Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 08:27 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The boy that cried wolf is getting old.
He's losing ground with the American public.

Eventually people stop listening to activists and their doom and gloom dire warnings to incite panic and anger.
I think he cried wolf one too many times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 08:28 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Obama has over played his hand. Congress has called his bluff.

So you won't get $100 raise next year. You get a $98 raise. Does it really matter?

It would have been a much better deal, to have no raise at all. You still get that raise, by 2% less than you had already planned for.

Obama is selling Armageddon, for mosquito bite.
Obama: Budget cuts no apocalypse, 'just dumb' - latimes.com

Old 03-02-2013, 08:31 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Nah, he's not losing his base. His base just isn't that smart.
'All your base are belong to us'. Barack Obama 2012

Old 03-02-2013, 08:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Obama has over played his hand. Congress has called his bluff.

So you won't get $100 raise next year. You get a $98 raise. Does it really matter?

It would have been a much better deal, to have no raise at all. You still get that raise, by 2% less than you had already planned for.

Obama is selling Armageddon, for mosquito bite.
Seeing the next approval rating polls could be very interesting to say the least. I think our Pres has over stepped in more than one way...of course I have thought that before and been wrong. At least this time he didn't try and tell the seniors they would not get their SS check in March, I am sure that is coming though.

Nita

Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,639,707 times
Quote:
The boy that cried wolf is getting old.
He's losing ground with the American public.

Eventually people stop listening to activists and their doom and gloom dire warnings to incite panic and anger.
Blaming everything on Bush and the Republicans, is also getting old.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:33 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times
Quote:
Election Infographic Shows Most Educated States Voted For Obama | Happy Place

Old 03-02-2013, 08:34 AM

7,492 posts, read 5,744,386 times
Quote:
Rep point for you.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The GOP in congress did what they always do when it comes time for cuts, throw a temper tantrum then go on vacation.

It's all on the GOP and will cost them direly in 2014.
So what you are saying is: the GOP is on vacation but the rest of the congress stayed behind? I really don't think so, and if my memory serves me right our Pres just took a vacation, or do you not consider a golf trip a vacation, shouldn't he have been in Wash trying to work things out before the deadline? BTW, who is throwing a temper tantrum, I think the GOP is handling this very well. They stood up to him, good for them..

Old 03-02-2013, 08:39 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,494,525 times
President Obama's hands are tied by Congress; he can only get his left hand out to sign the executive order implementing what the Repubilcan Congress enacted into law. The President doesn't make the laws - that's the responsibility of Congress. And, if you want to blame anyone, you can blame your elected representatives - for which you can blame yourself.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
The Star Wars and Star Trek geeks went wild over that one.

Did he mean the Vulcan mind meld (star trek) or the jedi force meld (star wars).

I give my vote to Vulcan mind meld..Spock rules !
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Seeing the next approval rating polls could be very interesting to say the least. I think our Pres has over stepped in more than one way...of course I have thought that before and been wrong.

Nita
They need to do political approval ratings differently.

As voters if they approved of the events in Benghazi, or if they approve of the lack of a sane budget and Obama's cuts in spending.

The question is what is it that the public actually approves of because it could be that they thought Obama fit in very well with their most popular celebrity stars on the Letterman show or they think Michelle's bangs are so cute.

It's become more like a celebrity reality show than anything else and celebrities lately aren't expected to actually be able to sing or act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies