids who grew up in the 90s and 2000s.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
When did you go to school in Italy? Last time I checked, spanking in schools isn't legal in Italy anymore.
He wasn't spanked, he was beaten. The teacher slapped him several times across the face,until he became red and cried. This was back in the early 80s. If they banned discipline I can imagine their education standards have slid.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
He wasn't spanked, he was beaten. The teacher slapped him several times across the face,until he became red and cried. This was back in the early 80s. If they banned discipline I can imagine their education standards have slid.
But how does Italy compare to say, Germany, which doesn't use beating or spanking in school? Last time I checked, Germany does better than the USA in terms of education.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Only if the only thing that they have going for them are their fists.
Everything is a fight for boys. Both physical and mental. But physical fights train you mentally. They teach you not to panic, they teach you not to fear getting hurt, and they teach you to accept pain as a part of life.

Quote:
What a chronicle of father/son love. I'd have deep sympathy for you if you weren't now victimizing your son.
You don't understand father/son dynamic. As a father I love my son but I don't want him to love me but just respect me. When I learn to respect him, I want him to love me and shield me as then I'm old and frail.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
But how does Italy compare to say, Germany, which doesn't use beating or spanking in school? Last time I checked, Germany does better than the USA in terms of education.
I'm not sure if they don't spank in Germany. I think they physically discipline the kids all over europe. Though I maybe wrong, times have changed since I was little. American kids are not disciplined. I know, my son is in elementary school right now. It's a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies