Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 08:40 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
yes i get it your so smart im stupid, why not try pointing out why its stupid instead of just calling is stupid
I did not say anything about you being stupid!

What I did say is that your comment that you are concerned about "ex-nazis spewing anti-semitism" is certainly a noble one but that it lacks a base in reality:

You see, the article can make that assurance all it wants, but it simply tries to use the same broad brush that is always used to subdue criticism of Israel: You MUST be an anti-semite.

The Nazi officially came into power in 1933. Let's say in the year 1935, a young boy of 10 years joined the Hitler Jugend was indoctrinated into Nazi ideology. In 2013, that young boy is now 88 years old.

What relevance do you think an almost 90 year old ex-Nazi could have in Germany?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 08:41 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
Quote:
Blaming all of the problems in the middle east on the jews is anti semetic, either that or just plain stupid
Not all problems, but many. The mere creation of Israel was wrong, one cannot undo one crime with another. The world should have given a piece of Germany to the Jews instead. And in the Middle East the Jews should have continued to live together with Arabs and Palestinians in one and the same country. Then we would not have this mess...

I am anti-Semitic insofar as the entire stone-age mentality found in both Israelis and Arabs alike just sucks. And unfortunately the West has been so stupid as to import that crap mindset for centuries via those retarded religions from down there...

Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 AM

361 posts, read 272,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post

What I did say is that your comment that you are concerned about "ex-nazis spewing anti-semitism" is certainly a noble one but that it lacks a base in reality:

You see, the article can make that assurance all it wants, but it simply tries to use the same broad brush that is always used to subdue criticism of Israel: You MUST be an anti-semite.

The Nazi officially came into power in 1933. Let's say in the year 1935, a young boy of 10 years joined the Hitler Jugend was indoctrinated into Nazi ideology. In 2013, that young boy is now 88 years old.

What relevance do you think an almost 90 year old ex-Nazi could have in Germany?
Its about the fact that theres not more done to condemn him that worries me

Old 02-28-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Blaming all of the problems in the middle east on the jews is anti semetic, either that or just plain stupid
That highly depends on YOUR perspective. You are looking at this from a Western and/or Jewish perception. Your view would differ fundamentally if you looked at it from a more middle Eastern perspective...

And not because you are anti-semitic, but because of Israeli foreign policy.

It's the same it has been for decades: If you criticize Israel you MUST be anti-semitic. Just like you believe, too.

It's a lovely place for Israel to be in: They can't do anything wrong. If they do, they can easily point the finger and cry "anti-semite" at the top of their lungs.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:43 AM

361 posts, read 272,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Not all problems, but many. The mere creation of Israel was wrong, one cannot undo one crime with another. The world should have given a piece of Germany to the Jews instead. And in the Middle East the Jews should have continued to live together with Arabs and Palestinians in one and the same country. Then we would not have this mess...

I am anti-Semitic insofar as the entire stone-age mentality found in both Israelis and Arabs alike just sucks. And unfortunately the West has been so stupid as to import that crap mindset for centuries...
You have a warped vision of reality

Old 02-28-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:

I witnessed a couple of such old geezers in a retirement home in the 90s. But they are probably all dead by now...

Old 02-28-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
You have a warped vision of reality
I consider it objective...

Old 02-28-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Its about the fact that theres not more done to condemn him that worries me
Are you kidding? Germans will crawl into the deepest darkest hole they can find if you were to make a harmless Jewish joke. They'd be terrified of being labeled a Nazi.

Try it sometimes. You'll be surprised by the strength of the collective guilt.

The German people, by and large, do not condone anti-semitic idiots. They are waaaayyyyy too sensitive about their history to let that pass.

If you do some research, you'll find that just about every major city in Germany has seen large rallies proclaiming support for Israel and condemning ant-Semitism.

Like this:

Arsch huh, Zäng ussenander!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:48 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:

You are displaying exactly the defense mechanism I pointed out earlier.

"It was just the nazi's" is a laughable defense given the history of anti-judaism throughout Europe.

Can we claim there is no racism in the USA once the old klans members die off since it's peak was even older than the Nazi party?

It's a good think parents can't possibly pass some of their thoughts or habits onto their kids either?

Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You are displaying exactly the defense mechanism I pointed out earlier.

"It was just the nazi's" is a laughable defense given the history of anti-judaism throughout Europe.

Can we claim there is no racism in the USA once the old klans members die off since it's peak was even older than the Nazi party?

It's a good think parents can't possibly pass some of their thoughts or habits onto their kids either?
No, I did not say "it was just the Nazis." I pointed out that German anti-semitism today is a phenomenon that is mostly rooted in the former East German states. Then I stated that being concerned over what an ex-nazi has to say is noble but a bit detached from reality given that ex-nazis tend to be VERY old or, more likely, dead.

That is a far cry from saying that there is no anti-Semitism.

I also did not defend anti-Semitism in any of my statements.

Alas, you are making your point quite clearly: Any criticism must be drowned by claiming anti-semitism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies