Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:54 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,419,196 times

Advertisements

Here we go again. This is what, the 19th time it has been declared that the housing market is definitely on the rise? All by the same poster too.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:00 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,043,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Thanks fore sharing more observations from your block.

Why are the investors investing $5000 on fresh paint and landscaping if they are not going to sell them?
They are selling them.. they are bargain prices.. A home sold for $115 , 2000 square feet, new stainless steel appliances, new carpeting, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, nice.. looked brand new. I walked through.. was completely repainted inside and out. Two luxury bathrooms, Soaking tub in one and tile, and another with two separate sinks. The realtor bought it for $70,000 a steal,, probably told the bank the house was a mess, it wasn't.. Just needed new paint and carpet. Was built in 2008. Squatters were living in it for a year or more unknown to anyone in the neighborhood that they were squatters.
It was built by a fellow in California as a flip. He had it built to resell at proft but the housing market flooded with foreclosures. He never sold it and left it to go into foreclosure .

A fellow from Michigan bought it, added a pool and fence.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:05 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,346,670 times
Though we have seen an increase here, it certainly has a long way to go: the minute the interest rates start to climb and they will, the market will slow down. I am always surprised when posters want to get excited about something that is over simplified and want to tell us how good things,including the stock market is. These are the same people who will remind us,when the market slows or starts down, how it is the world situation that controls the market. The same as they tell us, it isn't the governments fault when gas goes sky high, but let it go back to a couple of $$ a gallon and watch them praise the Pres and his party for the lower prices. BTW, for all of us, I hope the market continues, property values increase and gas dips to $1 a gallon, but it is unlikely any of that will happen.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:10 AM

77,015 posts, read 47,410,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Orlando preforclosure list along with lis pendens or legal action coming.

I showed you the stats in Orlando, and you continue to talk yourself into denial. LOL

Old 02-28-2013, 10:12 AM

524 posts, read 398,942 times
Finn must be real busy selling all of those high priced homes in the recovered housing market of South Florida. That's why he has so much time to post nonsensical responses on CD!

Old 02-28-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Though we have seen an increase here, it certainly has a long way to go: the minute the interest rates start to climb and they will, the market will slow down. I am always surprised when posters want to get excited about something that is over simplified and want to tell us how good things,including the stock market is.
Well, when the stock market has a 100% rally, it's kind or hard to deny the fact that it is doing pretty well, but that won't stop some people from claiming it's doing just horrible, or that it doesn't mean anything. Same with the housing market. If prices improved 100%, they would claim it's just an illusion, or that it means nothing, because there are two houses in their own block which are in foreclosure. Such is the mind of a natural born pessimist.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
Finn must be real busy selling all of those high priced homes in the recovered housing market of South Florida. That's why he has so much time to post nonsensical responses on CD!
No, I am renting them out I might sell 5-7 years down the road.

PS There is a big difference between "recovered" and "recovering". Ask your dad to explain the difference.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:35 AM

524 posts, read 398,942 times
Oh, I thought when you stated that you were in Real Estate and advising others on this board to buy, that you actually sold real estate. So you are a property owner, that by occupation, is a property manager. Got it. No need to get snippy with me, I am well aware of what is happening in this post and better yet in the world. It seems by your responses that I have a better grip on reality than you. For instance, when I start a thread, i intend to be knowledgeable about the topic, and mature enough to debate with persons with opposing views. I would also back up my claims and refrain from deviations. Maybe you are just having a bad day, who knows.

I would assume that you are an older adult, and by your last sentence you really should be embarrassed that you let yourself succumb to that kind of behavior.

The fact is that throughout our correspondence you did not want to debate with me, no matter what I presented you with, you avoided me like the plague. When presented with a well-thought out post, you seem to not respond and move on to an easier target. Your lack of capacity to actually hold a debate is not my fault, and while it might make you feel better to respond they way you have it makes you look moronic.

Quote:
I don't agree the housing market is artificially inflated in Florida, and your three year old article did nothing to support that view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
So what you are saying is that the process of government intervention has no lasting affects? The policies that have been enacted for the last several years in the housing market have no ramification on the current state and future state of the housing market? Have you ever heard of the term time lags?

If you really believe this, then the argument that securities backed-mortgages and low-income mortgages caused the housing crisis to begin with is false, because well, they started lending a long time before things got sour.

You do realize that we (our federal government and central banks) are still implementing the same policies, right? It is worth discussing, otherwise, why did you even come on this thread? Was it to brag about your artificially inflated real estate business in South Florida?
Quote:
I am sorry but I have no interest in discussing a situation from three years ago, because it has no bearing to what we are discussing here.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 AM

South Florida housing recovery on track - Business - MiamiHerald.com

South Florida housing recovery on track

Sales of existing homes and condos increased in South Florida in December and prices rose, as the housing recovery continued.

Sales of existing single-family homes in Miami-Dade County jumped 16.4 percent in December 2012 from a year earlier, making 2012 a record year for sales, the Miami Association of Realtors said.

In Miami-Dade, the median price for a single-family home jumped 18.9 percent to $214,060 while that of an existing condominium soared 25.4 percent to $163,000 in December 2012 from a year earlier, marking 13 consecutive months of year-over-year gains. Miami-Dade condo sales climbed 9.8 percent to 1,395 units in December.

Broward County’s housing market is showing similarly strong demand and rising prices.

In Broward, the median price of an existing single-family home surged 21.1 percent to $230,000 in December from a year earlier, according to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Realtors. The median price of an existing condo or townhouse in Broward jumped 24.7 percent to $95,100 year over year, the group said.
Sales of single-family homes in Broward climbed 14.9 percent in December from a year earlier while the volume of condo and townhouse closings increased 4.7 percent over the period.

Sellers have gained the upper hand amid a tight inventory of properties for sale and often can choose between competing offers, according to Realtors.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,043,712 times
Quote:
I showed you the stats in Orlando, and you continue to talk yourself into denial. LOL
Are you now talkng to yourself.. I was going to post the same thing to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies