Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 02:20 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
1.) They are both misguided religious groups, and they both manipulate the words of their Holy Books.
Example,
a. republicans are against feeding poor people with welfare.
b. republicans are against insuring the 10,000's who die each year from not having health insurance.
c. republicans are against helping other countries.
(The Bible clearly shows that Jesus would be FOR the above things.)

2. Scientist's say they both use propaganda on their own people.

3. Both groups have a leadership structure that makes their followers believe lies.
Example, Fox news and Rush radio are the leaders of the Tea Party. Fox news tells them lies like "global warming is not happening, tax cuts for the rich increase government revenues, B. Obama is a communist, Social Security is out of money, ex.ex." (And the Tea Party members believe all the lies.)

4. They are both against women's rights. (But the Taliban is MUCH worse than the Tea Party)
Example, Tea Party members are against a woman's right to be a front line soldier, and they are against a women's right to have a abortion. ex.ex.ex.

5. They both love small government.
Neither group wants things like the EPA, FDA, IRS, public schools, public libraries, ex.ex.ex.

6. Both groups commit (or) speak about violence against their own fellow country people.
Example, I have heard many Tea Party members speak of overthrowing the US government, because they believe the US government is becoming communists.

Can you point to 6 facts showing that the Tea Party is (not) similar to the Taliban ??

This is the first time I have ever said that the Tea Party is like the Taliban.
And I have never thought that before.
I was just answering someones question, and the above is what came to mind.

For any person who was offended by my statements I am sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,744,923 times
Quote:
1.) They are both misguided religious groups, and they both manipulate the words of their Holy Books.
You are wrong right from the start. The TEA Party has nothing to do with religion.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
LOL this bagger has a history of making Tea Party/American Taliban-like racist comments - he's just a better dressed Herman Cain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecdf4RSVe1Y

Ugh! People need to stop with the Taliban references - i.e., American Taliban, Christian Taliban, etc. It's as annoying as calling people Nazis. Wanting to have the government take care of our national debt and not spend twice as much as they take in every year is nothing like hanging 9-year old boys in the street for "spying", or throwing acid on girls' faces as they leave school, or stoning women to death as half-time entertainment during soccer games, or not allowing women the right to have a job, drive, or even be outside of their homes without a male family member present.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:43 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
In what way is the Tea Party similar to the Taliban? Can you point to a single fact?

The Newsroom - Tea Party is the American Taliban - YouTube

Old 02-27-2013, 06:44 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Ugh! People need to stop with the Taliban references - i.e., American Taliban, Christian Taliban, etc. It's as annoying as calling people Nazis. Wanting to have the government take care of our national debt and not spend twice as much as they take in every year is nothing like hanging 9-year old boys in the street for "spying", or throwing acid on girls' faces as they leave school, or stoning women to death as half-time entertainment during soccer games, or not allowing women the right to have a job, drive, or even be outside of their homes without a male family member present.
Maybe they should stop acting like them.
You know controlling the masses based on threats.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
How could anyone be stupid enough to be a republican, when Republicans created our dangerous national debt with R. Reagan and GW Bush style tax cuts for the rich.

He is not a "black" man, he is a "stupid fool."
Are you mentally challenged or willfully ignorant? Honest question. Because if you actually believe tax cuts are the reason for our national debt, then you are either very dumb or purposely ignorant.

Have you even looked at what a little higher tax brings in from the wealthy? Then compare that to our debt.... I bet not. Clearly we have a spending problem, not a problem of taxes not being high enough.

So get a clue before you start spouting off utter nonsense.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:48 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
So you use a far left tv show to compare those for limited government and more freedom to terrorists?!?!

Old 02-27-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Maybe they should stop acting like them.
You know controlling the masses based on threats.
As demostrated in my post, the Tea Party is NOT acting like the Taliban! I'm sick of it! The Tea Party hasn't threatened anyone. They're not a racist organization like the media has portrayed. It's a group of people who believe that the government is wasteful, and they should get their house in order before raising taxes on citizens. They get enough! Obama has demonized the GOP for the sequester, threatening to cut essential services when there's absolutely other places to economize in any government budget before cutting essential services. For some reason, the media doesn't do their job by going over each budget and seeing what could be cut BEFORE workers are furloughed, ships not sent to the Persian Gulf, and all the other various threats we've heard about. Not one time have I heard a journalist do that.

Rant over, but do please give me examples of how they are controlling the masses based on threats.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:03 AM

Oh, what an idiot. I tried to watch that show but couldn't stomach it. His editorial about the voter id laws makes me want to scream. How does Dorothy cash checks, collect Social Security, get a job, have a bank account, or do any of the miriad things you have to have a photo id to do in this country? If she's 75, surely she's getting Social Security. That whole debate is stupid.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:09 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
LOL this bagger has a history of making Tea Party/American Taliban-like racist comments - he's just a better dressed Herman Cain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecdf4RSVe1Y
Great. We've gone from being just plain ol' every day racists to Tea Party/American Taliban-like racists.

We're moving on up just like George and Weezie.

(I'm not explaining it - if you're young you'll just have to look it up, you little pukes).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies