Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 11:31 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
When asked why did you vote for Obama’, the National Black Chamber of Commerce president Harry Alford said he voted for Obama because he was black and that it was the worst mistake of his life and a lesson he’ll take to his grave. He also slams Al Sharpton as being as a paid-for-lackey of Obama.
The gift that keeps on giving...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 11:33 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
LOL this bagger has a history of making Tea Party/American Taliban-like racist comments - he's just a better dressed Herman Cain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecdf4RSVe1Y
An astute, accurate observation. This forum has become safe-haven for racists, judging by what I read here.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
When asked why did you vote for Obama’, the National Black Chamber of Commerce president Harry Alford said he voted for Obama because he was black and that it was the worst mistake of his life and a lesson he’ll take to his grave. He also slams Al Sharpton as being as a paid-for-lackey of Obama.
Well, my hat is off to Mr. Alford for his honesty, and willingness to take responsibility for his error. I wonder how many CD libs will be so honest when America is a shadow under its former self, i.e. fundamentally changed.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:53 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
Quote:
In that case, Harry Alford cast his vote foolishly. Each candidate had made their policy proposals freely available, so there's no excuse for an Obama voter to, say, complain about the Affordable Care Act.

Me, I'm perfectly fine having voted for Obama twice.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:03 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
In what way is the Tea Party similar to the Taliban? Can you point to a single fact?

1.) They are both misguided religious groups, and they both manipulate the words of their Holy Books.
Example,
a. republicans are against feeding poor people with welfare.
b. republicans are against insuring the 10,000's who die each year from not having health insurance.
c. republicans are against helping other countries.
(The Bible clearly shows that Jesus would be FOR the above things.)

2. Scientist's say they both use propaganda on their own people.

3. Both groups have a leadership structure that makes their followers believe lies.
Example, Fox news and Rush radio are the leaders of the Tea Party. Fox news tells them lies like "global warming is not happening, tax cuts for the rich increase government revenues, B. Obama is a communist, Social Security is out of money, ex.ex." (And the Tea Party members believe all the lies.)

4. They are both against women's rights. (But the Taliban is MUCH worse than the Tea Party)
Example, Tea Party members are against a woman's right to be a front line soldier, and they are against a women's right to have a abortion. ex.ex.ex.

5. They both love small government.
Neither group wants things like the EPA, FDA, IRS, public schools, public libraries, ex.ex.ex.

6. Both groups commit (or) speak about violence against their own fellow country people.
Example, I have heard many Tea Party members speak of overthrowing the US government, because they believe the US government is becoming communists.

Can you point to 6 facts showing that the Tea Party is (not) similar to the Taliban ??

Old 02-27-2013, 12:12 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
How could anyone be stupid enough to be a republican, when Republicans created our dangerous national debt with R. Reagan and GW Bush style tax cuts for the rich.

He is not a "black" man, he is a "stupid fool."
Let's see...because tax cuts for the rich wouldn't add to the debt if we weren't spending so much on programs the Democrats refuse to cut. So now, back to you- how could anybody be stupid enough to be a Democrat, when Democrats created our dangerous national debt with LBJ, Carter, and Obama style spending progams costing us so much money that trying to spur the economy with a 2 or 3 % tax cut is enough to send deficits spiralling out of control?

Old 02-27-2013, 12:13 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Wanna bet he makes some bigger mistakes in life before he see's the grave? I do.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:18 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
1.) They are both misguided religious groups, and they both manipulate the words of their Holy Books.
Example,
a. republicans are against feeding poor people with welfare.
b. republicans are against insuring the 10,000's who die each year from not having health insurance.
c. republicans are against helping other countries.
(The Bible clearly shows that Jesus would be FOR the above things.)

2. Scientist's say they both use propaganda on their own people.

3. Both groups have a leadership structure that makes their followers believe lies.
Example, Fox news and Rush radio are the leaders of the Tea Party. Fox news tells them lies like "global warming is not happening, tax cuts for the rich increase government revenues, B. Obama is a communist, Social Security is out of money, ex.ex." (And the Tea Party members believe all the lies.)

4. They are both against women's rights. (But the Taliban is MUCH worse than the Tea Party)
Example, Tea Party members are against a woman's right to be a front line soldier, and they are against a women's right to have a abortion. ex.ex.ex.

5. They both love small government.
Neither group wants things like the EPA, FDA, IRS, public schools, public libraries, ex.ex.ex.

6. Both groups commit (or) speak about violence against their own fellow country people.
Example, I have heard many Tea Party members speak of overthrowing the US government, because they believe the US government is becoming communists.

Can you point to 6 facts showing that the Tea Party is (not) similar to the Taliban ??
Hey! I haven't seen you post in a while. I see your still using hallucinogens.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Let's see...because tax cuts for the rich wouldn't add to the debt if we weren't spending so much on programs the Democrats refuse to cut. So now, back to you- how could anybody be stupid enough to be a Democrat, when Democrats created our dangerous national debt with LBJ, Carter, and Obama style spending progams costing us so much money that trying to spur the economy with a 2 or 3 % tax cut is enough to send deficits spiralling out of control?

The following non-partisan source shows that you are lying to this forum.

http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

Carter took office with a debt-to-GDP of 35.4%
Carter left office with a debt-to-GDP of 33.3%
(Carter brought down Americas national debt)

Reagan took office with a debt-to-GDP of 32.9%
Reagan left office with a debt-to-GDP of 52.6%
(Reagan greatly increased our national debt)

Reagan increased Americas national debt by lowering rich peoples tax rates. And by wasting money on the Star Wars defense system (scientists said it would not work.) Reagan also wasted money on the x-30. Reagan said we would have the x-30 in 10 years, but its 25 years later and we still don't have it.
Rockwell X-30 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

G(H)W Bush took office with a debt-to-GDP of 53.8%
G(H)W Bush left office with a debt-to-GDP of 65.9%
(republican G(H)W Bush raised Americas national debt)

Then (democrat) B. Clinton got in office and reversed R. Reagan's tax cuts for the rich.

B. Clinton took office with a debt-to-GDP of 68.1%
B. Clinton left office with a debt-to-GDP of 57.7%
(B. Clinton lowered Americas national debt)

Then (republican) GW Bush took office and lowered rich peoples tax rates. (and he also attacked Iraq for nothing and spent $1 trillion dollars doing it.)

GW Bush took office with a debt-to-GDP of 57.8%
GW Bush left office with a debt-to-GDP of 74.1%
(GW Bush raised Americas national debt)

note: GW Bush's tax cuts for the rich kicked in while Obama was in office. So the huge deficits created by GW Bush's tax cuts happened while Obama was in office. Obama is also forced to pay for Bush's for nothing Iraq war. (and Obama also has to pay for the interest on republican spending, and yes tax cuts cost money.)

And if you look at the chart in the above link, in the "Growth Rate yoy" section.
You will see that Obama has cut GW Bush's debt growth rate by around 1/2.

GW Bush took office with a 5% debt growth rate.
GW Bush left office with a 15.9% debt growth rate.

Obama took office with a 15.1% debt growth rate.
And Obama has brought the debt growth rate down to 8.6%.

As soon as GW Bush's tax cuts expire, and GW Bush's Iraq war ends our deficits will go way down.

And to show how republicans have fully lost their minds. Romney wanted to give Americas rich and large corporations $6.6 trillion dollars in tax cuts. And all of that money would have been added to our national debt. And Romney also wanted to increase Americas military spending.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Republican tax cuts for the rich and senseless military spending have created our dangerous national debt.
The problem is that the (rich) owners of Americas TV and radio stations are getting these huge republican tax cuts. And the owners of all our major news shows want to keep their republican tax cuts coming, so most of our news shows don't even speak of these things.

The following documentary explains how TV station owners edit Americas news.
This documentary is old and things are 10x worse now.

Fear and Favor In The Newsroom - YouTube

Last edited by chad3; 02-27-2013 at 02:38 AM..

Old 02-27-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Hey! I haven't seen you post in a while. I see your still using hallucinogens.
Lets see who behaves like someone who uses drugs.
List one thing that I said in my post that is not true.

CAN YOU LIST (1) THING THAT I SAID THAT IS NOT TRUE ??
Answer: No you can not.

You can't discredit a single word I said, so you resort to childlike manipulations.
But there's one good thing about debating someone who behaves like a child.
They can't post any actual facts.
So I don't have to spend a lot of time replying to your posts.

Will you post another statement that contains no facts, or will you stop posting to me ??

Chad.

Last edited by chad3; 02-27-2013 at 02:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies