Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 02:34 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
And there's the rub. They want legitimization in the context of religion and it's felt as if they are forcing their way, under the guise of "equality and rights".

It hardly matters though because it's built into nature's fabric that homosexuality is a dead end. Unless, and I've asked this before, is homosexuality nature's way of getting rid of undesirable genes?
Maybe homosexuality has no specific purpose one way, but to absorb the sex drive instinct when no females, or males, or available. When males can't get access to females it doesn't mean their drive goes away so they have to go somewhere to satisfy it, and that means other males.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Well, now we know more about you. And it's not a good impression you've made.
I'm sorry for having a sense of humour. Or must I take everything so seriously?

Old 02-27-2013, 05:06 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
SSM has always been a ploy to undermine the traditional family structure and values. Why is no one advocating civil unions for all by default and leave marriage to church blessed occasions first of all, and two, why not accept civil unions that has everything the same as in marriage but name only? Easy, it was never about marriage in the first place or the monetary benefits, that's something for the duped to grasp at
When I conduct a marriage in the church, I do so on behalf of the government. Marriage in itself is not a religious function today. Once I conduct the state portion of the marriage (set words that have to be said), then I get into the church part of the service - the blessing.

Please don't confuse marriage with the church. A marriage conducted in someone's barn (I did that) is just as valid in the eyes of the law as a marriage conducted in a sanctuary. I can do an atheist wedding, just as valid as a Christian wedding... all that differs is the blessing conferred.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,478,443 times
The way I was raised and what I believe, its wrong. Does two gays getting married affect me? No, so let em do it.
I personally think we have way more important things to worry about in this country than gay marriage.

See lefties, just cuz one believes something doesn't mean I have to force it upon everybody else.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I can see why you would have second thoughts about marrying within the family but what's wrong with polygamy?
God gave Eve to Adam, not more than one woman. Marriage is for a man and a woman.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
There seem to be a lot of people who are vehemently for or against it, but I'm wondering how many people basically see gay marriage as a joke, or something funny? I know this would be deeply offensive to many gay people, but it reminds me of how children view it. I remember a movie or TV show when they're explaining to the little girl about homosexuality and she thinks it's 'just silly.'

While I don't take it all as a joke, at times I admit I do see it in a lighter way. I mean who cares if they want to marry, but I admit, when people make jokes about two grooms or something it can be kind of amusing.

I'm just wondering if a large majority of people see it this way.
Because there is nothing preventing gays from doing what they do.

They're fighting over a word.

Most gays and gay supporters are lefties who love the umbrella of big government....until government effects them, as it does with marriage.

If government would mind its business, there would be no issue.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:13 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
God gave Eve to Adam, not more than one woman. Marriage is for a man and a woman.
Actually if you look at the word Adam in Hebrew it denotes mankind; it is gender neutral. If you wanted to be pedantic you could argue that God gave Eve to both a male and female, since Adam at its root is both male and female. By using your argument of Adam and Eve, you quite possibly have God allowing the first same-sex relationship. I knew God loved everyone and blessed same-sex relationships.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Actually if you look at the word Adam in Hebrew it denotes mankind; it is gender neutral. If you wanted to be pedantic you could argue that God gave Eve to both a male and female, since Adam at its root is both male and female. By using your argument of Adam and Eve, you quite possibly have God allowing the first same-sex relationship. I knew God loved everyone and blessed same-sex relationships.
Er what, so you're saying Adam was two people now? I don't even know where to begin with that...

Old 02-27-2013, 06:49 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
SSM has always been a ploy to undermine the traditional family structure and values. t
Yeah. Straight people hadn't already done that at all.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:02 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I stood against it for the defense of marriage between man and woman. I really didnt understand why they couldnt of just called it something else. It will never be the same as the natural, nature/god intended man/woman.
At this point, I am about fed up hearing about it. Im sick of hearing about gay this and gay that. So I am at the point where, screw it, just give it to them and hopefully we hear less from and about them.

I think gay marriage and gays in general are odd and as some put it, kind of just humorous in a strange/sick kinda way. I find the whole thing really a joke as you say. I hear of it, I see it, I just shake my head, sometimes laugh, depending on who the subjects are and how gay they look or act. I dont know how you can even take it seriously sometimes. Its just so damn odd and off putting but funny in a way. How a man can practically act like a girl or woman like a man. I almost feel sorry for them.
So your problem is only with gay men, any issues with your own sexuality? Basically you think we should have separate but equal for gay men, I assume lesbians are cool to get married.

Now celebrity marriages I usually don't take seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies