Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:51 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I just interceded on the insult barrage because that's how threads get closed. Forgive me if I choose not to engage you in further insults.
I wasn't insulting anyone.

Just speaking the truth.

liberals are told what to think by MSNBC.

If somone thinks that an insult it's their problem, not mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
That happened on this forum... today...
Doesn't surprise me.

Liberals try and hide their racism but they aint very good at it.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:57 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
I wasn't insulting anyone.

Just speaking the truth.

liberals are told what to think by MSNBC.

If somone thinks that an insult it's their problem, not mine.
Actually, if you don't think that's an insult, then it is your problem. Telling people they don't think for themselves is insulting. Period.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, if you don't think that's an insult, then it is your problem. Telling people they don't think for themselves is insulting. Period.
Not my problem if it's true.

It's my experience that I can watch MSNBC for an hour then talk to any liberal and they will say the exact same thing. Almost word for word.

What's insulting is that liberals expect people to think they are intelligent and know better than everyone else.

I asked a liberal the other day why the chicken crossed the road.

She said "it's George Bush's fault and you're a racist"

That's the standard answer from all liberals. Just like MSNBC tells you all to say.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Oh sure, you say that in public. All liberals do.

But we know how you really think.

You take your marching orders from MSNBC just like every other leftie.

P.S. Can we stop with the "defending" nonsense. People don't defend someone's right to their own opinion.
Do I take my marching orders from MSNBC? I guess I must, I'm pretty liberal. The only problem is that I haven't watched it in about 3 years. Not once. I got rid of all of those nutbar American faux news channels after having them for a couple of years. They never have anything new to say but just sound like broken recordings repeating the same nonsence over and over.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
LOL@ people bringing Spike Lee into a political discussion over comments he made 20 years ago.

Spike Lee has a white stepmother, so if he's shooting daggers, he's gonna have to do it close to home.

Anyway, most Americans are fine with interracial marriage, but that doesn't mean they're "comfortable" with it. Political ideology has no bearing on it.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:59 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,280 times
Lol...racist Republican states were the last to legalize interracial marriage. Just like how they will be the last to legalize gay marriage.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:01 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL@ people bringing Spike Lee into a political discussion over comments he made 20 years ago.

Spike Lee has a white stepmother, so if he's shooting daggers, he's gonna have to do it close to home.

Anyway, most Americans are fine with interracial marriage, but that doesn't mean they're "comfortable" with it. Political ideology has no bearing on it.
If everyone was held to one sentence we said 20 years ago everyone would be guilty as Spike.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If everyone was held to one sentence we said 20 years ago everyone would be guilty as Spike.
Spike was upset because his widowed father married a white woman after his mom died. He said a lot of hurtful crap back then about the issue that I'm sure he wouldn't say now. Especially because his dad had kids with his stepmom.

20 years ago, I had medieval views on gays....and I sounded like an ignorant, knuckledragging troglodyte. I was young and stupid.

Well I grew up...thank goodness. Hopefully, no one will still be bashing me over the head 10 years from now for those views.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:28 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Spike was upset because his widowed father married a white woman after his mom died. He said a lot of hurtful crap back then about the issue that I'm sure he wouldn't say now. Especially because his dad had kids with his stepmom.

20 years ago, I had medieval views on gays....and I sounded like an ignorant, knuckledragging troglodyte. I was young and stupid.

Well I grew up...thank goodness. Hopefully, no one will still be bashing me over the head 10 years from now for those views.
Yep, happens to the best of us. Those that can grow are enlightened and those that don't are stagnant. I may not be enlightened as you as I still think Gay sex is gross, but it really isn't my business telling others where they can put their parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies