Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 09:48 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I was just talking to my girlfriend about the comparison that's been made in this thread between Bush/WMDs and Obama/Obamacare.

It seems that Democrats have changed the definition of the word "lie" without informing Merriam-Webster.

American intelligence agencies, as well as those of virtually all the developed nations in the world, thought that Hussein had WMDs. This was supported by people from his own regime. Turns out he didn't have much. Result: Bush lied.

Obama knew that nobody was going to be able to keep their plan. This is supported by people from his own administration. He continued to say the line we're all so familiar with now, anyway, despite the fact that he knew it wasn't true. Result: Obama didn't lie.

And, of course, we can go back a bit further to Clinton. We all know how that turned out for him.

The only conclusion that can be drawn, after looking at these three scenarios from a pragmatic viewpoint, is that Democrats have redefined what a lie actually is, depending on what the meaning of the word "is" is, of course.
You nailed it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 09:51 AM

229 posts, read 232,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You nailed it!
He sure did! I wish sicko would catch on

Old 12-05-2013, 09:54 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Through deception, bribery and changes of rules the aged clowns in Congress succeeded in corralling enough votes to pass. They were led, wheeled, bribed or sobered up for its passage which will surely be one of the last gasping breaths of what was a U.S. Congress. ObamaCare has become a bill nearing the popularity of the Stamp Act. As a final joke the clowns excused themselves from the ravages of the new system.

1. People who have had their insurance plans double or triple.
2. People dropped from their health insurance plans.
3. People who had their hours cut over health insurance.
4. People able to sign up for insurance.
5. Massive tax on small business owners.

It is gradually seeping into Americans’ pores that this is a con job. Even the inmates of the regime who used to follow the Party Line like cows being led out to pasture have begun to report the mess.
Don't forget the sky high deductible making it a probability that people's insurance will never pay for them.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:55 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11222blue View Post
My point is...they follow him for all the wrong doings. why don't you post all the failures and wrong doings Obama has succeeded in? I guess it out ways the good,which is good in your eyes.first of all, Bush started the ball rolling after 911 which led to the death of Bin laden...and no! Obama didn't kill him,the Navy Seals did. lets not get started on the big health care failure. Gays!!! is that the most important issue in this country? Your not convincing at all!
What are ALL the "wrong doings???????????????? Are they part of that bogus list of impeachable offenses?

Don't give me that crap about Bush, who allowed bin Laden to escape that cave he was going to be "smoked out of" and then announced "Mission Accomplished" years before Obama got bin Laden and finally ended the Iraq war. back atchya!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 12-05-2013 at 10:06 AM..

Old 12-05-2013, 10:11 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
All politicians are liars..... even your favorites.

Also, it's bold faced liar. Good grief. This is the level of intelligence we're dealing with......
Wrong.

Bald face lie comes from centuries ago when men grew a beard to hide their facial expressions. A bald face allowed people to see the facial expression and better determine that the man was lying.

Obama is clearly a bald faced liar. He doesn't even try to hide his lies.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:14 AM

229 posts, read 232,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What are ALL the "wrong doings???????????????? Are they part of that bogus list of impeachable offenses?

Don't give me that crap about Bush, who allowed bin Laden to escape that cave he was going to be "smoked out of" and then announced "Mission Accomplished" years before Obama got bin Laden and finally ended the Iraq war. back atchya!
I guess you believe that he is a great President and he did no wrong doings. Thank you for schooling me on what a great President we have,I'm sorry...

Old 12-05-2013, 10:14 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I care and I'm not moving on. The man is not fit for office.
I was helping my dad who is a Dr. yesterday at this clinic. While dad was suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old man, my dad struck up a conversation with him.

The old man said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'post turtle'.

Not being familiar with the term, dad asked him what a 'post turtle' was. The old man said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle on top, that's a 'post turtle'.'

The old man saw my dad was confused by his statement, so he continued to explain.

'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, he's elevated above his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of a dummy put him up there to begin with.'

Old 12-05-2013, 10:19 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So lets be clear, liberals. BARACK OBAMA IS A BALD FACED LIAR.
Sure chief sure, whatever you say.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:52 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I was helping my dad who is a Dr. yesterday at this clinic. While dad was suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old man, my dad struck up a conversation with him.

The old man said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'post turtle'.

Not being familiar with the term, dad asked him what a 'post turtle' was. The old man said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle on top, that's a 'post turtle'.'

The old man saw my dad was confused by his statement, so he continued to explain.

'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, he's elevated above his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of a dummy put him up there to begin with.'
Perfection!!

Old 12-05-2013, 10:56 AM

1,980 posts, read 3,770,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's over. You are beating a dead horse, jumping the shark. It is becoming another "Benghazi" for you. No one outside of the fringe right is paying attention anymore. Give it up.
It isn't over. Most Americans do not want to pay more for a corrupt/inferior healthcare system.

If the GOP had a brain, ObamaCare would be the ONLY thing the GOP campaigns on from now until the midterm election bloodbath where the Democrats lose the Senate and scores of house seats.

ObamaCare is the worst govt. abuse since prohibition. It will be repelled. The question will be whether or not the Democrat Party dies trying to save this evil/destructive legislation. If the Democrats weren't dominated by fascist extremists, it would have been repealed months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies