Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 07:18 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Obama didn't lie, he just wasn't precise enough.
It seems like ever time he opens his mouth the lie list grows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 07:19 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I give him a pass on this since he didnt write his own book. Ayres wasnt informed of this. Now the lie that obama wrote his own book... That he doesnt get a pass on.
Only an idiot would NOT pre-read a book you supposedly wrote before allowing it to be published.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:23 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
but actually, 'stayed' with him in boston. Carney's really spinning this one. Gee, we never thought to ask him about it. Yet, Mr President's book said he had never met him.

Surely, not another lie. Nah.

White House changes story on Obama's uncle

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...57752919,d.eW0
Maybe Issa will hold some hearings on this "travesty"?

Old 12-06-2013, 07:25 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
We should Impeach him!

Old 12-06-2013, 07:26 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
We should Impeach him!

First thing youve posted that actually makes some sense about Dear Leader.

(sarc meter not broken)

Old 12-06-2013, 07:30 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I give him a pass on this since he didnt write his own book. Ayres wasnt informed of this. Now the lie that obama wrote his own book... That he doesnt get a pass on.
Very funny example. If you recall, when he first ran for president he said he barely knew Ayres. He was just some guy on some board he was also on. That and the fundraiser Ayres and his creepy terrorist wife hosted for him.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I never claimed it was a fact.

I said it was the most logical reason for the mistake made by the White House staff when they spoke to the Boston Globe back in 2011.

Here is The Boston Globe article:

The trials of Omar, Obama

Notice how it says "The White House" ... and not "Barack Obama" ?

Why should President Obama be held responsible for an innocent mistake made by his staff regarding a fact they did not verify with Obama personally?

I believe my assumption about the Grandfather and Uncle having the same name is the reason the mistake to The Boston Globe happened, so we will need to wait to see if the White House states this was the reason as well.
LOL

LOL

LOL

And I believe you deserve an award for being fundamentally disingenuous.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:01 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Obama didn't lie, he just wasn't precise enough.
You have to put the statement in "context." What he meant to say was, "I never met him . . . except that time I lived with him."

Old 12-06-2013, 08:23 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Okay, this is not what I would call a BIG lie, more like a funny one sort of like Hillary Clinton arriving under heavy fire and, you know, a flower girl shows up. But this thread is really long so I figure I should come up with something novel

Remember the Obama birthday sweepstakes of 2012?

"Apparently President Obama tweeted the other day that there was still a chance to enter his Birthday sweepstakes to win a face to face meeting with the president on his birthday. Glenn Beck hadn't done it because he thought he'd have to make a contribution to the President's campaign in order to enter but Beck was wrong. Right there on the Obama/Biden website the invitation says "No purchase, payment, or contribution is necessary to enter or win. Contributing will not improve chances of winning."

Beck was excited. He thought he'd have the same chance of winning birthday cake with the President as George Soros. So, he filled out the form and entered online.

This message then pops up:

Barack's Birthday

Thank you. Want to increase your chances?

Your donation will be put to work to build this organization from the ground up.

If you want, you can increase your chances of winning today.

For every donation you make you will be automatically entered again for a chance to win an invite to the President's birthday party.

Obama manages to lie on his own birthday invitation – Glenn Beck

Old 12-06-2013, 08:26 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You have to put the statement in "context." What he meant to say was, "I never met him . . . except that time I lived with him."
Or................take a line from the Clinton book: "It depends on how you define "met".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies