Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there such a thing as heterophobia?
Yes 29 37.66%
No 40 51.95%
Unsure 8 10.39%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 PM

334 posts, read 450,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Quite frankly, it hasn't been much of a priority.

Maybe you are Asexual? Hey that is cool too, just admit it to yourself if no one else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperCheck View Post
Are you sure? Since you have never been "with" a woman to know whether you really do like it.
Sigh...another one who apparently thinks that sex is the only thing that matters.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
...For an activity to be immoral it has to harm something.

...When does homosexuality harm something?
My dictionary doesn't mention anything about harm - it defines morality as dealing with right or wrong.

You are making up your own definition and sound just like Bill Clinton.

Words mean things.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
So?

pch linked to a blatantly pro gay marriage group blog, which was all of 4 paragraphs, written by a propagandist who did absolutely nothing to defend the claims made, and cannot in any way be taken seriously.

The article to which I linked was throughly researched, cited sources from respected academic journals, and defended its thesis.

It doesn't take a rocket science to understand that my link is more credible.
Your link is not credible when it refuses to recognize modern studies which shows that sexual orientation is not a choice. I believe in the evidence of nearly all gays and lesbians saying they did not make a choice. That is the only ones that count. not that of a religious organization with an agenda to discredit gay people.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:33 PM

334 posts, read 450,867 times
Quote:

There is a Bible verse that says something like "rejoice in your youth, young man". Also Paul wrote that "it is good to remain single".

I have several good female friends and am happy keeping things platonic without delving into a lifetime commitment.

However if a relationship developed with a woman and we agreed after prayer that marriage was the proper step to take, then by all means I would marry her.

You ever stop to think he was saying have sex with lots of different women until it is time to settle down?

Old 03-01-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
And then why is it innately immoral? Innate means part of the nature of something, so you are saying that gay sex is immoral because it is. That is no reason at all. Rape is immoral, stealing is immoral, lying is immoral, but sex between two consenting adults regardless of the sex of the people, is not immoral. Try again with a real answer.
Why do you only consider 3/4 of the examples which you cited to be immoral?

Why do you consider those three to be immoral but not the fourth?

Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperCheck View Post
So your Instructor was a Genesis based "Creationist"?
I doubt it.

He taught evolution.

I don't know what he thought about it - he just presented the curriculum as did the book.

I gave the answers that I had to pass the course.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:35 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Why do you only consider 3/4 of the examples which you cited to be immoral?

Why do you consider those three to be immoral but not the fourth?
Rape, theft, lying, and murder are not consensual acts. Sex between consenting adults is.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
I took and passed biology at a public high school.

No - animals are animals, and human beings are moral beings known as people.
We are still animals

Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:

There is a Bible verse that says something like "rejoice in your youth, young man". Also Paul wrote that "it is good to remain single".

I have several good female friends and am happy keeping things platonic without delving into a lifetime commitment.

However if a relationship developed with a woman and we agreed after prayer that marriage was the proper step to take, then by all means I would marry her.
You don't need to be married to have sex or even to have a baby. Doesn't the bible also say that it is not good for man to be alone? How do you come to the conclusion that homosexuality is immoral? Is slavery immoral?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies