Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 09:42 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,760,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I'm pretty certain that new people joining in this thread aren't going back and reading every previous post, so repeating my information is for them, not for you.

And does it bother you that someone here actually has a logical explanation for the Boston Globe mistake from 2011?

Does it "spoil the party" you Republicans seem to be having in this thread?
A logical explanation? You are speculating.

I'm a republican?? When did that happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 09:45 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,959,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
When did his father die?

And when did obama attend college?

Answer those, and you will get an answer that you may not like....
Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Following high school, Obama moved to Los Angeles in 1979 to attend Occidental College. In February 1981, he made his first public speech, calling for Occidental to divest from South Africa in response to its policy of apartheid.[26] In mid-1981, Obama traveled to Indonesia to visit his mother and half-sister Maya, and visited the families of college friends in Pakistan and India for three weeks.[26] Later in 1981, he transferred as a junior to Columbia College, Columbia University in New York City, where he majored in political science with a specialty in international relations[27] and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1983.
Quote:
In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year,[38] and president of the journal in his second year.[32][39] During his summers, he returned to Chicago, where he worked as an associate at the law firms of Sidley Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.[40] After graduating with a J.D. magna *** laude[41] from Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago.[38]
Barack Obama, Sr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Quote:
Drinking heavily, Obama suffered three serious car accidents, the last of which claimed his life in 1982.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:48 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,959,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
A logical explanation? You are speculating.
I'm showing how a simple mistake about Obama's relatives was possible, due to the Grandfather and Uncle sharing the same name - both are named Onyango Obama.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:49 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,640,588 times
Quote:
In all likelihood back in 2011, the White House press were mistakenly referring to Obama's grandfather, who has the exact same name as the uncle - Onyango Obama:

From the NY Times in 2012:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/18/wo...ther.html?_r=0

The above statement which is a reference to Obama's book Dreams From My Father refers to Obama's grandfather Onyango Obama, not his Uncle Onyango Obama.

Both the Uncle and the Grandfather have the same name.

Both are named Onyango Obama.

So in all likelihood, the White House staff must have researched Onyango Obama in the book, read the quote about the two never met, and mistakenly provided incorrect information to the Boston Globe reporter back in 2011.

To me, this is the most logical reason the mistake happened.

And I'm guessing nobody ever noticed this mistake until it was brought up again this year ... two years later.
So, two people with the same name, and no one thought to check up on the other person?

If the excuse here is just more ineptitude and a general atmosphere of apathy and incompetence within the tightest circles of the Obama admin, I'd have to go along with it, since being morons and fourth rate inept hacks is the norm with these clowns.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:51 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,640,588 times
Quote:
I'm showing how a simple mistake about Obama's relatives was possible, due to the Grandfather and Uncle sharing the same name - both are named Onyango Obama.
It's a very common theme with these idiots. Their claim of "we are to incurious, inept and incompetent to function" is the most common response for everything and anything.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:01 AM

46,177 posts, read 26,894,103 times
So, his fathered died in the early 1980, obama went to school in the late 1980, how is it possible that he stayed with his dad?

Old 12-06-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Which link was that?

Is it from 2013, or earlier?
White House changes story on Obama's uncle

Old 12-06-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So, two people with the same name, and no one thought to check up on the other person?

If the excuse here is just more ineptitude and a general atmosphere of apathy and incompetence within the tightest circles of the Obama admin, I'd have to go along with it, since being morons and fourth rate inept hacks is the norm with these clowns.

Nope, RD5050 is grabbing at straws....

Even the WH say that before obama went to harvard, not occidental (79 - 83), obama father died in 82....

Old 12-06-2013, 10:08 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,620,344 times
Well, after reading all of today's posts in this thread, I realize it has transitioned from an honest debate of two opposing political factions to a right wing ass kissing contest.

You guys have no interest in honest debates, you just want to agree with each other. Must get boring after a while.

Good luck and have a happy weekend.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, after reading all of today's posts in this thread, I realize it has transitioned from an honest debate of two opposing political factions to a right wing ass kissing contest.

You guys have no interest in honest debates, you just want to agree with each other. Must get boring after a while.

Good luck and have a happy weekend.
Sounds like a tuck tail and run post....

Those pesky facts....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies