Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 03:54 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Who's this "we" kemosabe?

I am very proud. I think he's is being masterful and doing exactly the right things in the order in whcih they are best done.

He wins, we win, you lose.

You should be getting used to this by now.

Ohhhh is that how it goes? He wins therefore we are supposed to win.... Hmmm. Well let me know when the we "winning" part starts. Because we havent been winning since he took office.

You are nothing but a delusional, willfully ignorant liberal. I shouldve expected such a meaningless response from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 03:58 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Ohhhh is that how it goes?
This is how it is, yes. Your paraphrase, however, is incomprehensible.

I imagine that derives from your impotence and frustration, so at some level it's understandable. But we elected this president to accomplish certain specific things, and he is accomplishing them. So like I said, you should be getting used to this by now.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Ohhhh is that how it goes? He wins therefore we are supposed to win.... Hmmm. Well let me know when the we "winning" part starts. Because we havent been winning since he took office.

You are nothing but a delusional, willfully ignorant liberal. I shouldve expected such a meaningless response from you.

Well Tilt11'

anyone with any smarts in their head, knows that the day this Presdient took his first step in the Oval Office, was the day that America lost.

But you see not all americans, because those who Obama needs little favors from, he gives special prefential treatment too, And we all know it.

Being a pompas arrogant a-- and a bullish temperment someone who has got to have his way, whether right or wrong for the people, means we don't win, we just have a child as a President, who loves playing games and has to win at all cost.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:13 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
This is how it is, yes. Your paraphrase, however, is incomprehensible.

I imagine that derives from your impotence and frustration, so at some level it's understandable. But we elected this president to accomplish certain specific things, and he is accomplishing them. So like I said, you should be getting used to this by now.
Out of curiosity, what exactly is he accomplishing?

Old 02-27-2013, 04:17 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Out of curiosity, what exactly is he accomplishing?
Ultimately? Protecting the recovery from a Republican induced second recession.

If the Republicans are going to want their defense budget restored, there will need to be some additional concessions on revenue. And the American public is overwhelmingly on his side to that end.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:41 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,462 times
Quote:
Obama was offered by some in the GOP to budget. To do what he said he was going to do when he was campaigning. He, of course, declined. Why the hell hasnt this scumbag gone through the budget yet?!?!?! LINE BY LINE. Go through our damn budget, line by line. Start making friggin cuts! To have the audacity to tell the American people that vital things will be cut and the nation will suffer, install such fear, when clearly we have billions and billions of waste that could be cut......that is an absolute disgrace. This man, this pathetic little man should be ashamed of himself.
What you are asking him to do is, of course, unconstitutional. The president can make recommendations, but actual appropriations bills must begin in the House of Representatives.

In any event, we all know that the sequestration was created only because the GOP house insisted on it, and a deficit commission, in order to increase the debt ceiling, which was needed in order to keep the economy going. Since the deficit commission failed to make any recommendations, the sequestration was not changed, except to push it back for a few months last year. This, any bill to change the blind cuts to spending, must begin with House Speaker Boehner.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:43 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
The guy is so worthless it defies description and imagination.

It will be so nice when the blabbering, slobbering media wakes up. We all know dems/libs can't think for themselves, and if the media ever turns, maybe some sense will get knocked into some empty heads.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:48 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Quite a screed you posted there.
Don't worry Old Gringo, your free stuff will be there for you even when Obama is screwing everyone else in the country.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:09 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
It's obvious that he's trying to replace Don Rickles as the king of the insults; it was wonderful watching Bob Woodward demolish him as having 'a kind of madness' throughout this entire sequester episode this morning on MSNBC's 'Morning Joe'.

His assertion that government would have to get used to functioning on over 97% of its current funding level is also absurd as George Will wrote in today's Orange County Register and elsewhere.

Will also pointed out the budgets of all of the Federal departments have risen by over 17% since Obama was sworn in, consequently making Obama's 'Chicken Little' whining about the devastation which a 5% cut in their operating expenses/revenue would inflict on them downright absurd.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:20 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
The sequester was supposed to force a compromise deal, but a deal wasn't reached. Watching republicans play the blame game instead of compromising shows they are the ones interested in politics.

Whatever the the GOP accuses Obama of doing, theyre doing. It's all projection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies