Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 02:58 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
But......but..........but.........it's not FAIR.

Who cares. So their stupid picture isn't going to be on the valentines day collage like most other kids pictures aren't. How many other photo's were turned down because they also violated school policy? I'm sure nobody cares.

""You shouldn't worry about people bashing you or talking behind your back just for you to be you."

Then don't. Stop crying and drawing attention to yourself. Fact is that is about all that goes on in high school is folks talking behind your back. Been that way for years and that is EVERYBODY. Deal with it.
I thought it woulda been nice if they had a pic in my yearbook the year I won Conference in the 800 meters.

But they didn't include it.

I spent years in counseling for this horrendous discrimination against me. DON'T THEY KNOW WHO I AM?

What made it worse was my then girlfriend took the picture and was on the yearbook staff. And I still didn't make the cut.

Somehow, I have survived. I even see that evil girl that discriminated against me on a regular basis. I'm gonna bring that up to her. Damn it.

lols.

That's what these whiney arse liberals sound like half the time. Everthing is a federal case with them.

P.S. I did win that race in a time of 154.7 and I did date a girl on the yearbook staff and I still run into her. The counseling and stuff is bs. lols.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:00 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,559,699 times
Quote:
But......but..........but.........it's not FAIR.

Who cares. So their stupid picture isn't going to be on the valentines day collage like most other kids pictures aren't. How many other photo's were turned down because they also violated school policy? I'm sure nobody cares.

""You shouldn't worry about people bashing you or talking behind your back just for you to be you."

Then don't. Stop crying and drawing attention to yourself. Fact is that is about all that goes on in high school is folks talking behind your back. Been that way for years and that is EVERYBODY. Deal with it.
Sounds to me like they are dealing with it.

Just not the way you like.

And for someone who keeps saying, "Who cares?" you sure have a lot to say about this subject.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:01 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Many don't want equal rights they want special rights. Where to draw the line. Apparently for some their is no line. They didn't put a stupid picture in the yearbook and immediately it's discrimination and the world is ending. They are talking about me behind my back and immediately it's discrimination and the world will end. Maybe they were just talking about these two behind their backs because their ugly??? The gay army isn't for equal rights they want to be special.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Sounds to me like they are dealing with it.

Just not the way you like.

And for someone who keeps saying, "Who cares?" you sure have a lot to say about this subject.
No not really. Just call out stupidity when I see it. I see it a lot. Your post is the tops on this thread so far though good work.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You poor thing, denial is not a good state to live in. Like it or not, the world is changing.

I doubt it, too. And of course, that's not what I said.
Never said it wasn't changing. Never said I was against the change you are referring to.

Frankly, I don't give a **** what picture they put in this yearbook. They could show her munching the carpet for all I care.

I just think it is a sign of emotional immaturity when people get upset about this kinda crap. No one violated anyones rights or caused injury.

If these kids at this school wanna get upset about hurt feelings then so be it. Kids get upset about stupid crap all the time.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Many don't want equal rights they want special rights. Where to draw the line. Apparently for some their is no line. They didn't put a stupid picture in the yearbook and immediately it's discrimination and the world is ending. They are talking about me behind my back and immediately it's discrimination and the world will end. Maybe they were just talking about these two behind their backs because their ugly??? The gay army isn't for equal rights they want to be special.
And if you don't think gays exactly like MSNBC tells the liberals to think then you are a "bigot" "homophobe" "Bibke-thumper" or any other name.

I said this decision was left up to the school system so I'm called a "bigot" told I'm "resisting change" told "I'm in denial" and all this other nonsense. I state a fact and people act like I'm the problem. lols.

I wonder if liberals realize that the people that make decisions about hs yearbooks have the same rights as everyone else. And it don't ****ing matter if they like it or not.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:16 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I don't disagree; the school absolutely has the right to make this call if they see fit. But 20 years from now, when these kids look at their yearbook, they're going to shake their heads in bemusement at the ridiculous closed-mindedness of that old, bigoted generation that has, thankfully, passed out of influence. Progress is a good thing.
Or maybe they will look back at their yearbook and shake their heads at the ridiculous lack of judgment that society showed in moving away from the ideas of the old generation.

Sorta like how the "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" of the 1960s turned into the "where have all the good men gone?" in the 1990s.

Or how the War on Poverty was going to accelerate the gradual decline of poverty to end it for good, and then poverty levels reversed direction and began to increase after it was enacted

Or how the coming ice age became global warming

Or how electing Bush would be the death knell for a woman's right to choose and now not only can she choose but get free birth control too

Or how "fathers are nice but not necessary" became "fatherlessness #1 predictor of teenage delinquency, pregnancy, school dropouts"

You guys don't have a great track record on predictions.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:16 PM

Sounds like your still upset about not getting that photo of your conference championship in the year book to me. If you were gay you could have just made a huge stink about it and called it discrimination and all would be well.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:17 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,498 times
Quote:
If the picture was yanked because they didn't want a picture of two gay people but kept in other pictures of heterosexuals then yes, that's discrimination. Duh.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
If the picture was yanked because they didn't want a picture of two gay people but kept in other pictures of heterosexuals then yes, that's discrimination. Duh.
"Administrators in the Northside ISD said several leaders reviewed the photo and determined it was a little too intimate and violated the student handbook policy regarding public display of affection."

Duh.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.